• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I promised Renfield a new indoor toy for being such a good boy. Those chicoms sure are proud of those dog toys.
    IMG_1309.jpeg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Curious where the name came from, wasn't Renfield associated with Dracula?
    When the wife rescued him his name was Remi. I did not like the name but he was her dog. Remi makes me think French Canadian, or Rennie which is what the Free Shit Army at the renfest go by.

So one day she noticed him catching flies & Renfield it was. After she died I made it official when I bought him a dog tag with Renfield & my phone number

On another dog name note My American Bulldog was a rescue to. He was named Debo from the Fridays movies. Well neither of us liked or could relate to that so he became Devo after the new wave band. One evening the wife had her a good bus on & tried to say Honey BOO BOO, but it came out Bobo Pee Poo. Well Bobo was a name from my moms side of the family. I renamed my one nephew Bobo because he hated it. And the dog ended up as Bobo Pee Poo. That dog stopped more people then any dog I ever had because he really was a great looking dog. When they asked his name & I told them they all got a smile out of it.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Many folk are "re homing" great dogs....

Reach out to a local "old folks home"....many time the "admitees" have to leave good animals behind (may not have family that can take care of them??)

My PetFinder.com searches finally paid off. A miniature poodle that I had checked on 2wks ago became available and we picked her up on Sept 16.

She is an 8yr old, well trained, and a total love!

Will post pics soon.

bb

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Meet "Mango", our new lil poochie.

8yr old female miniature poodle rescued from a broken home. A professional couple that are divorcing and decided it was better to adopt the dog out than keep her crated all day while they are gone. Our fortune.

She is adapting quite well. Never needs to be crated while we are gone for doc appts or lunch. So well behaved and very loving. She spends the night cuddled up to me in bed. Loves to play with her toys and run in the yard and play fetch.... man is she fast. I gotta start getting her our for walks to make sure she is getting enough exercise.

The rescue lady has been somewhat of a pest since Saturday, texting me for updates and pics. I'm starting to wein her to shorter replys and hope she quits soon. When she asked permission to give my phone # to the former owners so they could stay in touch, I said no way. I do NOT want to open that door and have to deal with that for who knows how long.

1695242717886.jpeg

1695242767101.jpeg

1695242809018.jpeg

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Have Puppies - DFW Area But Will Travel

We are looking for loving homes for 4 puppies. About 7 weeks ago, my adult son found 5 puppies on the side of the road, obviously dumped there like garbage by some sub-human scum who should be thankful that I don’t know who he/she is. Abandoned in the middle of nowhere with no food, water or shelter. Anyway, my son took all of them home to get them past the trauma of being suddenly separated from their mom and dumped. He took them to the vet for an inspection and their first round of shots. Their next visit to the vet is due now, so within the next week or two they will be getting their final round of shots.

Now he’s ready to start adopting them out. They all look like Dobermans, but the vet says it’s possible they have some German Shepherd in them (due to the shape of their nose). We sent in a DNA sample, so we will know pretty soon about their breed makeup.

All 5 of them are females, and all are sweet and well-behaved. I’m amazed at how calm and gentle they are and they respond very well to correction.

We are looking for loving homes for 4 of them. My wife and I already have two rescue dogs, but we adopted one of them, and she is an absolute sweetheart. We’ve named her Scarlett, and we’ve already fallen in love with her (after only 2 days!). She’s a real cuddle-bug, and is very easy to care for.

If any of you want to adopt and provide a loving home for a sweet puppy dog, let me know. Or, if you know of someone that would do the same, please let them know and I can give you my contact information. Thanks in advance. We are in the Rockwall area but will drive as necessary to get these pups to a good home.

Here they were on the way to the vet a little over a month ago. (The one in back with the purple collar is the one my wife and I adopted.)

IMG_0929-XL.jpg

At the vet:

IMG_0931-XL.jpg

And here are some more recent pics.

IMG_3971-XL.jpg

IMG_3990-X2.jpg

IMG_4008-X2.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

We are looking for loving homes for 4 puppies. About 7 weeks ago, my adult son found 5 puppies on the side of the road, obviously dumped there like garbage by some sub-human scum who should be thankful that I don’t know who he/she is. Abandoned in the middle of nowhere with no food, water or shelter. Anyway, my son took all of them home to get them past the trauma of being suddenly separated from their mom and dumped. He took them to the vet for an inspection and their first round of shots. Their next visit to the vet is due now, so within the next week or two they will be getting their final round of shots.

Now he’s ready to start adopting them out. They all look like Dobermans, but the vet says it’s possible they have some German Shepherd in them (due to the shape of their nose). We sent in a DNA sample, so we will know pretty soon about their breed makeup.

All 5 of them are females, and all are sweet and well-behaved. I’m amazed at how calm and gentle they are and they respond very well to correction.

We are looking for loving homes for 4 of them. My wife and I already have two rescue dogs, but we adopted one of them, and she is an absolute sweetheart. We’ve named her Scarlett, and we’ve already fallen in love with her (after only 2 days!). She’s a real cuddle-bug, and is very easy to care for.

If any of you want to adopt and provide a loving home for a sweet puppy dog, let me know. Or, if you know of someone that would do the same, please let them know and I can give you my contact information. Thanks in advance. We are in the Rockwall area but will drive as necessary to get these pups to a good home.

Here they were on the way to the vet a little over a month ago. (The one in back with the purple collar is the one my wife and I adopted.)

IMG_0929-XL.jpg

At the vet:

IMG_0931-XL.jpg

IMG_3971-XL.jpg

IMG_3990-X2.jpg

IMG_4008-X2.jpg
    The world is a better place as long as folks like your son & y'all exist.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015

IMG_0929-XL.jpg

At the vet:

IMG_0931-XL.jpg

IMG_3971-XL.jpg

IMG_3990-X2.jpg

IMG_4008-X2.jpg

Update on this: Two (2) of them are still available for adoption. My wife & I adopted one. Our middle son and his wife decided to adopt one, and our youngest son (the one who rescued them) has decided to keep one because she stole his heart and has really bonded to his other rescue dog.

We did a DNA test and the results came back yesterday. They are 50/50 Doberman and German Shepherd. They are sweet puppies with lots of energy.

If you know anyone that might be interested, please let me know.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas

IMG_0929-XL.jpg

At the vet:

IMG_0931-XL.jpg

IMG_3971-XL.jpg

IMG_3990-X2.jpg

IMG_4008-X2.jpg
    These are gonna be some good dogs they look to have Shepherd and or Labrador traits as well.

Top Bottom