• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You're advocating the "controlled avalanche" approach which makes sense if there is no vaccine in sight. The point of slowing the spread was to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed while we wait for a vaccine. If a vaccine is a long ways off or never comes and the severe morbidity & mortality rates are low then the controlled avalanche seems like a better strategy - isolate all the most vulnerable and let COVID spread naturally.

With a vaccine being about six months off in the best scenario and probably longer I think the controlled avalanche approach may be the best for the country. It's not good for the inevitable victims but across the population it may be good. I'd like to know more about the current vaccine work before I commit.

Losing a loved one is always hard. I will not minimize personal grief in those situations.

Yet if we look realistically at the majority (granted not all) of the virus victims, if it is not the virus that gets them this year it will probably be the flu or similar.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Guys, I'd like to suggest that you have a reasonable & polite response prepared if you choose not to wear masks. Just like we immediately write-off emotional libtards, they are going to do the same thing if you come across hostile. Yeah, I know most of them don't care what you say but there is a chance that you could make a good impression on them. Other less verklempt bystanders may at least take note of your reasoned, brief, and respectful response.

Now, if they go full blown Karen and start a Facebook live with you, well, feed 'em fish.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2020
    Schertz
    Look, my new friends, wear a mask or don’t. I am not going to yell at you if I see you. I know masks can’t stop the spread. But the goal is to slow it so we don’t run out of ICU beds.
    wearing a mask is the best thing short of a complete shutdown again.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Just make a reasoned, clear argument.
    I'm looking for a reasoned, clear, but tested and scientifically verifiable/verified breakdown of the effectiveness of various mask materials. Like NIOSH lays out their testing and certification methods. Thus, we all know what an N95 does and can find where and why it's effective.

What we don't know, because if someone has in fact tested one the results haven't been validated and verified, is the effectiveness of your common-grade Karen-mask against the virus we're shutting down the world to "control." This whole mask thing to many of us is at most a feel good measure, because if being compliant means wearing literally anything as a face covering what are we really accomplishing?

It's come down to either feel good about yourself for submitting to the directive that "may" or "might" or "could" help, or be chastised for asking for verifiable information.

Look, my new friends, wear a mask or don’t. I am not going to yell at you if I see you. I know masks can’t stop the spread. But the goal is to slow it so we don’t run out of ICU beds.
    How much will I slow it down wearing a mask?

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Guys, I'd like to suggest that you have a reasonable & polite response prepared if you choose not to wear masks. Just like we immediately write-off emotional libtards, they are going to do the same thing if you come across hostile. Yeah, I know most of them don't care what you say but there is a chance that you could make a good impression on them. Other less verklempt bystanders may at least take note of your reasoned, brief, and respectful response.

Now, if they go full blown Karen and start a Facebook live with you, well, feed 'em fish.
    Your still fooling yourself and trying to fool others with those statements. Look... If logic and commons sense worked with these folks we would not be where we are today. You, of course, are free to approach this anyway you see fit - as do I.

My oldest son, from my first marriage, is 50 yo. He is/was an ardent Bernie Sanders advocate. And said no problem when the DNC submarined his candidate - again. We got into such a heated debate that I had to put my daddy foot down and force him to change the conversation. If I can't even get my own son to listen to reason and logic what chance am I going to have with total strangers? Anwser: 0 How much patience do I have with total strangers regarding this topic? Answer: Awww hell... I'll let you figure out the answer.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2020
    Schertz
    I'm looking for a reasoned, clear, but tested and scientifically verifiable/verified breakdown of the effectiveness of various mask materials. Like NIOSH lays out their testing and certification methods. Thus, we all know what an N95 does and can find where and why it's effective.

What we don't know, because if someone has in fact tested one the results haven't been validated and verified, is the effectiveness of your common-grade Karen-mask against the virus we're shutting down the world to "control." This whole mask thing to many of us is at most a feel good measure, because if being compliant means wearing literally anything as a face covering what are we really accomplishing?

It's come down to either feel good about yourself for submitting to the directive that "may" or "might" or "could" help, or be chastised for asking for verifiable information.

Maybe a little bit. But that may be all that’s neede to prevent someone from being in the hospital needing a ventilator and not having one available

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    When you willingly reply to inquires by total strangers and you comply willingly you are but another step or two from being forced to respond when the "social workers" are deployed in force. As a surprise to you I'm sure - I wear a mask in public. But if I happen to forget or leave it in the truck by accident and someone questions me about it - the response will not play on Sesame Street!

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Running out of ICU beds that could be used for people that are dying of other issues and not people that test positive for the wu flu and lay there for three days sucking on oxygen then go home. I understand that there are covid patients that truly have it and need to be in ICU. Why spread the idea that you are even close to running out of beds in ICU?

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Once again...and we are relying on these people to advise us on what to do? When does it end? Not everyone will take the vaccine. People will not lock down forever. People want to cut the bullshit and get back to a somewhat normal life instead of playing these games. It will only last so long before people start losing their shit and then starts the civil war.

02C34A8D-8084-4073-A5D0-58F337CCE1ED.jpeg

Attachments

• 02C34A8D-8084-4073-A5D0-58F337CCE1ED.jpeg
      02C34A8D-8084-4073-A5D0-58F337CCE1ED.jpeg
      103.2 KB · Views: 370

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas

0.00000000000000000000000001%

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    CEO's of three of the largest hospital groups in Houston aren't worried about running out of beds:

At a virtual press conference on Thursday, the chief executives of Houston Methodist, Memorial Hermann Health System, St. Luke’s Health, and Texas Children’s hospitals stated that their hospitals are well-prepared to handle an even greater increase in patients than that which has emerged over the past few weeks.

The number of hospitalizations are "being misinterpreted," said Houston Methodist CEO Marc Boom, "and, quite frankly, we’re concerned that there is a level of alarm in the community that is unwarranted right now."

"We do have the capacity to care for many more patients, and have lots of fluidity and ability to manage," Boom said.

He pointed out that his hospital one year ago was at 95% ICU capacity, similar to the numbers the hospital is seeing today. "It is completely normal for us to have ICU capacities that run in the 80s and 90s," he said. "That's how all hospitals operate."

He noted that around 25% of ICU patients are COVID-19-positive. But the hospital "[has] many levers in our ability to adjust our ICU," he said, claiming that the hospital capacity regularly reported by the media is "base" capacity rather than surge capacity.

Texas Children's Hospital CEO Mark Wallace added that his facility has "a lot of capacity."

"We have the ability to take care of all of the Houstonians that need a critical care environment, that need to be operated on, or acute care," Wallace said.

"There is not a scenario, in my opinion, where the demand for our beds ... would eclipse our capability," he continued. "I cannot imagine that. I just cannot."

Top Bottom