• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    That's why they catch hell. Texans demand a Texas designed product. It's the Cadillac of coolers. With a Texas Cadillac price.

It's a Texas pi$$off.
    Military Camp

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not anymore. Rtic makes the same quality at less than half price.

They just had good marketing and little competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmbarkChief

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Yeti is based in Austin but the coolers are made overseas. Buy Igloo, made in Brookshire, Texas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Whatever. I've got a couple of Yeti products that were either gifts or gifts that I enhanced with some more $$. I thought y'all liked free markets & capitalism. Hmm.

I love my Yeti cooler and it works better than any I've had before. I don't ride around with it highlighted with flashing lights and signs. I really don't give a hoot about what anybody says about it.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Only thing I have from them is a cup. It was a gift. The Walmart version of the cup works just as well in my opinion. Never had any inclination to buy one of their coolers.

I have a Ozark Trial (Walmart) 30 oz tumbler that works just as well as the Yeti. I do, however, have a Yeti handle on it which actually cost more than the cup ($9.99 for the handle vs. $9.79 for the cup). Just shows you how much of a ripoff Yetis are!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Whatever. I've got a couple of Yeti products that were either gifts or gifts that I enhanced with some more $$. I thought y'all liked free markets & capitalism. Hmm.

I love my Yeti cooler and it works better than any I've had before. I don't ride around with it highlighted with flashing lights and signs. I really don't give a hoot about what anybody says about it.

Product bashing is part of the free market system, and capitalism doesn't preclude the ability of consumers to comment negatively on a product or its price.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I didn't know Yeti was a Texas company. That's kinda cool. But they're also kinda over priced, especially now that everyone and their dog seems to be making similar products.

I'm sure there's insurance involved.

I'm not. I've been the one who's bought commercial insurance for work for the last 20 years and have never once been asked anything remotely related to firearm possession.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    YG wrote - "Product bashing is part of the free market system, and capitalism doesn't preclude the ability of consumers to comment negatively on a product or its price."

Really?

I seem to recall you posting an entirely opposite philosophy most recently regarding a certain item.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    • [h=3]Where Are YETI Products Manufactured?[/h] Our Tundra coolers are manufactured in the USA at facilities located in Iowa and Wisconsin as well as at a facility located in the Philippines. Our Hopper coolers and Rambler drinkware are manufactured in China.

RTIC Where are your coolers made?
    Like other major competitors, RTIC products are made in China in order to provide the best quality at the lowest price to you, the consumer. Just like many of the outdoor products you will buy at your favorite sporting goods store; overseas manufacturing is a cost effective way for retailers to provide an affordable product to its customers.

RTIC is warehoused in Cypress, Texas. http://www.click2houston.com/news/meet-houston-twin-brothers-and-creators-of-rtic

As we approach our next century, Igloo is 1200 employees strong. We are proud to call—a 1.8 million square-foot, three-building facility in—Katy, Texas home. With more than 500 products sold at hundreds of retailers around the globe, we can confidently call ourselves the number one cooler manufacturer in the world.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    YG wrote - "Product bashing is part of the free market system, and capitalism doesn't preclude the ability of consumers to comment negatively on a product or its price."

Really?

I seem to recall you posting an entirely opposite philosophy most recently regarding a certain item.

That victim card is gonna start wearing out if you keep throwing it around like that.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    YG,

That's a weak response to the charge of hypocrisy...

Christ, I thought you stronger than that.

If you're caught being a hypocrite - admit it. You're not a super hero.

Oh, if I'm heading down a dangerous path, as you once suggested, (meaning of course my 'tone' was too much for your sensitivities') given my previous posting of an unmentionable subject, you sound rather like a censorious politburo member.

Try accepting, if the shoe fits..and not getting angry when it's pointed out..

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    :laughing: QFT!

Yeti becomes a forum sponsor in 3...2...
    :stir:

Hahahhahahah....hush you!

To the implied point though, I disagreed with a forum sponsor at the outset of this thread. I don't really have issue with anyone doing so.

However, the sponsor you are referring went above and beyond in an attempt to explain the business structure and MowingManiac chose to be as obtuse as possible about it, almost childish in his posts. That does create an issue. Especially considering the sponsor had wronged him in no way, shape, or form.

If Yeti decides to become a sponsor, questions the price, and gets an answer, then that's that. If Yeti screws then over somehow it would be a different situation.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    After reading this thread I looked at a yeti cooler in a store the other day wooooo hooo. Looked like you could get about 4 six packs in there, $349. LOL, I guess there really is one born every minute.

I could buy a pretty nice used refrigerator for that.

Top Bottom