• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2020
    Schertz
    And I may add...what factual data do you have that proves that masks are effective at preventing the transmission of viruses? Just because someone you work for told you so does not cut it. Show us some facts that have not been grabbled by the liars that are making this virus out to be the false crisis they want it to seem to be. Did you have to wear a mask at work in the years past during flu season? If your answer is no then that proves it right there. I know the answer because I have spoken to many nurses, doctors and two of my close friends that are both ER doctors. Masks are just now something we just absolutely have to wear to stop the transmission of a virus? It makes no sense.
    The CDC and WHO have posted studies.
    Hurley's Gold

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    How do you think you may reply if someone just calmly asked why you’re not wearing a mask? And I am talking about public indoor places. just curious
    I have said to a person before who ask about my not wearing mask, that what were they wearing one for?
    Protection from a virus is a over 99% survival rate and it so “deadly” you have to be tested to see if you even have it?
    Last Sunday I was at Northern Tool and was approached by an employee wearing a mask and we got to talking about it. He told me he had to wear it.

I ask him to pull out his phone and open the calculator.
    I had him punch in 2 numbers...
    The number of deaths in the US (142000) and the total US Population (329,000,000)
    When the number of .04 percent was calculated by them, then I said to think about everything that was being done to us for a disease that has killed less than one half of one percent of the population and that 500,000 die each year from smoking related deaths, yet, you can still buy cigarettes...

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Unless you are wearing a N95 mask, those silly cloth masks do NOTHING. The Corona virus is from 0.5 to 2 micron in diameter. The weave opening in average cotton polyester cloth is about 600micron or so. In otherwords it is about as effective a barrier to Corona as slipping a pantyhose leg on your penis, having sex and figuring it will prevent pregnancy.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    I have said to a person before who ask about my not wearing mask, that what were they wearing one for?
    Protection from a virus is a over 99% survival rate and it so “deadly” you have to be tested to see if you even have it?
    Last Sunday I was at Northern Tool and was approached by an employee wearing a mask and we got to talking about it. He told me he had to wear it.

I ask him to pull out his phone and open the calculator.
    I had him punch in 2 numbers...
    The number of deaths in the US (142000) and the total US Population (329,000,000)
    When the number of .04 percent was calculated by them, then I said to think about everything that was being done to us for a disease that has killed less than one half of one percent of the population and that 500,000 die each year from smoking related deaths, yet, you can still buy cigarettes...
    No one is stopping women from having abortions...look at those numbers. If lives are so precious why are babies being murdered avery minute of every day and no one is stopping it?

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Unless you are wearing a N95 mask, those silly cloth masks do NOTHING. The Corona virus is from 0.5 to 2 micron in diameter. The weave opening in average cotton polyester cloth is about 600micron or so. In otherwords it is about as effective a barrier to Corona as slipping a pantyhose leg on your penis, having sex and figuring it will prevent pregnancy.
    This mask is just as effective...maybe I will try it out!

725944C9-49FD-4584-9294-8FD0FEBB1683.jpeg

Attachments

• 725944C9-49FD-4584-9294-8FD0FEBB1683.jpeg
      725944C9-49FD-4584-9294-8FD0FEBB1683.jpeg
      47.4 KB · Views: 377
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2020
    Schertz
    I’m sure you do but that is basing your experiences on trusting that these tests are accurate and that people actually have the virus. No one is saying the virus does not exist but I’m pretty sure we all realize by now that it’s been blown WAY out of porportion. I’m pretty sure most of us could get swabbed and test positive right now. My lady is on the Covid floor right now working. She sees the same thing but does that mean the virus is out of control? Nope, it just means testing more people means more cases will show up no matter if they are accurate or not.
    So this is the exact reason masks are a good idea. If more and more people have the virus, whether they are symptomatic or not, they can be spreading the virus. Any one of us could have the virus at any time and can be spreading it with every breath taken or word spoken. Wearing a mask will reduce that spread.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    So this is the exact reason masks are a good idea. If more and more people have the virus, whether they are symptomatic or not, they can be spreading the virus. Any one of us could have the virus at any time and can be spreading it with every breath taken or word spoken. Wearing a mask will reduce that spread.
    You must not have done well in medical school because this thinking makes zero sense in the wonderful world of viruses. I’m grilling you because I’m tired of being bullshitted by people that make false claims.
    Also, studies show that children have as near zero chance of contracting the virus as any age group and yet we still act like they are going to get Covid and spread it to elderly people and kill them. There are studies on this very scenario by European microbiologists and epidemiologists that prove it to be inaccurate.
    Even with the mortality rates and infection rates being grossly inflated the miniscule percentages are laughable. People die every day from all kinds of things but are we freaking out about any of that? If we we as stringent on driving, shooting guns or just going to the doctor for an annual check up as we are about this KungFlu we would be hiding from everything and not able to do anything at all because the risks would be too great.

Look up the deaths in the US from medical malpractice...it eclipses this virus. That should scare you.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I was acosted by a mask nazi at Crate and Barrel. I walked in with it tucked under my chin, as is my custom. She says, "sir, if you are going to shop at this store you must wear your mask above your nose." So I did. I ordered my wine rack, and off I went. I was there a total of 4 minutes. And I won't go back.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Anybody know when Abbott will rescind his mask order? I haven’t seen any discussion of the criteria for that action to happen.
    If I have understood correctly...There is a time limit on being under a state of emergency and when that expires so does his order because that is the only way a governor can pull executive orders out of thin air.
    Anybody know when Abbott will rescind his mask order? I haven’t seen any discussion of the criteria for that action to happen.
    Here’s some reading material. Mainly
    Sec. 433.003. DURATION OF STATE OF EMERGENCY

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/GV/htm/GV.433.htm

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I work at an urgent care clinic and I see several positive COVID tests/patients every day. This is real.
    I am not going to assail someone for not wearing a mask. but wearing a mask at best reduces the spread. At worst , you are wearing a mask.
    not trying to start a fight but I have told people who ask me personally if I wear a mask, “wearing a mask could save a life. It may be yours and it may be a little old lady at the store or in your own home.”
    And people not driving could save a life. So should we all quit driving?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom