• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Thanks brother.

Unfortunately our sheriffs department is showing red flags.
    Same issue here. Either the Sheriff’s Dept is using one of the two known drug houses in our rural area as a sting/informer operation; or they’re on the take … and it could be both.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Same issue here. Either the Sheriff’s Dept is using one of the two known drug houses in our rural area as a sting/informer operation; or they’re on the take … and it could be both.
    Deputies have been observed saying they drove to an address in question, but will actually just drive by and leave.

You can try to give a plate number of a rig that’s been doing runs and witnessed leaving the drug dealers property with baggies, going on until you wake up the next morning, and a deputy will say he doesn’t need that information and never shows up for the patrol promised.

It was like pulling teeth to talk anyone going to take a statement from the latest female abused. I get it, they never press charges or wise up, but not willing to get statements? Having to talk an officer into doing something that’s common sense?

After several calls, the trend of being transferred to different deputies that result in the same claim they see no record of a call history. No emails returned after tipping them off as events happen.

I’m sure you can see why I’m wanting to call the Rangers.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    So, I've had a fun hour.... Went out into the shop to help and started sending stuff thru the Planner. Piece of wood I was sending thru had a knot in it; the piece of wood kicked back into my fingers and then sliced open my palm. I thought my fingers were broken, thankfully they're not broken. I will probably have some good bruising; got the wound cleaned and wrapped up. Ready to go home now...

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    photo0(1).jpeg

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I’m sure you can see why I’m wanting to call the Rangers.
    Wish we had Rangers here.

You often can't blame the deputy when you consider many places are underfunded, and the local prosecutors set up a revolving door for the criminal.

TV crew came out a month or so back, wanted to interview me on camera about the crime in our area. Told her not only no, but hell no.

Talking head asked why not?

Told her that soon as one of those methbillie's saw my mug on TV, I would soon have to shoot one bent on retribution, and, being a law abiding citizen, I damn sure wouldn't get the same revolving door from our local prosecutors.

ETA: just know you're not all alone. This is going on all over the flyover zone ...

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Ouch!
    Just got the stitches out after carpal tunnel relief surgery.
    So when I say 'I feel your pain', I ain't kidding. :(

On that same note, these work great, just bought another couple of boxes
    You'll be back to doing the dishes in no time. LOL
    Yuck! That doesn't sound like much fun either. Everyone says I took it like a champ; no one realized how bad it was until they got my fingers open. :p

I will have to look into them. I can't just be sitting around here. Lol.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Yuck! That doesn't sound like much fun either. Everyone says I took it like a champ; no one realized how bad it was until they got my fingers open. :p

Similar wound, in close proximity to yours.

Those film strips offered protection and promoted healing while allowing tasks like dishwashing and showering, shaving and washing hair.
    Get quite a few open cuts in country living ... great to have around, especially for hands.

Ouch2.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Just wrap it with some duct tape and gauze!

Top Bottom