• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    No, I didn't. It appears to me that Target is bending over backwards to try and accommodate gun owners. The least we can do is to let them.

Maybe Target should have stated: "as much as we would like to welcome the open carry of long guns in our Texas stores, our TABC license does not allow us to welcome OCT to our locations".

Maybe that would stop the butthurt toward Target!

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    No, I didn't. It appears to me that Target is bending over backwards to try and accommodate gun owners.

You must be a graduate of the George Orwell School of Doublespeak. "Leave your guns out of our stores" is really your idea of bending over backwards to try and accommodate gun owners?

This whole "Read between the lines" theory that Target really doesn't care about guns is wishful thinking/denial. They want you to leave your guns out of their stores. That's why they said so. Shop there all you want, but don't try to convince me of this ridiculous theory that Target is really coming at us sideways with some sort of pro-gun attitude when it should be plainly obvious they are not friends of gun owners.

They picked a side and we weren't on it. Now why should we continue to give them our money when they have plenty of competition that has remained neutral? What other organizations which condemn my principles should I continue to needlessly support?

Last edited:

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    You must be a graduate of the George Orwell School of Doublespeak. "Leave your guns out of our stores" is really your idea of bending over backwards to try and accommodate gun owners?

This whole "Read between the lines" theory that Target really doesn't care about guns is wishful thinking/denial. They want you to leave your guns out of their stores. That's why they said so. Shop there all you want, but don't try to convince me of this ridiculous theory that Target is really coming at us sideways with some sort of pro-gun attitude when it should be plainly obvious they are not friends of gun owners.

They picked a side and we weren't on it. Now why should we continue to give them our money when they have plenty of competition that has remained neutral? What other organizations which condemn my principles should I continue to needlessly support?

Do you understand that Target will lose its TABC license if they allow open carry in their stores?

Given that fact, what would you have them do?

Last edited:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Do you understand that Target will lose its TABC license if they allow open carry in their stores?

Given that fact, what would you have them do?

Which fails to explain why their new gun policy effects every store in the country and not just Texas, as well as the fact they do not want CC, either....

They are anti-gun. Believe it or not.

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Which fails to explain why their new gun policy effects every store in the country and not just Texas, as well as the fact they do not want CC, either....

They are anti-gun. Believe it or not.

Can't argue with such ideology!

ETA: you never answered the question of, given their TABC license, what would you have Target do?

Last edited:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Can't argue with such ideology!

ETA: you never answered the question of, given their TABC license, what would you have Target do?

Your idea works in post 142 works.

Now you can answer my question: Again, why should we continue to give them our money when they have plenty of competition that has remained neutral? What other organizations which condemn my principles should I continue to needlessly support?

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Your idea works in post 142 works.

Now you can answer my question: Again, why should we continue to give them our money when they have plenty of competition that has remained neutral? What other organizations which condemn my principles should I continue to needlessly support?

I can't answer your question because I don't know what organizations you support.

I also can't argue with OCT ideologues, since their minds are already closed!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm failing to understand why it's such a big deal to NOT shop at Target.

They don't sell ammo, and I can get stuff made just as crappy at Walmart for less, and they at least try to have ammo.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I'm failing to understand why it's such a big deal to NOT shop at Target.

They don't sell ammo, and I can get stuff made just as crappy at Walmart for less, and they at least try to have ammo.

I'm in the same boat as you. We must be idealogues whose minds are already closed.

It's hard for me to imagine any person who claims to be pro-gun, yet willingly gives their money to an anti-gun corporation, especially when there is not a single compelling reason to do so. These sunshine patriots talk a big game about liberty, but when it comes down to brass tacks they'll trade it all for the ability to go shopping somewhere they find convenient. Our forefathers risked and sometimes lost everything. The newer generations aren't even man enough to abstain from shopping.

The inability of gun owners to band together and tell these corporations to **** off is a disturbing sign of weakness and lack of integrity in our culture. If we don't stand up to these people now then expect to get crushed under a giant snowball of more of these policies in the future.

Last edited:

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    That was two questions, actually. You conveniently ignored the first.

You are too much of an ideologue to have a reasonable discussion. Your post 152 makes that clear. More power to you and your ideology!

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I havent (and won't) read the whole thread. Are any Target stores marked 30 06?

Does Target donate to anti-gun groups?

Trying to determine if they are truly anti gun or just dont want their yoga pants wearing, Starbucks drinking, SUV driving middle aged moms scared.

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    I havent (and won't) read the whole thread. Are any Target stores marked 30 06?

Does Target donate to anti-gun groups?

Trying to determine if they are truly anti gun or just dont want their yoga pants wearing, Starbucks drinking, SUV driving middle aged moms scared.

I'm not aware of any Target 30.06ing their entrances.

No idea if they donate to anti-gun groups. It's a public company, so I suppose you could find the answer with enough digging.

Interestingly enough, as well as kicking out OCT protesters, Target has kicked MDA protesters off their property.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    Seriously though, why would anybody shop at Target anyway? It's just like Wal-Mart but with slightly fewer barefoot customers.

Last edited:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Seriously though, why would anybody shop at Target anyway? It's just like Wal-Mart but with slightly fewer barefoot customers.

They had some fun stuff in their dollar section and they were convenient to shop at when I was in a rush and couldn't risk spending `15+ minutes in line at Wal-Mart because their brain-dead cashiers were having trouble processing Lonestar Cards again.

The way society is heading I'm seriously looking into just growing my own food as much as possible.

Top Bottom