• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    This tells me 2 things. You, or a close family member has a Pitt and that you whine and trivialize things when you lose an argument.

Still haven’t figured out the space bar have you?
    I’d leave this one alone. I share candc’s opinion. If you feel people are uncivilized, and i agree, at least don’t allow yourself to have double standards. The guy had a stroke and has a respectable resume.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    A human bias is to simplify, but reality is often much more complex when the biases are ignored.

That really interesting dog brain article posted earlier shows there is something unique about the pit bull that makes it more unpredictable and aggressive. The conclusion I drew was to ignore individual anecdotes about "sweet babies who would never harm a soul" because as a whole, the breed is wholly different from others.

We also know owners can teach a dog bad habits through neglect or purposeful action, as well as fail to control or restrain their animal when it becomes aggressive. Here, intent is much easier to determine by words, deeds, or inactions.

Whether the dog or the owner bear the brunt of the blame depends on which factor contributes the most to the result. Any individual dog that shows aggressive tendencies needs to be taken seriously by authorities and put down as soon as there is plain evidence of serious risk of harm to humans (owners or neighbors). Owners need to be held accountable for actions or inactions that create the conditions for a dog to attack (letting the dog run free, leaving the gate open).

I don't understand why some are comparing a pit bull to a weapon. It seems to reflect where someone is placing the blame for an attack--on the owner or the dog--and the comparison is used to attack the assumptions which underlie the blame (owner negligently lets a dog run free; owner negligently discharges a firearm), yet a dog is animate and a firearm is inanimate.

To me, the owner and the pit bull should be compared to an owner and a wild animal kept as a pet. Some people have pet wolves or bears, but what I have heard many admit, is that despite the great videos of human-wild animal interactions, it is still a wild animal and could behave in an unexpectedly aggressive way at any time. So, the owner carefully regulates its interactions with other humans. This goes back to: the bear may look friendly, but it still has a bear brain that is wired to respond to certain stimuli. The owner needs to understand this and act accordingly. I think the same is true for pit bulls and their owners.

Last edited:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    my stupid liberalcalifornia transplant neighbor thinks she can legally shoot my dogs for being on her property Sheriff's deputies have informed her without cause or justification she woulbe arrested and charged just like you can't shoot a trespasser without good cause and reason!sometimes some peopl know just enough of the law to get themselves into deep trouble if they aren't careful!

Shooting loose dogs is the province of LE.

Can you get a bad dog?

I made the mistake of buying a Havanese puppy from a backyard breeder. Before too long, that dog became a fear biter. Nobody was safe around her. Nothing I did fixed that problem. One time, her eyes got angry red like an enraged mama sow while she snapped repeatedly at my face. Broke my heart to take her to the pound, but she was rescued and eventually found a good home.

OK, I'll bet we probably agree on most everything else like important things like beer preferences or ice cream.

I like lager beer of almost any mfg and butter pecan ice cream.

I like whatever Michelob is. And I don't think there is an ice cream flavor that I don't like.

!if you're scared of pit bulls then don't get one

Yah, I won't. But owning one is not my concern. Rather those that others own and allow to run loose is what I worry about. Same with any other large dog. Try being approached by a Cane Corso... YIKES!!

I've known two pitties... one belonged to my best friend's daughter. She was a cool dog. But "Wendie" warned my not to open the trailer door while they were out hunting... might get an unpleasant greeting.

The other belonged to a neighbor at my work. I parked the car and was walking into the shop when the door to their house opened and their pit came out.. running across the parking lot. I thought it was coming to say hi, but it bit me in the knee. Phucker!!

but in humans, intelligence and societal controls work to moderate aggressiveness.

Would that it were so!!!

Slow your roll douchebag, I never said anything about murder. Don't chew on words and then try putting them in my mouth. FFS learn to read for comprehension. While you're at it, learn how to use the space key effectively.

Whoa. Calm the phuck down and read the forum a bit. By now you should know that Axxe had a massive stroke. I'd like to see how you deal with the damage caused by a massive stroke.

Hint: try being gracious and give him some slack.

What round for pitbulls?

I heard it was a round of Pilsner!!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Cand,

Ya lost me with this: So add pitbull dogs to the verboten subjects with abortion and religion?

Verboten subjects?

Seems to be quite 'boten' - we're up to 17 pages of 'boten'...and going strong.

Here's one of my favorite quotes: "My dog doesn't bite"...meaning he won't bite you, the owner...Me, he'll bite...!

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Still haven’t figured out the space bar have you?

Cheap shot. You owe Axxe an apology - it's pretty well known around here he's recovering from a stroke.

As for getting back on subject...has anyone considered the possibility that there are disproportionately more attacks by pitbulls because irresponsible owhers gravitate toward them? The press has pushed this "pitbulls are dangerous and uncontrollable" narrative to the point that for a certain segment of the population, having a vicious pitbull is a status symbol. They neglect or abuse the dogs, they think it's "funny" to teach them to be aggressive, and they often beat the dog when they're displeased with it. This would make any breed of dog vicious, but it tends to happen more with pitbulls, because this kind of person (out in the country, this would be the trashy redneck jackass, in urban areas the guy whose shitty house drops the whole neighborhood's property values, and who always seems to have dozens of cars coming and going at all hours...) sees them as more attractive for the way they want to abuse a dog.

Add to that irresponsible owners who simply get more dog than they can handle (or properly train) and you have a potential ticking time bomb.

Is this the fault of the breed, or of unworthy owners? When we see news stories about these attacks, it's rarely the beloved family dog who nobody expected to "snap" (although that happens - but it happens with German Shepherds, too), it's the dogs that the whole neighborhood lived in fear of, who were constantly escaping from their yards, and whose owners had multiple warnings about keeping their dogs under control.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    The video of the dogs tearing the old man apart is out now. Just watched it.
    Gottdamm is all I can say.

PM if you want the link. Not going to post it on the open forum.
    I warn you it is extremely graphic, disturbing, and most definitely NSFW.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks

No thanks.
    Any news on the old woman? Last I heard she was critical -

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

The owner should be subjected to similar action.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun

I'll bite....

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    OK, it's the owner's fault, the dog, meh...yeah...wait, it's your Child/ Grand...Mother/Father/ or Neighbor being torn to shreds. But, the maligned dog,...poor thing.

Those innocents should know better than to assume they're safe from being attacked by a monster....

Pish posh/ it's those pesky outsiders fault for you being... (why they do riciduouslly assume they can be outside without being attacked and maimed or killed - how silly of them...) ..ah, blame it on the terrible owners...who will show up or in court...not.

Owning one of these animals is your responsibility to make certain they're not willing to kill...people.

Yes, yes, I've heard: The poor dog is a victim...tell that to the human victims.....

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

I watched it and ty for sending it to me. I like to remind myself what these dogs are capable of. Very violent. I could only imagine the heartbroken families that raised one of these dogs only for the pitbull to turn on their children or other dogs

Imagine spending 80 years on this planet and you go out being pulled apart by dogs in a first world country wtf

Top Bottom