• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Anybody know when Abbott will rescind his mask order? I haven’t seen any discussion of the criteria for that action to happen.

Per GA-29, “This executive order shall remain in effect and in full force until modified, amended, rescinded, or superseded by the
    governor.”

His majesty must renew the underlying disaster declaration every thirty days, which he has done so religiously. That’s annotated in the first and second preambles of the executive order.

https://open.texas.gov/uploads/file...overings-during-COVID-19-IMAGE-07-02-2020.pdf
    Military Camp

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The CDC and WHO have posted studies.
    And other credible organizations have posted studies to the contrary.

The three doctors I have met with lately all say wearing masks short of N95 medical masks is worthless.

Besides, ONCE AGAIN, this is not the black plague. The true mortality rate for the virus is no worse than the flu. Did you wear a mask every flu season?

Then there is the bigger issue of unconstitutional emergency orders.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    So this is the exact reason masks are a good idea. If more and more people have the virus, whether they are symptomatic or not, they can be spreading the virus. Any one of us could have the virus at any time and can be spreading it with every breath taken or word spoken. Wearing a mask will reduce that spread.
    Even if they prolong the spread, that will cause more deaths.

The only thing that will stop this virus is herd immunity. And the longer we take to reach that point, the longer vulnerable people are at risk. And the longer they are at risk, the more will die.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    If I have understood correctly...There is a time limit on being under a state of emergency and when that expires so does his order because that is the only way a governor can pull executive orders out of thin air.

Here’s some reading material. Mainly
    Sec. 433.003. DURATION OF STATE OF EMERGENCY

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/GV/htm/GV.433.htm
    I’m going to quote my post because I think people missed it. 72 hours...that is the duration of a state of emergency from what I’m reading from this document I pulled off TX.gov. Is there some legal loophole I’m missing?

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas

The only thing that will stop this virus is herd immunity. And the longer we take to reach that point, the longer vulnerable people are at risk. And the longer they are at risk, the more will die.
    I was in the Walgreens parking lot Saturday facing the intersection and watched an old man and his wife take a left turn on red and get plowed by two cars from traffic thaf had a green light. Both of them were wearing masks and you know that shit obstructs your vision and is a distraction. BOTH WEARING MASKS WHILE DRIVING.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Per GA-29, “This executive order shall remain in effect and in full force until modified, amended, rescinded, or superseded by the
    governor.”

His majesty must renew the underlying disaster declaration every thirty days, which he has done so religiously. That’s annotated in the first and second preambles of the executive order.

https://open.texas.gov/uploads/file...overings-during-COVID-19-IMAGE-07-02-2020.pdf
    So how does this order trump the State of Emergency guidelines I post that states duration is 72 hours? I must be reading this wrong or the Executive Order has it’s own duration written in that supercedes the state of emergency?!?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    You dumb redneck white cis male Christian right wing nut jobs! Haven't you heard? Non compliance is Baaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhd!

Flock_of_sheep.jpg

:)

Attachments

• Flock_of_sheep.jpg
      Flock_of_sheep.jpg
      892.8 KB · Views: 356

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    And I may add...what factual data do you have that proves that masks are effective at preventing the transmission of viruses? Just because someone you work for told you so does not cut it. Show us some facts that have not been grabbled by the liars that are making this virus out to be the false crisis they want it to seem to be. Did you have to wear a mask at work in the years past during flu season? If your answer is no then that proves it right there. I know the answer because I have spoken to many nurses, doctors and two of my close friends that are both ER doctors. Masks are just now something we just absolutely have to wear to stop the transmission of a virus? It makes no sense.

This is not a cogent argument. The posts flip between all viruses, SARS-CoV-2 virus, and the flu.

It's easy to prove we all believe masks are effective at preventing the transmission of viruses: none of us would expose ourselves to an unknown Ebola patient without a mask.

Now, let me prove that people do not believe cloth masks are 0% effective. If you were forced to be exposed to an Ebola patient and given the option of a cloth mask or no mask we all know everyone who was not a nihilist would wear the cloth mask.

I think what people are trying to argue is that the widely used cloth masks are not highly effective for the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which is a reasonable hypothesis. No one can seriously argue that masks don't help with viruses, as I just demonstrated.

If you want to have a discussion about all the different types of masks and their effectiveness against SARS-CoV-2, or flu, Ebola, Marberg, rhinovirus, etc then let's have that discussion.

If you want to discuss the constitutional issues with government overreach in our current situation, let's do it.

If you want to complain about Karens running wild, go for it.

If you want to discuss whether or not to take chance with COVID-19 to prove a point about government overreach, we can do that too.

Just make a reasoned, clear argument.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio

You're advocating the "controlled avalanche" approach which makes sense if there is no vaccine in sight. The point of slowing the spread was to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed while we wait for a vaccine. If a vaccine is a long ways off or never comes and the severe morbidity & mortality rates are low then the controlled avalanche seems like a better strategy - isolate all the most vulnerable and let COVID spread naturally.

With a vaccine being about six months off in the best scenario and probably longer I think the controlled avalanche approach may be the best for the country. It's not good for the inevitable victims but across the population it may be good. I'd like to know more about the current vaccine work before I commit.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    When people ask me a question they are clearly not entitled an answer to I give them a questioning look and in an amazed voice say "I didn't tell you???" The questioner assumes a blank kind of look and replies while they try to remember(I've never seen most of these folks before in my life) "Nawww???" they say. To which I reply in the most sincere voice I can muster "It must be none of your fuckin' business then!!!" The looks I get are priceless. I've yet to have anyone go flying off the handle. #1 They're a bit stunned #2 They know in their hearts I'm right!

After asking that questiion the response is always the same is like dropping a rock - it's going to fall every time. Blank look...."Nawww???"

Top Bottom