Austin
    20230828_202857~2.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Both my little doggies are gone now, within the last 2 months. Been looking for a rescue pooch, most are too big, and when I found a bonded pair of small dogs that would be just right, the org turned us down because of our age... 71 and my wife is 81. Phugg.

Still looking. But nothing close by. Might have to pay for travel/shipping.

My daughter has a young yellow lab available, but a big dog won't work for us. Sigh.
    Try Craigs list.I got my American Bulldog that way.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    3 dogs and 3 cats. all 'rescue' strays that just showed one day. the latest dog is a yorkie who's owner died while we were watching the dog for her daughter until owner 'recovered'. she refused to take it back. was mistreated anyway. one of the other's was literally thrown over our back fence one nite as a puppy 3 years ago. oldest cat just showed up at our old house one day and never left. 8 years now. the other 2 were pathetic little kittens mewing in the strip mall dumpsters last year. you do what you can.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    The dog I got needed a good home so yes it was a rescue & absolutely free no rehoming fee no you must have him neutered. People get desperate when they have to give up their pets.

I looked on my regional Craigslist.... lotsa pooches for sale, a few available with "a small rehoming fee", whatever that is. None that met my needs. Saw a cute female Yorkie I'd like to have, but she a puppy.... prolly too much energy for old folks.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Duke is really turning into a great dog. The puppy destroy everything phase is over; still has plenty of teen-age wild jump run play going on - and this 9 month old pup has the most loving nature. He comes in to my study each morning to finish out his night sleep..which is, by his choice, protectively on the rug next to my side of the bed. :)

Just now.
    tgt222.jpg

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    We rented a house on the beach on the Yucatan, a dog came with the house. The owner of the house lived in Germany and couldn't take the dog so they left it. Anyway my wife was cooking rice to add to the canned food. The dog stayed in the house and followed us when we walked the beach. The house was two stories, in the evening the dog laid on a carpet next to the chair I was using. At night we would go upstairs and the dog stayed on the carpet. Next morning I came down and see the dog coming out of a back bedroom and laid on the carpet. I went into the bedroom and saw that the dog had been sleeping on the bed. My wife wanted to bring the dog home but we didn't. I believe the town people fed it when it was hungry. Small fishing village Celestun. What made me remember was that the dog looked like @MountainGirl dog above.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    1 week in and my new (6 month old puppy who was an outdoor dog) has now learned not to run away from me but to me, not eat shoes, how to use the doggy door, how to go to the bathroom outside, and the basics of fetch and wrestling/fighting with other dogs.
    Now to work on how to properly greet anyone who is not family near my house, and a few basic commands/tricks.

View attachment 402936
    Seems to have the couch warming trick ....down pat!! :roflfunny:

Top Bottom