Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Deputies have been observed saying they drove to an address in question, but will actually just drive by and leave.

I'll make this, by my standards, short.

My neighbor's daughter got out of prison in New Mexico and started living with her mom next door. There were minor disturbances (very loud arguments) but nothing to get too excited over. One night the argument spilled over into the back yard with several minutes of screaming. Then I hear 6 quick gunshots. I know what gunshots sound like; someone just emptied their revolver.

I step onto my front porch and call the local Constable substation, by far the fastest way to get a response. Two minutes later, a car comes tearing around the corner onto my street and I assume it's LE...but there are no lights. It's a Mustang. It flies into their driveway and screeches to a halt.

Long story short, I waited over an hour on my front porch, calling back to the station multiple times. Finally, I get a blocked-number callback from a very pissed Constable who tells me that he drove his unit to the house and all was quiet so he went on his way.

I felt like congratulating him on being issued an invisible patrol unit. I hadn't left the porch the entire time; he was lying his ass off. No marked unit had driven by on that street.

While I had him on the phone, I walked next door, in the street, and took a flash photo of the back of the Mustang so I could have the license plate recorded.

The phone hung up and he went ape-shit. He bailed out of the Mustang and started yelling at me to go away. I yelled back that he'd need to come down to the street to give me any orders. We both stared at each other for a minute and then he got back in the Mustang. He was caught dirty and he knew he couldn't come to me and escalate the encounter without tanking his career. I stood in the street for a few more minutes before I went back to my porch.

10 minutes later, the Mustang left. The very attractive ex(?)-con who obviously had some sort of pre-existing relationship with a Constable moved away shortly after that. Her mom was kinda sheepish around me the next few times we bumped into each other.

The lesson and why this is related to your situation?

The Constable was obviously covering for that woman. I could spend an afternoon speculating why but the point is that if a criminal has some sort of special relationship with an LEO, weird shit happens.

Your case certainly sounds like someone has a very special relationship with someone.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon! FKH
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    So, I've had a fun hour.... Went out into the shop to help and started sending stuff thru the Planner. Piece of wood I was sending thru had a knot in it; the piece of wood kicked back into my fingers and then sliced open my palm. I thought my fingers were broken, thankfully they're not broken. I will probably have some good bruising; got the wound cleaned and wrapped up. Ready to go home now...
    Damn, Gina! Wear gloves next time you mess with a planer or a saw.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Life ain't hard, unless you make it hard.
    If a bein' a wed to a RED HEAD?

Best mind what SHE be a thankin'!

1649982123349.png

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    So, I've had a fun hour.... Went out into the shop to help and started sending stuff thru the Planner. Piece of wood I was sending thru had a knot in it; the piece of wood kicked back into my fingers and then sliced open my palm. I thought my fingers were broken, thankfully they're not broken. I will probably have some good bruising; got the wound cleaned and wrapped up. Ready to go home now...
    Dang it! GIRL!

Prayer sent!

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I try; I may not always like my job but i know the owner really does depend on me and all I would do at home is sit around.
    Miss Katy,

Try to tape your hand to a stiff piece of plastic, such as a modified shoe horn.

The less you FLEX it ............the FASTER it will HEAL!

And for HEAVEN'S SAKE! BE CAREFUL!

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Miss Katy,

Try to tape your hand to a stiff piece of plastic, such as a modified shoe horn.

The less you FLEX it ............the FASTER it will HEAL!

And for HEAVEN'S SAKE! BE CAREFUL!
    That's a good idea!

Strangely, I'm the most careful one there. Even the owner was upset that of all his employees this kind of freak accident happened to it was me. He has gloves but no one wears them and my hands are so small that it's hard for me to do anything with them on.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If that is as deep.as it looks, it really needed stitches. At least a bandage like Karlac posted. Those work good and can be cut down for smaller cuts.
    I have lots of experience with stitches. In me. And keep it clean.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    If that is as deep.as it looks, it really needed stitches. At least a bandage like Karlac posted. Those work good and can be cut down for smaller cuts.
    I have lots of experience with stitches. In me. And keep it clean.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    I have silver patches to help progress the healing. It will be cleaned on the regular and wrapped. I am going to be getting the patches that Karlac suggested as well.

I've had lots of experience with wound care and have access to several nurses thankfully. All of which who know my ass is too stubborn for the hospital so they help me out. :)

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Ouch. They now have these new fangled things called work gloves. Won't stop you from broken fingers, but could help against gouges. The leather ones work best. I'm forever admonishing my students for not wearing their gloves, mostly for burns.

Top Bottom