• Status
    Not open for further replies.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Everybody dreaming of a constitutionalist, entitlement revoking, IRS dissolving, 100% pro gun everything, badass president is simply pissing in the wind. There is no way in hell somebody like that will ever be elected again in this country in spite of what the people in our little corner of the world might want.

Then it's time to dissolve the United States. I don't see any other option.

xstuntman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    west Texas
    I bet average jane and joe will come out of the woodwork in numbers this time to vote. I'm hoping it'll spell doom for the dems and their outageous spending.
    Yamamoto's speach about waking the sleeping giant comes to mind. Regardless, when the nanny state dependants are cut off, well, flash mobs are just a warm up.

It'll be interesting to see what happens on Wall Street, September 17.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    it will fall apart on its own several years from now. no sense in starting this process sooner.

If you were in the Army they'd call you Major Drama. Save the drama for yo momma.

Here's my wish list:
    1) Paul
    2) Perry
    3) Camacho (the only one with a solution to dwindling supplies of french fries and burrito coverings)

id2.jpg

Now Comacho, he's the real deal. The most "kick ass" president ever. I'm pretty sure I'd vote for him over Obama as well.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I bet average jane and joe will come out of the woodwork in numbers this time to vote. I'm hoping it'll spell doom for the dems and their outageous spending.
    Yamamoto's speach about waking the sleeping giant comes to mind. Regardless, when the nanny state dependants are cut off, well, flash mobs are just a warm up.

It'll be interesting to see what happens on Wall Street, September 17.

If they pull that crap on me then I will say, "Flash mob, meet muzzle flash."

As someone pointed out in Ayoob's training you can shoot them all except for the last one.

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    If they pull that crap on me then I will say, "Flash mob, meet muzzle flash."

As someone pointed out in Ayoob's training you can shoot them all except for the last one.

Id read chapter 9 of the penal code again guys before you get all trigger happy on flash mobs like the ones in the videos, all I saw in the video were a bunch of non-violent people pocketing junkfood. Law states that deadly force is only legal if the theft in daylight exceeds $2,500 in value, but no value is stated for theft at night. Each perp was only jacking like 5 bucks worth of junkfood, not to mention the junkfood was the property of the store, not you, and a jury would surley see that as a kids prank, and would hang you out to dry for skinning the smokewagon on em. The law really means very little when a jury is involved, its all perception at that point, and you know the DA is going to fill that jury box with a bunch of psycho leftist hippies...

Id personally situate myself where I could draw down in a fraction of a second if I had to, and remove myself from that situation. If I have to face a jury for smokin some fool, I wanna make goddamn sure Im in the right, and can easily convince a jury of the same...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Id read chapter 9 of the penal code again guys before you get all trigger happy on flash mobs like the ones in the videos, all I saw in the video were a bunch of non-violent people pocketing junkfood. Law states that deadly force is only legal if the theft in daylight exceeds $2,500 in value, but no value is stated for theft at night. Each perp was only jacking like 5 bucks worth of junkfood, not to mention the junkfood was the property of the store, not you, and a jury would surley see that as a kids prank, and would hang you out to dry for skinning the smokewagon on em. The law really means very little when a jury is involved, its all perception at that point, and you know the DA is going to fill that jury box with a bunch of psycho leftist hippies...

Id personally situate myself where I could draw down in a fraction of a second if I had to, and remove myself from that situation. If I have to face a jury for smokin some fool, I wanna make goddamn sure Im in the right, and can easily convince a jury of the same...

Where do you get this stuff? Chapter 9 of the Texas Penal Code, has no monetary limitations for theft during daytime!

Maybe you ought to look at 9.42 a little more closely...

§ 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
    (1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
    (2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
    (A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

And just so you know...

§ 30.02. BURGLARY. (a) A person commits an offense if, without the effective consent of the owner, the person: (1) enters a habitation, or a building (or any portion of a building) not then open to the public, with intent to commit a felony, theft, or an assault
    § 29.02. ROBBERY. (a) A person commits an offense if, in the course of committing theft as defined in Chapter 31 and with intent to obtain or maintain control of the property, he: (1) intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another; or
    (2) intentionally or knowingly threatens or places another in fear of imminent bodily injury or death.

mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    What has he done afterward... he was a democrat until he found winning elections in Texas as a democrat was hard. He like so many other statist politicians changed their minds and became republicans. Though he accidentally lets his mouth make promises his butt can't keep, he's a party man. That simply means we'll get more of Bush the first and Bush the second.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Didnt he switch back in the Ann Richards era when Dems were winning elections? Many long time democrats from southern states became republicans when they realized that the Dems had gone hard left. In the 50's and 60's Dems were somewhat conservative in the south.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Didnt he switch back in the Ann Richards era when Dems were winning elections? Many long time democrats from southern states became republicans when they realized that the Dems had gone hard left. In the 50's and 60's Dems were somewhat conservative in the south.

Yep because it use to be crime to be a republican in the south

mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    "They" say that Texas democrats were more conservative than the modern republican fare. That's fine, but we can't forget LBJ. Rush has used JFK to prove the point item by item and it's pretty impressive. I don't think Perry is as far "left" as many, but he is a party guy and won't bring anything new to the game. Since I think my border collie is smarter than Obama, I'll concede that Rick is too.

We need something that breaks out of the old republican good old boy network and Rick doesn't have that in him.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I apologize if this has been covered.. But he seems like he likes to Campaign and not Govern.. I don't know a ton about this stuff so I am ASKING questions here, but what has he done for Texas really? What about the TXDOT bullshit, the toll road project going to a company from Spain that cost a arm and a Freaking LEG, the stimulus we took, that same stimulus that increased jobs he is taking so much credit for. We took a little over 6 billion for it when we had a rainy day fund of about the same. I don't trust him at this point.

Just where I am sitting at the moment. Fill me in if you have some more details

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Where do you get this stuff? Chapter 9 of the Texas Penal Code, has no monetary limitations for theft during daytime!

Maybe you ought to look at 9.42 a little more closely...

And just so you know...

Ill concede that Im not sure if I read that in the CHL handbook or if it was some case law my CHL instructor covered, but with that, go ahead and shoot some kids for stealing some junkfood, and when its all said and done, Ill read the case law from your case for clarification. ;)

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    If you were in the Army they'd call you Major Drama. Save the drama for yo momma.

Here's my wish list:
    1) Paul
    2) Perry
    3) Camacho (the only one with a solution to dwindling supplies of french fries and burrito coverings)

View attachment 10400

Now Comacho, he's the real deal. The most "kick ass" president ever. I'm pretty sure I'd vote for him over Obama as well.

I'm a little late to this thread, but this is funny.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Ill concede that Im not sure if I read that in the CHL handbook or if it was some case law my CHL instructor covered, but with that, go ahead and shoot some kids for stealing some junkfood, and when its all said and done, Ill read the case law from your case for clarification. ;)

Either way, it's bad info. There is absolutely no distinction in the law as to what monetary value of the items being stolen must be reached to the use of lethal force. I'll save you the time, in Texas it will most likely result in a 'No Bill' from the Grand Jury. If you can find a current example of case law that showed otherwise, I'd be interested in seeing it but I think you'd be hard pressed to find one.

Still, I'm impressed that you can clearly distinguish between some kids simply stealing junk food and others with more nefarious intentions. Sounds like something from Minority Report!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom