• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have silver patches to help progress the healing. It will be cleaned on the regular and wrapped. I am going to be getting the patches that Karlac suggested as well.

I've had lots of experience with wound care and have access to several nurses thankfully. All of which who know my ass is too stubborn for the hospital so they help me out. :)
    Good deal. Be careful out there. Cabinet shops are dangerous places.
    I do miss the work though. I enjoyed making a thing of beauty from nothing.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Yep, only sick or hurt people go to the hospital!
    It was during a 13 hour surgery. I got a bad infection in multiple places cause the approached the spine in the front and back.

It took 2 years to get rid of and I nearly died.

I got the OR records, they wouldnt use for infection back then, and found out people were coming and going to lunch phone calls and even bathroom breaks and while they may have scrubbed in and out the fact is they dont do that anymore unless for emergencies cause it leads to increased infections. Once a team starts a procedure the staff stay till their stuff is done. No in and out and in.

I would never sue over an honest mistake or something just went wrong but I could tell from the records that the dr who did the abdominal approach and who him and his team came and went were the ones who caused the infection.

Like I say that was in 96. They dont do that anymore cause I bring it up to every surgeon and they all cringe and say killing patients is why shit like that doesn't happen anymore.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It was during a 13 hour surgery. I got a bad infection in multiple places cause the approached the spine in the front and back.

It took 2 years to get rid of and I nearly died.

I got the OR records, they wouldnt use for infection back then, and found out people were coming and going to lunch phone calls and even bathroom breaks and while they may have scrubbed in and out the fact is they dont do that anymore unless for emergencies cause it leads to increased infections. Once a team starts a procedure the staff stay till their stuff is done. No in and out and in.

I would never sue over an honest mistake or something just went wrong but I could tell from the records that the dr who did the abdominal approach and who him and his team came and went were the ones who caused the infection.

Like I say that was in 96. They dont do that anymore cause I bring it up to every surgeon and they all cringe and say killing patients is why shit like that doesn't happen anymore.
    I remember you talking about this before. Rough road to go down. Glad you're still with us.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It was during a 13 hour surgery. I got a bad infection...
    They accidentally found my mom's kidney cancer during a scan of her lungs. The tiny, ~1mm spot of cancer was completely and successfully removed via a laparoscopic procedure. There was a follow-up procedure to fix some things they had neglected to do the first time around.

Easiest kidney cancer cure I can imagine.

She was two days away from her first post-op follow-up appointment when she died from infection due to...well...we don't know. Whatever it was, she caught it in the hospital.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Retired, un-retired, retired again, now un-retired.

Got a phone call yesterday afternoon and was asked if I would go back to the job site in Arlington and take some pictures of the "trial, soft opening" before the grand opening. I told them, sure, no big deal. They said that they know my time isn't free and will send me another weeks pay for my time today.

The pay isn't a whole lot. But, $1,600.00, is $1,600.00. So I'll be leaving in a couple of hours one more time.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    266629575_4600124836772392_3306919156602917605_n.jpg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It was a state holiday; I had to look it up when I first got it off too. They have a bunch of paid holidays.
    AZ never had anything cool like that.

But we did hit 122 one day. So hot all planes were grounded cause they never created settings to fly that hot.

We all have our things.

Top Bottom