• MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Oh there's that word again. Maybe.

... and maybe it'll cause elephants to fly out of your butt from the pressure buildup. Maybe.
    MAYBE local hospitals have been going against orders to immediately ventilate patients that would normally not go straight on a ventilator...
    I don’t know how many folks know that early on in this bunch of shenanigans doctors were instructed to ventilate patients prematurely and it was blowing their lungs out. That’s the last resort for that very reason. Any actual doctors on here can correct me but this is what I’ve gathered lately on the current state of affairs. They keep touting how many ventilators are being fast tracked on the production line like every person that tests positive will need one then it gets tossed in the dumpster.
    Target Sports

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I've had customers wearing these...no mask...just the shield.........

Like this is going to protect anyone...not even themselves....

faceshield_hero_1__9c0f5aa95dc109b25c5f5a868eaa24c87f29a6e3.jpg

Attachments

• faceshield_hero_1__9c0f5aa95dc109b25c5f5a868eaa24c87f29a6e3.jpg
      faceshield_hero_1__9c0f5aa95dc109b25c5f5a868eaa24c87f29a6e3.jpg
      21.2 KB · Views: 423

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    No one,

Read post 80, the rumors you post are just that...

Hospitals aren't and haven't been overrun in Houston.

Everyone should wear a mask...fail

Prevent hospital overrun by wearing masks...fail.

You're batting a 1000...for failure.

Sorry old boy, but you seem to be singing off key lefty confusion.

Let me guess...you're a dem.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    It's come down to either feel good about yourself for submitting to the directive that "may" or "might" or "could" help, or be chastised for asking for verifiable information.
    Sigh.

Masks do help - no may, might, or could about it. No reasonable mask is 0% effective across a population of hundreds of millions.

If you want to get into the details, N95 and P100 filters are not 100%. You are comfortable with the verified N95 standard but N95 filters are not 100%. Therefore, N95s "may", "might", or "could" help. "May", "might", and "could" are standards you don't like, so...

We're just arguing about how effective a mask has to be before you "feel" good about wearing them. It comes down to the feels. The same feels we mock libtards for clinging to.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Thanks toddnjoyce for that link to Abbott’s order.

So everybody gets one “free pass” in the form of a verbal or written warning. Looks like I could just ignore his order until AFTER I used my ‘free pass’. After which, it would cost me $250 per shot.

And if I told the judge I wasn’t going to pay, would they then be forced to lock me up? (Where my chances of contracting COVID-19 would presumably be greatly increased).

BTW, what is the rate ($$) of “pay off” in jail time per day to pay off a fine? (Just asking for a friend...)

Last edited:

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I've had customers wearing these...no mask...just the shield.........

Like this is going to protect anyone...not even themselves....

View attachment 221002

I've seen the same thing. If people do this to thumb their nose at Gov Abbott I'm cool with it. If they really think it protects them, well, I dunno what to say. I suppose if 330 million people wore only a face shield a few people would benefit but I gotta think a crocheted mask is more effective.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Thanks toddnjoyce for that link to Abbott’s order.

So everybody gets one “free pass” in the form of a verbal or written warning. Looks like I could just ignore his order until AFTER I used my ‘free pass’. After which, it would cost me $250 per shot.

And if I told the judge I wasn’t going to pay, would they then be forced to lock me up? (Where my chances of contracting COVID-19 would presumably be greatly increased).

BTW, what is the rate ($$) of “pay off” in jail time per day to pay off a fine? (Just asking for a friend...)
    I thought Abbott said no one could be locked up for violating the order. So why even pay the fine? He took away the real threat by eliminating jail time and just made it a suggestion.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Sigh.

Masks do help - no may, might, or could about it. No reasonable mask is 0% effective across a population of hundreds of millions.

If you want to get into the details, N95 and P100 filters are not 100%. You are comfortable with the verified N95 standard but N95 filters are not 100%. Therefore, N95s "may", "might", or "could" help. "May", "might", and "could" are standards you don't like, so...

We're just arguing about how effective a mask has to be before you "feel" good about wearing them. It comes down to the feels. The same feels we mock libtards for clinging to.
    Doc today pointed out that the way people are using masks they run a risk of respiratory problems. Mold will form in the masks (moisture) from repeated wearings.

How much does a bandanna help?

And what happens to those who are not elderly or have serious preexisting conditions if they do catch it?

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Every conversation I've had or read comes down to "well a mask can't hurt"
    COVID 19 is insidious. It started as this years nasty bug, then it became THE pandemic.
    Now its a Political Pandemic.
    The masks are nothing more than a Sheeple Test. How stupid are we anyway?
    This Political Pandemic will cure itself in November, unless something else that keeps the economy down better and makes Trump look even worse comes along. Until then wear your mask, Big Brother is watching and leading you around by the nose.
    But what the hell, it can't hurt.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Not sure if this is a full on rant..I dont want it taken as one..but rather observations of a person who can't figure out why some people have to be the way they are.

Do you wonder why some people just can’t wear their mask and be happy without screaming and mask shaming people for choosing not to? Some people feel a sense of authority over others , you know..like the hall monitors in school? These are the same type of people early Nazi Germany that turned in friends, neighbors and even family to the Reich.

The social influences of obedience to authority, whether the authority is moral or corrupt is very powerful. How powerful? You should read about Zimbardo’s Prison Experiment. This was a 1970s program at the Stamford Psychology Dept where they set up a mock prison and some subjects played the part of inmates and others were prison guards. The experiment was planned to last 2 weeks but had to be stopped in less than 1 week because some of the guards became so controlling in their roll in getting the prisoner participants to obey that they were using mental abuse and even physical torture.

When a Goverment issues stay and home orders or mask mandates, there will always be a certain percentage of the people who fall into line and obey without question and they in turn feel it is their job to force others to obey. This is what we are dealing with folks. We are being divided on economic levels, race relations and now with these mandates.

If they can keep us fighting ourselves, they can move their agenda forward without anyone really noticing.
    Punching these karens and kens in the tits or nuts would put a stop to that fuckery pretty quick.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2020
    Schertz
    No one,

Read post 80, the rumors you post are just that...

Hospitals aren't and haven't been overrun in Houston.

Everyone should wear a mask...fail

Prevent hospital overrun by wearing masks...fail.

You're batting a 1000...for failure.

Sorry old boy, but you seem to be singing off key lefty confusion.

Let me guess...you're a dem.
    Them’s fighting’ words!!! :)
    But seriously, I am a gun carrying NRA member.
    Not sure how I failed. Here are a couple articles.
    https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/14/texas-hospitals-coronavirus/amp/

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

cjtexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    West Texas
    Now, let me prove that people do not believe cloth masks are 0% effective. If you were forced to be exposed to an Ebola patient and given the option of a cloth mask or no mask we all know everyone who was not a nihilist would wear the cloth mask.

That’s the dumbest argument I’ve ever heard. Somebody forcing me to do that woulda been shot on the spot.

even at that rationale, what good would it do around a hemorrhagic fever stricken individual that coughed in your face and it got in your eyes?

Cmon man, don’t be dumb. I was social distancing before it was a thing. I travel for work, and I really don’t like people that much anyways. Use your head. Keep your hands out of your face, you’ll be fine, which btw is impossible to do wearing a useless mask.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    N

No. With that much time together it would be near impossible to prevent any transmission. But in a public place, with only casual contact, the mask does provide a modicum of protection.

Show me how a mask that CANNOT filter particulates the size of virus will filter out a virus. It is a physical impossibility. WHY do you think that people that work with contagious viruses wear a full body suit with a self-contained air supply. In other words they are in an ISOLATED environment. Silly lack of rational thought.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    "When a Goverment issues stay and home orders or mask mandates, there will always be a certain percentage of the people who fall into line and obey without question and they in turn feel it is their job to force others to obey."
    Well, wife called her 85yr old cousin tonite. They moved their daughter from a home in Houston (Feb) to avoid covid. Lori has it now along with 3 others in the new home. Some worker partied and got it. BTW, Lori has cerebral palsy due to birth injury, been in a wheel chair since grade school. Mom & dad been footing the bill all the way.
    So keep on partying, idiots!
    I'm out here,TGT.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Did you have to wear a mask at work in the years past during flu season? If your answer is no then that proves it right there. I know the answer because I have spoken to many nurses, doctors and two of my close friends that are both ER doctors. Masks are just now something we just absolutely have to wear to stop the transmission of a virus? It makes no sense.
    In my hospital system if you do not or can't get the flu vaccine you are required to were a mask while at work.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...Well, wife called her 85yr old cousin tonite. They moved their daughter from a home in Houston (Feb) to avoid covid. Lori has it now along with 3 others in the new home. Some worker partied and got it...

While that sucks and I hope for a successful recovery, the privately paid, high dollar, highly rated skilled nursing facility my mother was in killed her when a CNA attempted a single-person transfer despite documentation and in-room warnings that two-person transfers were required.

I’ll quote her now, “When it’s your time, the good Lord don’t care; he’s bringing you home.”

Top Bottom