20220423_234206.jpg

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I understand you are trying to prove Ukrainian land belongs to Russian government. Using recently printed/ supposedly accurate maps of the middle ages to prove your point is flawed logic.

If Ukraine was Russia, Russia wouldn't need tanks, artillery, jets, hypersonic missiles, grad rockets, sunken destroyers and troops from several nations to take it. It should be blatantly obvious to anyone paying attention that Ukrainians don't want to live under Russian government. Ukrainians want to keep their homes and independence.

Ian, Im not trying to prove anything. I'm pointing out why Russia thinks Ukraine is not a separate entity from itself. I'm not arguing whether it's right or wrong. I'm showing you that Ukraine did not exist before 1991 and the word as any sort of state or region did not exist before 1918 in any official capacity.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    Ian, Im not trying to prove anything. I'm pointing out why Russia thinks Ukraine is not a separate entity from itself. I'm not arguing whether it's right or wrong. I'm showing you that Ukraine did not exist before 1991 and the word as any sort of state or region did not exist before 1918 in any official capacity.
    Russia does think Ukraine is a separate entity. Ask any Russian if they are Ukrainian, they will tell you no. Ask any Ukrainian if they are Russian. Same answer.

There is a reason the borders were drawn that way in 1917. Ukraine is not Russia.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Russia does think Ukraine is a separate entity. Ask any Russian if they are Ukrainian, they will tell you no. Ask any Ukrainian if they are Russian. Same answer.

There is a reason the borders were drawn that way in 1917. Ukraine is not Russia.

By your logic there are parts of the US that are Mexico right now...

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    By your logic there are parts of the US that are Mexico right now...
    Wrong.

Putin used the excuse of "ethnic russians" in Crimea to invade and steal land from Ukraine. Sounds Hitlerish, right?

Using the excuses (can't call it reasoning) you are presenting for putin, you should give up your home to those whose ancestors ruled over the land in the middle ages.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    Other than in this thread is there still a war going on?
    Yep, plenty of poor Russian boys dieing so putin can steal Ukraine gas/oil fields and farm land.

But don't worry putins humanitarian workers are pouring hydrogen peroxide on week old deep shrapnel wounds for Babushkas in bombed out cities! Lol haha roflmao snicker snicker.

Attachments

• 20220428_170620.jpg
      20220428_170620.jpg
      76.1 KB · Views: 60

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Agree war is bad.

Where do you think putins invasion will stop? Did you think putin would stop with Crimea? Where is your red line?
    With Trump. You're talking about countries that were once part of the USSR, so many of the people in those countries hold allegiance to Russia. Look how we've fared in countries that were divided in their loyalties. In Ukraine, some of the worst people are those we'd be fighting along side. Spending billions on a country we don't even consider an ally is just plain silly. I didn't like it in Iraq, and I didn't like it in Afghanistan. What do we have to show for them, besides that loss of Americans and money?

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    wikipedia. I sometimes use them for a source to get a sense of a meaning of something, but I certainly wouldn't use them for historical accuracy.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    With Trump. You're talking about countries that were once part of the USSR, so many of the people in those countries hold allegiance to Russia. Look how we've fared in countries that were divided in their loyalties. In Ukraine, some of the worst people are those we'd be fighting along side. Spending billions on a country we don't even consider an ally is just plain silly. I didn't like it in Iraq, and I didn't like it in Afghanistan. What do we have to show for them, besides that loss of Americans and money?
    Yes many of those countries were once living under Russias rule. They saw how Russia used them for decades and when it was time for Russia to pay their pensions, Russia broke the Union. Took their money and ran. The overwhelming majority of people would rather live in a NATO country than Russia. Thats just the facts.

What country doesn't have bad people in it? There are bad people in Ukraine, surely not what you would say is justification for invasion. With Putin's invasion he exposed himself as worse than anyone in Ukraine.

I consider Ukraine an ally. Do you consider Russia an ally?

Do you think Russia is seeing more resistance in Ukraine than we saw in Iraq and Afghanistan?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    What about the video evidence I posted do you think is untrue?

>
    All information from a war made publicly available by one side is "propagandized". I have no way of knowing if it is true/real, or how much is true/real.

We all know that there are many ways of deceiving via altered videos, etc. And, what would the other side be showing us ?

Point is that it is very very difficult for us to tell exactly what is going-on in Ukraine.

leVieux

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Ignoring dictators with world dominance plans and who invade other countries always works out so well.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Ignoring dictators with world dominance plans and who invade other countries always works out so well.
    All you need do is look at the American globalist oligarchy, lots of failures, but their world dominance plans are working out better for them than most.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yes many of those countries were once living under Russias rule. They saw how Russia used them for decades and when it was time for Russia to pay their pensions, Russia broke the Union. Took their money and ran. The overwhelming majority of people would rather live in a NATO country than Russia. Thats just the facts.

What country doesn't have bad people in it? There are bad people in Ukraine, surely not what you would say is justification for invasion. With Putin's invasion he exposed himself as worse than anyone in Ukraine.

I consider Ukraine an ally. Do you consider Russia an ally?

Do you think Russia is seeing more resistance in Ukraine than we saw in Iraq and Afghanistan?
    I don't have to pick a side in a conflict. You can consider Ukraine your bestest friends for all I care, that doesn't make them an ally of the U.S.A. Much like Russia after the fall of the USSR, Ukraine was a corrupt nation, and still is. I don't like Russia, but I would have much the same feelings as if Russia invaded Iran. I'm sure there's good and bad people everywhere, but I'm sick and tired of the U.S. feeling as if it's the world police. We need to fix our own problems before we think about fixing others.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I'm more worried about China than Russia. Look how well it worked out for the U.S. the last time we helped a nation fight a Russian invasion.
    Not working out too bad in Ukraine so far.

Just because China is the bigger threat does not mean we can give Russia a free pass. We will always have more than one threat.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Not working out too bad in Ukraine so far.

Just because China is the bigger threat does not mean we can give Russia a free pass. We will always have more than one threat.
    Is the U.S. the moral authority of the world now? As far as I know, we haven't given them a free pass. If they threatened our allies, then certainly, military action is warranted. Otherwise, we condemn and sanction as we have. Let Europe, worry about Europe. To me, Ukraine is a distraction. The Biden administration uses it as a source of all our woes.

Also, think of it this way. After the Afghanistan withdrawal debacle, do you really trust these same military leaders to lead us to victory elsewhere?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom