• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I gave you examples, links and made analogies, none of which you get. Until you get a better understanding of the laws passed by Congress granting special privileges to certain classes of citizens, you have no earthly idea what you are talking about.

You trying to be like Austin:

From the dictionary:

special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people: education is a right, not a privilege | he has been accustomed all his life to wealth and privilege.

The 2 of you put together could not pour pizz out of a boot with the directions written on the heel...

I don't think you understand what rights are, or where they come from.

Again, they DO NOT come from the government. If you truly feel that the government is where you get your rights you would also agree that government has the authority to remove them. And that is pure bullshit.

Insults are for children, grow up.

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Just to clear up misconceptions of some, please see below.

SUBCHAPTER C. CANCELLATION AND SUSPENSION OF PERMITS
    Sec. 11.61. CANCELLATION OR SUSPENSION OF PERMIT.

(e) Except as provided by Subsection (f) or (i), the commission or administrator shall cancel an original or renewal permit if it is found, after notice and hearing, that the permittee knowingly allowed Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code (2012) 34 a person to possess a firearm in a building on the licensed premises. This subsection does not apply to a person:
    (1) who holds a security officer commission issued under Chapter 1702, Occupations Code, if:
    (A) the person is engaged in the performance of the person’s duties as a security officer;
    (B) the person is wearing a distinctive uniform; and
    (C) the weapon is in plain view;
    (2) who is a peace officer;
    (3) who is a permittee or an employee of a permittee if the person is supervising the operation of the premises; or
    (4) who possesses a concealed handgun of the same category the person is licensed to carry under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, unless the person is on the premises of a business described by Section 46.035(b)(1), Penal Code.

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Just to clear up misconceptions of some, please see below.

SUBCHAPTER C. CANCELLATION AND SUSPENSION OF PERMITS
    Sec. 11.61. CANCELLATION OR SUSPENSION OF PERMIT.

(e) Except as provided by Subsection (f) or (i), the commission or administrator shall cancel an original or renewal permit if it is found, after notice and hearing, that the permittee knowingly allowed Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code (2012) 34 a person to possess a firearm in a building on the licensed premises. This subsection does not apply to a person:
    (1) who holds a security officer commission issued under Chapter 1702, Occupations Code, if:
    (A) the person is engaged in the performance of the person’s duties as a security officer;
    (B) the person is wearing a distinctive uniform; and
    (C) the weapon is in plain view;
    (2) who is a peace officer;
    (3) who is a permittee or an employee of a permittee if the person is supervising the operation of the premises; or
    (4) who possesses a concealed handgun of the same category the person is licensed to carry under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, unless the person is on the premises of a business described by Section 46.035(b)(1), Penal Code.

What do you think you cleared up?

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    What do you think you cleared up?

The confusion by some on here with my statement that Target will lose their TABC license if they allow OC in their Texas stores. Another poster contended my statement was incorrect. The above "cut & paste" is directly from TABC statute.

Read the past entries!

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    The confusion by some on here with my statement that Target will lose their TABC license if they allow OC in their Texas stores. Another poster contended my statement was incorrect. The above "cut & paste" is directly from TABC statute.

Read the past entries!

You referenced the wrong law. Search "smashburger" for more.

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Fine, then you referenced it wrong. It specifically disallows open carry of long guns like OCT is doing.

THATS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING!!!!!

My original statement was that Target had no choice but to take the stance that they did on OCT actions in their stores based on the TABC license

If you had actually read my posts you would have saved yourself a lot of confusion! Geeez!

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    THATS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING!!!!!

My original statement was that Target had no choice but to take the stance that they did on OCT actions in their stores based on the TABC license

If you had actually read my posts you would have saved yourself a lot of confusion! Geeez!

Good score.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    In politics and in the shooting sports, we work with cause and effect relationships. When we do something that brings a positive result, we need to do more of that. When we do something that ends with a NEGATIVE result, we need to STOP doing that! The OC boys haven't figured that out, yet.

If your actions result in slamming your peter in the door, then STOP doing those things! Continuing on the same path and heaping negative feedback from the public onto our cause is just nuts! Try a plan out and if it results in no gain or worse, a thrashing from the media, then quit doing that!

How can you garner positive results? Take kids and their parents to a range day. Teach the kids safely, show the parents something positive and TA-DA.........positive results! Set up at fairs and community gatherings, display the firearms, teach all about them and why OC is desirable, and advance your cause, once again.

Flash

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    In politics and in the shooting sports, we work with cause and effect relationships. When we do something that brings a positive result, we need to do more of that. When we do something that ends with a NEGATIVE result, we need to STOP doing that! The OC boys haven't figured that out, yet.

If your actions result in slamming your peter in the door, then STOP doing those things! Continuing on the same path and heaping negative feedback from the public onto our cause is just nuts! Try a plan out and if it results in no gain or worse, a thrashing from the media, then quit doing that!

How can you garner positive results? Take kids and their parents to a range day. Teach the kids safely, show the parents something positive and TA-DA.........positive results! Set up at fairs and community gatherings, display the firearms, teach all about them and why OC is desirable, and advance your cause, once again.

Flash

Exactly! My Dad had a saying that kind of relates; "You can talk people out of more money than you can beat out of them!"

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    It just occurred to me that there are some Target stores I wouldn't go into unarmed. :green:

I won't go into any Target store unarmed.

Completely their choice if I shop there. Same goes for any other retail establishment.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Name them.
    Not a "Right" in the strict sense of the word but Gays and minorities definitely have more "protections" than Straight White Christian Conservatives. When was the last time a Black was charged with a Hate crime? The victims of the Knock-out game are overwhelmingly White yet to date the only perpetrator of that crime charged with a Hate crime has been White. The Christian owners of the bakery that refused to bake a wedding cake will suffer the full weight of an oppressive politically correct government should they refuse. No Progressive organizations were targeted by the IRS. So yes, in the strict sense of the word Gays, et al have no more constitutionally iterated "Rights" than anyone else, but in reality you'd have to be wilfully blind to not admit they get more "protections".

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    So yes, in the strict sense of the word Gays, et al have no more constitutionally iterated "Rights" than anyone else, but in reality you'd have to be wilfully blind to not admit they get more "protections".
    While you are generally correct about "protections", protections was not the statement I repiled to, rights was.

There are lots of examples of unequal treatment under the law. How about the rich white kids that skate on their DUI or drug bust because daddy is rich and has pull? It can, but doesn't always, cut both ways.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sakorey
    Top Bottom