Target Sports

Phucked around and found out thread. Stories of dirtbags doing dirtbag things and taking dirtnaps or finding out the reward isnt as they thought.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I don't tend to lock my car (although I only unlock the driver's side door), but my head is on a swivel and my right hand is unoccupied and ready to either fend off an attack, punch, or draw a pistol. I also have my back toward the car when I'm pumping. I figure an attacker is unlikely to leap over the car to get to me, so it leaves my back less exposed.
    Hand should be on a zippo lighter. Preferably one that looks like this.
    IMG_7555.jpeg
    Gasoline is the most terrifying weapon you can wield.

You see fuckery heading your way, remove the nozzle, throughly soak douchebag car jackers and ignite zippo. If they do not turn and run screaming for their lives and continue unlawful aggression…… take away their ability and desire to ever threaten you or yours again.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I will pump gas then waddle my fat ass into the store for lotto tickets all while leaving me key in the ignition. A trick I learned long ago is if you vehicle looks like shit thieves figure your a broke dick & do not **** with it.

New vehicle would get washed & cared for the first year. Then I'd stop washing them because I'd get pissed off at all the dings & scratches in it. Were I live I don't even lock either vehicle at home or even while buying groceries. I generally leave the windows down if its hot out while buying groceries.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I wonder if this happened in one of those locations where there's no catch on the pump handle. When you have to spend the entire time you pump gas with one hand on the nozzle, squeezing that lever, it tends to hold your focus more than it should when there are potential hostiles in the area.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I wonder if this happened in one of those locations where there's no catch on the pump handle. When you have to spend the entire time you pump gas with one hand on the nozzle, squeezing that lever, it tends to hold your focus more than it should when there are potential hostiles in the area.

When I wind up with one of those, I turn my back to my car, hold the lever down with my left hand (reverse grip, with the nozzle pointing behind me into the gas tank), and keep my eyes on my surroundings. Because that's generally a sign that you're at a crappy gas station in a crappy neighborhood.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    When I wind up with one of those, I turn my back to my car, hold the lever down with my left hand (reverse grip, with the nozzle pointing behind me into the gas tank), and keep my eyes on my surroundings. Because that's generally a sign that you're at a crappy gas station in a crappy neighborhood.
    I will turn the gas cap sideways and wedge the handle/lever into the pump position

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I will pump gas then waddle my fat ass into the store for lotto tickets all while leaving me key in the ignition. A trick I learned long ago is if you vehicle looks like shit thieves figure your a broke dick & do not **** with it.

New vehicle would get washed & cared for the first year. Then I'd stop washing them because I'd get pissed off at all the dings & scratches in it. Were I live I don't even lock either vehicle at home or even while buying groceries. I generally leave the windows down if its hot out while buying groceries.
    Me too!

Two neighbors raise hogs...

Got a backhoe (for some welding work) in the back yard now....(couple years ago? had a different machine in the yard about every 10 days)

Wonder? If I ever come out of retirement? (not likely)....

They all ask what I done last?

If "servicing hoes" is acceptable response?

Diptard asks what the "hoes" looked like? Ask him he got a pic of his li'l sister in his pocket? :green:

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I may have posted this story when it happened, I’m not sure. I was headed to Odessa really early in the morning, and stopped for gas on the way out of Abilene. I pulled into the station at 4:45 and started filling the tank. I always check my surroundings before getting out of the truck, especially at 4:45 am, so I knew there was no one around I could see. I left the truck running, and was standing in the open driver’s door reaching inside the truck. Now when I take long road trips, I remove my EDC and holster and stick in into the pocket on the side of my center console so that the barrel is pointing down, with the grip against my right thigh. Just as I clipped the holster into place, someone spoke from right behind me. Needless to say, I spun around really quickly with the barrel 6 inches from the guy’s forehead. He started back pedaling and apologizing as he slinked backwards into a dark spot against the building between an ice freezer and water dispenser. I’m assuming that’s where he was hiding when I pulled up. I chalked it up as a lesson learned and continued on with my travels and put it out of my mind. Until my wife called me about 8 to tell me the gas station I usually stop at on my way out of town got robbed that morning. I guess I’ll always wonder if that was the same guy.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Predators tend to hunt for their prey. I would think that scumbags out jacking cars are looking for specific type of vehicles. They are either going to chop them or commit more crimes in them. A 4 door makes a better getaway vehicle then a 2 door.

I really have to say getting out of Houston was even better then when I moved there in the first place. Were I lived with junkies not far away increased the chances of getting ripped off. The nice thing about my house was all the McMansion compared to my wacky shack with late model vehicle made it real easy for buglers to choose the McMansions. That & I did not have a lawn crew looking in my garage or house windows.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Top Bottom