• Status
    Not open for further replies.

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Either way, it's bad info. There is absolutely no distinction in the law as to what monetary value of the items being stolen must be reached to the use of lethal force. I'll save you the time, in Texas it will most likely result in a 'No Bill' from the Grand Jury. If you can find a current example of case law that showed otherwise, I'd be interested in seeing it but I think you'd be hard pressed to find one.

Still, I'm impressed that you can clearly distinguish between some kids simply stealing junk food and others with more nefarious intentions. Sounds like something from Minority Report!

Did you watch the video? The one I saw showed a bunch of teens ganking snacks in a convienience store while smiling and whatnot. Are you implying that if such an event were to take place and you happened to be in that store at the time, you would peel ol' roscoe and go to work? For one, its not your store, two, those kids werent posing any immidiate bodily harm. Im not saying those punk ass teens were right in what they were doing, what I will say is that for somone to actually believe that such a thing warrants a death sentence, or that they would go about shooting, makes me wonder about some of you. I would certainly leave the store and call 5-0, but unless one of them decided to cross the line with me, roscoe would stay holstered, and I would just leave. Ill work on finding out where I got that $2,500 number from, but I will say that it is certain that you will spend alot more than that for legal defense if you just go around capping kids for lifting "Ho-Ho's".
    Texas SOT

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Did you watch the video? The one I saw showed a bunch of teens ganking snacks in a convienience store while smiling and whatnot. Are you implying that if such an event were to take place and you happened to be in that store at the time, you would peel ol' roscoe and go to work? For one, its not your store, two, those kids werent posing any immidiate bodily harm. Im not saying those punk ass teens were right in what they were doing, what I will say is that for somone to actually believe that such a thing warrants a death sentence, or that they would go about shooting, makes me wonder about some of you. I would certainly leave the store and call 5-0, but unless one of them decided to cross the line with me, roscoe would stay holstered, and I would just leave. Ill work on finding out where I got that $2,500 number from, but I will say that it is certain that you will spend alot more than that for legal defense if you just go around capping kids for lifting "Ho-Ho's".

Seriously? You're schooling us on the use of lethal force?

Tell you what, when you get your facts straight on when it is applicable, and quit throwing out bad information like the $2,500 number; I'll start listening.

In the mean time I would suggest you get out the Texas Penal Code and do some thorough reading before you consider yourself an "expert" on it...

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Seriously? You're schooling us on the use of lethal force?

Tell you what, when you get your facts straight on when it is applicable, and quit throwing out bad information like the $2,500 number; I'll start listening.

In the mean time I would suggest you get out the Texas Penal Code and do some thorough reading before you consider yourself an "expert" on it...

I don't rightly give a shit what you think or listen to, do what you want, just don't drop the soap. ;)

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Id read chapter 9 of the penal code again guys before you get all trigger happy on flash mobs like the ones in the videos, all I saw in the video were a bunch of non-violent people pocketing junkfood. Law states that deadly force is only legal if the theft in daylight exceeds $2,500 in value, but no value is stated for theft at night.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Hey look max, your future cell mate! ^^

Seriously, you guys would really start blasting if you were in that store when that mob came in? Smiling teens pulling a prank, and you'd start droppin em?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I don't rightly give a shit what you think or listen to, do what you want, just don't drop the soap. ;)

Wow, do you have these homosexual fantasies all of the time? That might be the root of your problem, denial.

Hey look max, your future cell mate! ^^

Seriously, you guys would really start blasting if you were in that store when that mob came in? Smiling teens pulling a prank, and you'd start droppin em?

Again, you're the one that doesn't seem to be able to read the Texas Penal Code. It's been posted several times, and instead of posting wrong information about some monetary requirement before lethal force could be used, and insulting people that correct you when you post such bullshit; maybe instead you ought to go educate yourself instead of lecturing others.

But the bottom line is that if someone where to shoot looters, most likely they'd be given a 'no bill' by a Grand Jury in Texas. It's allowed under the law and maybe if you bothered to read it you'd know...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    2781585951_b853e59eae.jpg

IBTL

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Dang max, I don't remember making any reference regarding anything sexual in nature whatsoever, if I'm reading that right, it appears that YOU made that association. So you might want to up the dosage buddy.

Now, regarding the statement I made about the $2500 thing, for one I believe I disqualified my own statement by admitting that I was unable to provide a source and said I would try to find where I heard that or not.
    However, since we have some of the best and brightest legal minds flaming me for repeating something I heard, maybe you can use that big legal brains of yours to explain why the author of 9.42 saw it necessary to specify "theft during the nighttime" and "criminal mischief during the nighttime". If I am wrong, which I'm more than willing to accept, and it has nothing to do with monetary value, then whats the difference? Why specify nighttime? Whats the significance? If I'm understanding what you all are saying, night or day doesn't make a shit, if someones jacking something in your presence, then you will, and without hesitation dispatch them with extreme prejudice...

Lastly, isn't it reasonable to believe that the "shoot, don't shoot" scenario goes further than what the law says, what I mean is, isn't not always whether or not you CAN, but doesn't the thought of whether or not you SHOULD ever come into play? I'm sure you COULD do all kinds of shit as far as the law is concerned, but SHOULD you? I guess thats the difference between law and morality.

It is just my opinion, but the way some of you are talking, its almost as if you're walking around looking for any reason you can find to legally blow someone away, which I think is a contradiction to the spirit of 2A and CHL. Either way, in that flash mob situation on the video, I wouldn't shoot unless I was directly threatened, or felt someone else, like the clerk was in mortal danger, regardless of whether I knew I legally could or not. That store, that junkfood be damned...

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Yeah? I can think of several reasons, not sexually oriented, that you wouldn't want to drop your soap in prison, someone might steal it, you could slip and fall on it, I'm sure the floors aren't very sanitary, so dropping it could contaminate it...

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Hhhahahaha...

But the most common reason you don't drop the soap in prison according to Family Feud:

1. Forced butt rape.

Yeah, but wouldn't you have to bend over to retrieve it for that to happen? Couldn't you just kneel down, or forget it all together since the soap is now most likely contaminated with some big latin word that makes you bleed out of your eyeballs? Just sayin...

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Lol, I know dude, just being contrary in response to max's infantile flaming. He knew what I meant, but felt he needed to respond with a 6th grade "diss", which is funny because on another thread, he defended an idiot by calling me an idiot because I can't spell. I think hes taken a lik'n to me because hes been whippin my ass all day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom