• ...and so much more!
  • Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I am from Montana, and weather there had it at 14 degrees as their high today.
    We didn’t close down anything unless we were completely snowed in.
    I have an old friend who was a park ranger at Glacier and he wouldn't move for love or money. He likes taking kids on show shoe hikes. smh

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I'm certainly no yankee but I did just visit Maine recently and to be honest, I think this is a bit of an over reaction. I was working on an auto shop in 10 degree weather up there. Not sure why it will be that hard to sleep warm in our houses in the same.

:p
    Nope, these are very unusual temps for Texas. Particularly so wide spread and so far south.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Winter is coming”

beware the “white walkers”
    Yes Ariel Winter

1613362102640.png

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Texas is home to a different "cold" than the northerners have. Does humidity ring a bell with anyone??

It's currently 10 deg at my place with 94% humidity, that's a different cold than 10 deg and 10% humidity. Why do you think the yanks melt when they come down here in the summer, it's not the temp it's the humidity. Look it up.

Sircharles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2021
    Spring texas
    Texas is home to a different "cold" than the northerners have. Does humidity ring a bell with anyone??

It's currently 10 deg at my place with 94% humidity, that's a different cold than 10 deg and 10% humidity. Why do you think the yanks melt when they come down here in the summer, it's not the temp it's the humidity. Look it up.
    I believe most places by the ocean will have decent humidity!

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Not since1989 for Temps this low and 1951 for below freezing this long (according to my brother, who lives near Seguin). I haven't verified.

I got about 3" of snow west of Bandera.

Currently 8°F.

Rolling blackout just hit me at 2:15am.

Last edited:

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Out here as well since 2:45 50 minutes. So far haven't escalated past extra blankets on the kid. Another hour I'll stick one of those 90 lb furry hot water bags on him. Hehehe

CrazyCobraManTim

Whiskey Baby
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Keller, TX
    Twin outages in DFW (Tri County power). Once at around 2:45 AM and another around 4 AM.

With the temps being 7 degrees - I'm up for the remainder of the days, emergency radio, cords, storm laterns and matches at the ready. Wife asked what was going on....told her it was just short of breaking out my cammies..... (no need for the .45 since ya can't shoot a power outage).

Stay safe all!

Reactions: gll
    Top Bottom