• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    Spring, TX
    BREAKING: Target "Respectfully Requests" Customers Leave Guns at Home | The Truth About Guns

As you’ve likely seen in the media, there has been a debate about whether guests in communities that permit “open carry” should be allowed to bring firearms into Target stores. Our approach has always been to follow local laws, and of course, we will continue to do so. But starting today we will also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target – even in communities where it is permitted by law.

Will they also post 30.06 signs or what?
    Lynx Defense

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    OCT working hard on permanently slamming that door closed lol

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    "Respectfully request" placates to the anti's while it should not offend the respectful carrier. Rise above it, shut your pie hole, conceal it, and carry on. Simple enough.

tx_transplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Greenville, TX
    This, boys and girls, is what happens when a private business gets caught in the middle of 2 opposing forces trying to use them as leverage. As when Starbucks and Chipotle came out and said that they wanted no more open carry "protests", I have no problem with it. They all just want to sell their stuff and make money, not get tangled up in political issues.
    Should these businesses that are being targeted (no pun intended) start posting signage, there is nobody to blame other than groups like OCT. Just my $.02.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    My guess is that they'll post signs prohibiting the OPEN carry of guns...to ban CONCEALED carry would take 30.06 signs, and I think they'd suffer finalcially for that decision.

I'm sure that they have a lot of lawyers talking this one over with the financial guys.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    It's kind of a nice appeasement move. Gun laws vary by state so Target has a nice mea culpa if MDA complaints about the lack of signage or other legally binding gun bans. "We're not in the business of enforcing local laws" or words to that effect.

Requesting is not the same thing as outright banning, but it does give them grounds to immediately eject any open carriers in the future without any warning "Our store policy is no guns."

Still sucks though. It's a step backwards even if it isn't an outright ban. I much prefer the policy of "We respect local laws".

Seriously, how many businesses is OCT going to turn anti-gun before they figure out this tactic is working against us?

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    This, boys and girls, is what happens when a private business gets caught in the middle of 2 opposing forces trying to use them as leverage. As when Starbucks and Chipotle came out and said that they wanted no more open carry "protests", I have no problem with it. They all just want to sell their stuff and make money, not get tangled up in political issues.
    Should these businesses that are being targeted (no pun intended) start posting signage, there is nobody to blame other than groups like OCT. Just my $.02.

Yea, OTC and like minded demonstrators are the cause of this. Surely they realize the damage they are doing? Bloomberg and company stay up nights looking for ways to discredit gun owners, OTC has given them so much help it's unbelievable.

But I digress, the OTC thing has been hashed to death. So, my response is I'll never set foot in Target again. Other gun owners should do the same.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

Or perhaps they realize the left has already claimed victory and moved on and will miss any follow up announcements.

I'd like to say that they realize the request can be ignored by law abiding citizens just like the legal no gun signs can be ignored by criminals, but who am I kidding. It's not like Target really caters to the 2A crowd. No sporting goods to speak of. No guns/ammo/supplies. I'm actually surprised they didn't take a stronger stand.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    And again, OCT and those that pretend to be OCT members or just idiots again give the anti's ammo, let's see now, most of the media, a few well known corporate names, Hmmm, what does the general public think of gun owners?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Gun owners are like...........
    giphy.gif

Last edited:

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Yea, OTC and like minded demonstrators are the cause of this. Surely they realize the damage they are doing? Bloomberg and company stay up nights looking for ways to discredit gun owners, OTC has given them so much help it's unbelievable.

But I digress, the OTC thing has been hashed to death. So, my response is I'll never set foot in Target again. Other gun owners should do the same.
    Bullshit. Just like chipotle or Whataburger, they say it is policy, they "request" guns be left out, but they don't do a damn thing about it. neither Chipotle nor Whataburger posted any kind of no gun sign (30.06 or at least a "gunbusters" d
    sign) in response to the long gun OC folks. In VA I have open carried a handgun literally a week after this shit hit. Nothing. Whataburger, i go there often, at different locations. I have yet to see a no guns sign, much less a 30.06. In addition to that, my friend in Alabama, (handgun) open carries every day for his job and eats at Whataburger often. He has yet to hear of such a complaint.

Long story short, I firmly believe that target, like other businesses, will come out as anti-gun to appease the liberals, without actually doing anything about it

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Bullshit. Just like chipotle or Whataburger, they say it is policy, they "request" guns be left out, but they don't do a damn thing about it. neither Chipotle nor Whataburger posted any kind of no gun sign (30.06 or at least a "gunbusters" d
    sign) in response to the long gun OC folks. In VA I have open carried a handgun literally a week after this shit hit. Nothing. Whataburger, i go there often, at different locations. I have yet to see a no guns sign, much less a 30.06. In addition to that, my friend in Alabama, (handgun) open carries every day for his job and eats at Whataburger often. He has yet to hear of such a complaint.

Long story short, I firmly believe that target, like other businesses, will come out as anti-gun to appease the liberals, without actually doing anything about it

What thry actually want is for a holes to stop using Target (and other stores) for their attention whoring.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    Spring, TX
    Last edited:

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Number of times I've been in Target in the last year: 0
    Number of times I plan to go there in the next year: 0
    Amount of caring I have about Target's policy: 0

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    It's kind of a nice appeasement move. Gun laws vary by state so Target has a nice mea culpa if MDA complaints about the lack of signage or other legally binding gun bans. "We're not in the business of enforcing local laws" or words to that effect.

Requesting is not the same thing as outright banning, but it does give them grounds to immediately eject any open carriers in the future without any warning "Our store policy is no guns."

Still sucks though. It's a step backwards even if it isn't an outright ban. I much prefer the policy of "We respect local laws".

Seriously, how many businesses is OCT going to turn anti-gun before they figure out this tactic is working against us?

As many as they are paid to. They're either grade A morons or on the take from other parties. I usually go with moron, but no one keeps doing this mush stupid this frequently.

Top Bottom