• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Nope. It allows the TABC to cancel a license after notice and hearing if a permittee knowingly allowed possession... with a few exceptions.

One of those exceptions is that the person has a CHL and is carrying a covered handgun. That doesn't require anything like their statement.

Almost worth it.

Don't be a jackass.

If you would have actually read what was covered in my posts, you would see that your personal attack is unfounded. All of your comments were already covered! Look in the mirror-there is the jackass!

Your apology is accepted. Don't let it happen again!
    Hurley's Gold

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    If you would have actually read what was covered in my posts, you would see that your personal attack is unfounded. All of your comments were already covered! Look in the mirror-there is the jackass!

Your apology is accepted. Don't let it happen again!

Yep, you are definitely a jackass. Carry on, kiddo.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    This morning, I was reading about an increase in assaults in/on Target property. Gun free zones attract thugs like flies on a turd!

Flash

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    This morning, I was reading about an increase in assaults in/on Target property. Gun free zones attract thugs like flies on a turd!

Flash

While I agree with the notion that gun free zones are criminal magnets, it's a pretty big stretch to try and link these crimes to Targets new policy of abiding by local laws on the matter.

In my AO OC at the various targets and other merchants is a super low percentage event (I have a better chance of winning the lotto numerous times in a row; low) so their policy announcement changes nothing.

ChrisX

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Geez no I'm not kidding! You conveniently left out all the facts there Mr. X which I'll post:
    • Of the 5,331 known offenders, 54.6 percent were white and 23.3 percent were black.
    So it appears over twice as many Whites are charged with hate crimes as Blacks yet, as I posted, the Knock-out game which is virtually 100% motivated by hatred for the other race is almost solely a Black thing. here are some more facts for ya from the same website:

Are you serious? You can have your own ignorant opinions but you can't have your own facts. First you say when was the last time "a Black" (how awkward is that?) was charged with a hate crime. So I showed you, they're charged with hate crimes A LOT. Now you're whining about how twice as many whites are being convicted of hate crimes but you somehow fail to recognize that whites make up about 70% of the population while blacks make up about 12%. So ACTUALLY while it unfortunately doesn't quite fit into your neat conspiracy against the straight white conservative Christian , per capita blacks commit twice as many hate crimes as blacks.

Massa Sapper, I'm not a liberal but I am a free thinking American who doesn't buy into rhetoric, especially racial rhetoric, without finding out the facts. The name calling is so quaint though.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    There has been 2 attacks/robberies in Target parking lot's in Georgia since Target made this request. Criminals love gun free criminal safe zones.

Man Robbed in Target Parking Lot by 3 Armed Suspects Days After Retailer Announces New Gun Policy

Woman in Target Parking Lot is Viciously Beaten and Her Car Stolen 3 Days After Retailer Announces Gun Policy

I'd love to see legislation that conveys strict liability to owners/leasees for any sort of assault on their property if they try to prohibit firearms or other weapons except where required by law.

centexshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Hays County
    I visited Target in Kyle, Texas this evening because I refuse to shop at WallyWorld and I needed a coffee pot. There was a completely unenforceable, half-assed version of a 30.06 sign on the door. I proceeded with my purchase as if it didn't exist. It tells me Target is only attempting to placate the sheep and has no real interested in keeping out legal CHL holders. I understand their dilemma and until I see a sincere interest in having a totally disarmed customer base, I will continue to shop there. Blaze away. I am a businessman and understand what they are up against. Let's put our emotions on hold and consider what American businesses have to put up with in order to do business in our "PC", progressive society.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I visited Target in Kyle, Texas this evening because I refuse to shop at WallyWorld and I needed a coffee pot. There was a completely unenforceable, half-assed version of a 30.06 sign on the door. I proceeded with my purchase as if it didn't exist. It tells me Target is only attempting to placate the sheep and has no real interested in keeping out legal CHL holders. I understand their dilemma and until I see a sincere interest in having a totally disarmed customer base, I will continue to shop there. Blaze away. I am a businessman and understand what they are up against. Let's put our emotions on hold and consider what American businesses have to put up with in order to do business in our "PC", progressive society.

Would be interested to hear more about the half assed sign, and weather other stores in the region share the same sign. I never really shopped much at Target anyway, so I have nothing to compare it to.

centexshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Hays County
    Would be interested to hear more about the half assed sign, and weather other stores in the region share the same sign. I never really shopped much at Target anyway, so I have nothing to compare it to.

I probably didn't accurately describe it. It was actually worded more like the "blue" sign at a restaurant that serves wine or at a liquor store. It had small white letters on a red background and was way smaller than legally required. Perhaps they sell beer and wine in their grocery department. I didn't bother to check that. All I wanted was a coffee pot and there was nothing posted to prohibit me from legally CCing.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I probably didn't accurately describe it. It was actually worded more like the "blue" sign at a restaurant that serves wine or at a liquor store. It had small white letters on a red background and was way smaller than legally required. Perhaps they sell beer and wine in their grocery department. I didn't bother to check that. All I wanted was a coffee pot and there was nothing posted to prohibit me from legally CCing.

Makes more sense. Last time I was in target I looked at their pathetic beer selection, so TABC signs would be understandable. I guess so would a gunbuster sign. I was more interested if it were any attempt to look like a 30.06 sign. The other stuff have probably been there for a while.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    ...until I see a sincere interest in having a totally disarmed customer base, I will continue to shop there. Blaze away. I am a businessman and understand what they are up against. Let's put our emotions on hold and consider what American businesses have to put up with in order to do business in our "PC", progressive society.

No, thanks. Too many other stores out there that respect the rights and safety of their customers. That sign you saw on the front door might as well be a welcome mat for criminals.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    So was it the blue TABC sign that Texas law requires them to post because they sell alcohol for off premise consumption?

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    I've posted the statute in this thread, but just to restate for those that don't read this entire thread: ANY retailer that sells alcohol (even just beer & wine - like Target) is in breech of their TABC license to sell alcohol if they knowingly allow a firearm into the building. CHL is specifically excluded from this statute. The business will lose their TABC license if they allow open-carry in their building.

For all the details - just scroll back.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    No, thanks. Too many other stores out there that respect the rights and safety of their customers. That sign you saw on the front door might as well be a welcome mat for criminals.
    It sounds to me like it was the blue TABC sign, which Target is required by law to post and which does not restrict CHL holders. Perhaps we should verify this before accusing Target of not respecting our rights.

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    It sounds to me like it was the blue TABC sign, which Target is required by law to post and which does not restrict CHL holders. Perhaps we should verify this before accusing Target of not respecting our rights.

This!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom