• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

proforguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Pipe Creek
    I know this thread is about Perry but can someone please explain why Ron Paul is unelectable.I thought there was no chance in hell Obama was going to get into office but he did.If so many of us like Ron than why do we put up with each other or the media telling us hes unelectable .Just to flat out give up because you cant win is some weenie, dont keep score, crybaby, everybody's a winner shit. Vote for who you think is best not who you think will win. Watch this Im not the only one thinking people are not being aware of the possibilities .[video]http://youtu.be/3EY5Ofcxjs0[/video]

mrcharlie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    houston
    LOL, and Perry isn't a fame-hungry idiot, too? O_o
    Perry hasn't gone the route of morning shows and reality t.v. He is very modest and humble in comparison. He has also served full terms in his elected office. I don't care for either one very much, but of the two Palin is an absolute media whore with no legitimate substance.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    #1 I don't like it... I'd rather risk a "bad" judge getting appointed in exchange for having "good" one for a long time. If you want to fix their accountability to the people, do away with their personal protection services I know it sounds brutal, but I'd like to see tarring and feathering make a come back.

#2 Uh, this is already in place. Congress can make an amendment to clarify or change the constitution.

#3 I think I'd rather see an amendment that institutes a flat tax and sets the maximum the gov can make it. We also need to address business taxes in some way too, as I feel these are the real economy killers.

#4 and #5 sound good to me

#6 and #7; this illustrates how Perry is a big government statist... So we want the federal government more involved in our lives? I say hell no! These issues need to stay in the hands of the states.

Patrón

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    San Antonio
    If you are anti Perry, you should visit other states. Moved here from Illinois and all the "gun" population would love to have him for a govorner. Texas has way less laws, taxes, and goverment intrusion. If you have been here for most of your life, maybe you don't see it as a person that just moved here but Texas and Texans have it made. Out side of here there are states that control your very breath and gives away your money to others by the means of huge taxes. God Bless Texas and we could do a whole lot worse then Perry. By the way I haven't made up my mind but I have a couple ideal tickets, just have to see if my picks come true.
    1) I love your post and thank you for it. It seems that 95% of non-Texans love to hate it. I don't know why there is so much hate towards Texas.
    2) I love your sig and thank you for your service.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    If I thought she could get into office, I'd take Palin over Perry in a second.

Seriously? I like her, but I'd never want her to be the President of this country!

I also don't understand this hatred towards Perry. Overall, he's done well in his eleven years as governor and he is the only presidential candidate with a plan. Michelle Bachmann is becoming more like Palin, all cheerleading and no substance. So far I have liked Herman Cain but honestly I don't know that much about him. He may have tied himself too closely to the Tea Party movement to be a contender (I think that wave of emotion has crested) but I do like his idea of a "non-federally subsidized efficient economic stimulus." I also like that he believes that any concealed carry law must be dealt with at the state level.

However, I honestly don't think he'll pull the black vote like Obama did; he's not offering them huge "social programs" (e.g. free handouts). He might be a good vice presidential contender though...

Cheers! M2

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Seriously? I like her, but I'd never want her to be the President of this country!

I also don't understand this hatred towards Perry. Overall, he's done well in his eleven years as governor and he is the only presidential candidate with a plan. Michelle Bachmann is becoming more like Palin, all cheerleading and no substance. So far I have liked Herman Cain but honestly I don't know that much about him. He may have tied himself too closely to the Tea Party movement to be a contender (I think that wave of emotion has crested) but I do like his idea of a "non-federally subsidized efficient economic stimulus." I also like that he believes that any concealed carry law must be dealt with at the state level.

However, I honestly don't think he'll pull the black vote like Obama did; he's not offering them huge "social programs" (e.g. free handouts). He might be a good vice presidential contender though...

Cheers! M2

On Perry:

1: He's a panderer. "I'm going to send the Rangers to the border and they're going to round up every illegal along the way and punt them back across the Rio!" Yeah, sure...

2: Trans Texas Corridor thingy... Let's steal land from people, spend taxpayer money to build a toll road, and then give it to a private company! I have huge issues with eminent domain being used for projects that wind up under private or corporate control.

3: HPV immunization crap.

He's done alright, mostly because of the pandering thing. But I really think we could do a lot better. I was very excited last election and wanted to see Medina in office till she shot herself in the foot on Glenn Beck's show (heard that one live).

Cain is just another statist pretending to be Tea Party (like Bachmann and West). He's very friendly with the Federal Reserve and was actually chairman of a Federal Reserve Bank.

Also, his web page when he was just starting out said something about wanting to "do God's will from the Oval Office". Scary.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Everybody dreaming of a constitutionalist, entitlement revoking, IRS dissolving, 100% pro gun everything, badass president is simply pissing in the wind. There is no way in hell somebody like that will ever be elected again in this country in spite of what the people in our little corner of the world might want.

Politics are big business. Rick Perry knows how to play the game. He's certainly better than any liberal Democrat wanting the job. Everybody saying "Rick Perry did this" and "Rick Perry did that" seem to be forgetting that no leader does anything in this country without being backed by whatever governing body he leads. Is he perfect? Hell No. Is anybody ever going to be? Hell No.

If any of you were elected president, I assure you that you'd be holding your nose and saying OK to a ton of things you might not like within weeks of taking office. Holy crap gentlemen... that's how this stuff works. There is not - and never has been - this little perfect world many here are dreaming of.

We can either pull our collective heads out of our asses and support whatever Republican candidate is picked, or bitch about 4 more years of Brobama because we voted for some splinter nut that had no chance.

Not really rocket science.

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Everybody dreaming of a constitutionalist, entitlement revoking, IRS dissolving, 100% pro gun everything, badass president is simply pissing in the wind. There is no way in hell somebody like that will ever be elected again

When the hell did we ever have a POTUS that fit that description? Wasn't in my era...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, it's about the same as accusing a politician of being a "panderer"...I challenge anyone to show me one who isn't!
    And before someone jumps up and down and screams "Ron Paul," spare us! Anyone who thinks he has a chance of getting elected is just:deadhorse:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom