• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The funny thing is that virtually NOBODY is okay with "shall not be infringed." When push comes to shove, a lot of us are very okay with violent felons never being returned their infringed rights. We are okay to infringe the rights of the mental unstable. And for whatever reason, we don't even have rights unless we are at least 18, which certainly infringes on those under 18, LOL.

<>

Why does that matter ? As it is in the original Bill of RIGHTS, it is enshrined as the ‘’Supreme Law of the
    Land”.

Tell us, which other enumerated RIGHT do States & Localities get to stomp on with impunity ?

<?>

carlson1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    You won't be able to carry. They will have private security screening at the gates and they will physically restrain you from going in carrying. I guess you could shoot them, and go in anyway, but I don't think that would work for very long.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    All they would need to do is consider one area an educational facility, just like the Dallas and Ft Worth zoos. They could have someone do a 5 minute educational tour of barnyard animals to children and probably get away with the designation.
    That's not how the Dallas Zoo got around it. The Dallas Zoo is an 'amusement park' under the GC 411 meaning. The Fort Worth zoo says they are a school but they are not. If they don't have metal detectors, I would carry there anyway.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    <>

Why does that matter ? As it is in the original Bill of RIGHTS, it is enshrined as the ‘’Supreme Law of the
    Land”.

Tell us, which other enumerated RIGHT do States & Localities get to stomp on with impunity ?

<?>

What does it matter? When I said "nobody" but included everybody. Since you are into "supreme law of the land" then supreme law of the land has ruled multiple times that said rights are NOT ABSOLUTE. The Supreme Court, of course, does get its power from the Constitution.

Aside from that, the BOR Thumpers who claim to want absolute rights regularly buckle at denial at some level when it it comes to senile people, former violent criminals that have paid their debts to society, etc.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    It sucks that the law will take a year to solve the debate, but the biggest hammer we have is to stop giving these folks who choose to not support you and make you prey any of our money.

I know it I’m an old fogie, but what in God’s green earth does a fair have to offer that is worth the risk? Suck it up and go patronize a business or place that supports you while the BS legal process plays out.

If the state fair goes bankrupt in the meantime; who actually gives a hoot??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carlson1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    It sucks that the law will take a year to solve the debate, but the biggest hammer we have is to stop giving these folks who choose to not support you and make you prey any of our money.

I know it I’m an old fogie, but what in God’s green earth does a fair have to offer that is worth the risk? Suck it up and go patronize a business or place that supports you while the BS legal process plays out.

If the state fair goes bankrupt in the meantime; who actually gives a hoot??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    100% agreement. The problem is the gun owners will not for-go the fair while it plays out. I am not for sure how much loss of revenue would be, but hopefully it would be enough to make them change their mind.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I know it I’m an old fogie, but what in God’s green earth does a fair have to offer that is worth the risk?

Butter sculptures and fried things that were never meant to be fried, apparently. And a large, poorly-proportioned and easily combustible golem that people inexplicably love.

Top Bottom