• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juan valdez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    I always laugh when i see on forums people bash yeti as being overpriced. especially when it's gun forums, car forums, fishing/boating forums. some of the same people who will buy a dan wesson valor or whatever when a RIA gets the job done. Same people who will buy a yellowfin instead of a sea hunt (or god forbid a mako/robalo etc)when they both get the job done. same people who must have the latest generation/update of a car when a kia rio will get the job done.

obviously that doesnt apply to all who bash yeti but it does apply in some cases.

yes i own multiple yeti products, some gifts, mostly bought. yes i paid more than they're worth, i dont lose sleep over it. i'm not rich but i do like the convenience of yeti. yes you can replace cooler parts when they break, but it sure is annoying when you're in the middle of nowhere at deer camp, or down on the coast for a long weekend and the stupid hinge breaks yet again. or the handle snaps, or whatever.

if you cant afford a yeti, you probably shouldn't be on a gun forum buying guns/ammo on a regular basis bc you certainly can't afford that either.

now i did "cheap" out so to speak and bought a soft side AO cooler for my car. really interested to see how it holds up/performs. for $50 i figure if it lasts a couple years than it's all good.
    Guns International

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I always laugh when i see on forums people bash yeti as being overpriced. especially when it's gun forums, car forums, fishing/boating forums. some of the same people who will buy a dan wesson valor or whatever when a RIA gets the job done. Same people who will buy a yellowfin instead of a sea hunt (or god forbid a mako/robalo etc)when they both get the job done. same people who must have the latest generation/update of a car when a kia rio will get the job done.

obviously that doesnt apply to all who bash yeti but it does apply in some cases.

yes i own multiple yeti products, some gifts, mostly bought. yes i paid more than they're worth, i dont lose sleep over it. i'm not rich but i do like the convenience of yeti. yes you can replace cooler parts when they break, but it sure is annoying when you're in the middle of nowhere at deer camp, or down on the coast for a long weekend and the stupid hinge breaks yet again. or the handle snaps, or whatever.

if you cant afford a yeti, you probably shouldn't be on a gun forum buying guns/ammo on a regular basis bc you certainly can't afford that either.

now i did "cheap" out so to speak and bought a soft side AO cooler for my car. really interested to see how it holds up/performs. for $50 i figure if it lasts a couple years than it's all good.

guess you did not read the thread.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake

You completely missed the point of the thread. But you still get this.........
    trophy-patch-3D_1024x1024.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

cf06a02126ba3bc04feb5005be8277c3.jpg

Still won't waste money on a Yeti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    yes i own multiple yeti products, some gifts, mostly bought. yes i paid more than they're worth, i dont lose sleep over it.
    That is the thing that makes your post so stupid. You admit they aren't worth the price.

On top of that you missed the whole point of the thread.

Thanks for playing though.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    From Yeti:

View attachment 41748 If someone who is not on a phone could make it full size.

Interesting. Having a 'bar' inside a building(different owner/different business license) makes the whole building a no-fly zone under the 51% rule? Seems like a "no" to me, so carrying in the store is OK? I'd have to see the layout of the place to get a good idea of what's what and I just don't see that happening unless I'm completely out of things to do while walking along in front of the store. the VP's response seems reasonable unless he is trying to "use" the 51% license as a prohibition against carrying anywhere in the store(thereby making the TABC the 'bad guys' in the eyes of the gun-toting customers).

juan valdez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    Lol looks like a few feathers got ruffled. It's OK boys the sun will still rise this morning.

Like I said, doesn't apply to all who bash the company. Politics aside, it's just amazing to me how much flack they catch for being over priced. As if they're the only company who has ever produced a product overpriced.

juan valdez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    That is the thing that makes your post so stupid. You admit they aren't worth the price.

On top of that you missed the whole point of the thread.

Thanks for playing though.

No I see the point and that's actually what led me to this thread from a Google search but thanks for playing. Nowhere did I even remotely try to defend them for their signage. If yeti folded tomorrow I would not care much other than thinking it sucks a TX based company folded.

So bc I admit they're over priced it invalidates my point? Do they claim to make bargain priced coolers? Do they make coolers that don't work?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    No I see the point and that's actually what led me to this thread from a Google search but thanks for playing. Nowhere did I even remotely try to defend them for their signage. If yeti folded tomorrow I would not care much other than thinking it sucks a TX based company folded.

So bc I admit they're over priced it invalidates my point? Do they claim to make bargain priced coolers? Do they make coolers that don't work?
    You didn't even mention their signage, which is the whole point of the thread.

You admit they are overpriced but seem to think ownership is a status symbol. You also seem to think if somebody doesn't own a Yeti then they must be poor and therefore shouldn't be involved in any hobby.

Your prickish, condescending attitude completely invalidates any point you might make. Considering your point seems to be "Look at me, I buy overpriced products because they inflate my stature in society", does it really matter?

juan valdez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    You didn't even mention their signage, which is the whole point of the thread.

You admit they are overpriced but seem to think ownership is a status symbol. You also seem to think if somebody doesn't own a Yeti then they must be poor and therefore shouldn't be involved in any hobby.

Your prickish, condescending attitude completely invalidates any point you might make. Considering your point seems to be "Look at me, I buy overpriced products because they inflate my stature in society", does it really matter?

wow, that's a lot of info to glean from my post, none of which was my point. If that's what makes ya feel better, good for ya.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    What Dawico gleaned from your post is pretty much what we all gleaned from your post. And yes, it was prickish. But I'm not worthy enough to be talking to a guy that actually owns a yeti cooler.

juan valdez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    oh man you guys are funny. didnt realize so many sensitive girls were on here.

the simple point i was trying to get across is their is a ton of hate across the interwebz of a company that sells overpriced stuff. but people act like they're the only company who does so.

as for their BS sign, I will think twice before buying another yeti product even though they've now taken the sign down. on that aspect I will agree 100% with everything previously said in this thread.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Nobody has a problem paying for quality. It's ALWAYS more expensive. Yeti just went to a ridiculous point with it. That's why they get bashed. Seriously, how much were they charging for $10 stamped steel coffee mugs?

juan valdez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    there's still any number of products out there well beyond the point of diminishing return which don't receive near the bashing yeti does. I've seen dudes online with 200k dollar boats bash yeti for being over priced. Really?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What boat was it? What did it offer over a 150k boat? Or 50K boat?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Is better and more expensive than the regular igloo coolers at WM.

Yeti is much more expensive than Rtic coolers but not better, arguably Igloo Marine.

The tumblers,,$60 for a cup that works no better and is no more stable than a $10 Rtic or Ozark Trail. And all are made in China.

Maybe if Yeti made there products in the US the cost wouldn't be bashed so much.

Top Bottom