Paxton now involved

Link to Letter Mentioned In Image

Image-1.png

Bad Hombre

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2023
    Texas
    And lawful and responsible gun owners with LTC with two background checks (state and federal) are too dangerous to attend public events in Texas. This is just another reason for me never to attend the State Fair of Texas again.
    I've lived in Texas for 57 years and have never attended the state fair and never intend to !

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Reading between the lines it appears the only reason the AG is getting involved is because of the lease agreement giving all governmental functions to the state fair of Texas for the duration of the fair. Wish they would tackle all the other venues that do the same that are on govt property

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

AG Paxton has multiple “Irons in the fire’’ now; plus, is preparing for higher office; either Trump’s AG or a run for TX Governor.

Ken was allies with our prior AG, now Governor, Jeff Landry (LA). Perhaps Jeff has inspired Paxton.

I’d bet Trump is saving Cruz for SCotUS.

leVieux

<>

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    <>

AG Paxton has multiple “Irons in the fire’’ now; plus, is preparing for higher office; either Trump’s AG or a run for TX Governor.

Ken was allies with our prior AG, now Governor, Jeff Landry (LA). Perhaps Jeff has inspired Paxton.

I’d bet Trump is saving Cruz for SCotUS.

leVieux

<>

Dream Team.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Below is tweet (I know X is correct) about a letter from TX representatives to State Fair board about their decision to ban one with LTC from attending fair. I noted my state rep signed the letter so I am going to send him a thank you email. And write to Gov/LtGov/State Senator asking them to get City of Dallas and by extension State Fair board to reverse their decision.

Attached photos are from the signature page to help you find your rep if he/she signed letter. And if you don't know who is your rep use this website.

Attachments

• -1-Dustin-Burrows-on-X-I-stand-with-my-colleagues-in-opposing-the-State-Fair-of-Texas’-gun-ban...jpg
      -1-Dustin-Burrows-on-X-I-stand-with-my-colleagues-in-opposing-the-State-Fair-of-Texas’-gun-ban...jpg
      105 KB · Views: 31
    • -1-Dustin-Burrows-on-X-I-stand-with-my-colleagues-in-opposing-the-State-Fair-of-Texas’-gun-ban...jpg
      -1-Dustin-Burrows-on-X-I-stand-with-my-colleagues-in-opposing-the-State-Fair-of-Texas’-gun-ban...jpg
      66.5 KB · Views: 33
    Last edited:

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Reading between the lines it appears the only reason the AG is getting involved is because of the lease agreement giving all governmental functions to the state fair of Texas for the duration of the fair. Wish they would tackle all the other venues that do the same that are on govt property
    Well it helps if citizens complain too

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Well it helps if citizens complain too
    Sure, but in the past it’s been brushed off and allowed because it was a private entity doing the posting and thus they declared it unenforceable but allowed the postings to stand. This letter sounds like the lease specifically gave the state fair of Texas governmental functions regarding the property. Thus they are legally considered a governmental entity? So in a few years when the current lease agreement is up will they change the lease wording to allow it to be posted? Make it like a private entity doing the posting/excluding and we all end up with the same thing, no carry allowed till its litigated, if ever.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I wrote a disapproval letter to Texas State Fair. Here is the answer I received:
    Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2024 8:10 AM
    To: Info <info@BigTex.com>
    Subject:No gun policy

I disagree with your no gun policy at the state fair. It is an infringement to our 2nd amendment rights.
    Jimmy Clark

Re: No gun policy​

External
    Inbox
    n

default-user=s80-p

Dear Jimmy,

Thank you for your inquiry. The State Fair of Texas is-and always has been—a private entity. As a private, not-for-profit organization, the State Fair of Texas leases property from the City of Dallas for its event. The State Fair is not a government entity nor is it controlled or supported by a government
    entity.

The State Fair of Texas has long been, and continues to be, a strong supporter of the rights of responsible gun owning Texans. For that reason, the Fair has long allowed State Fair attendees with a valid Texas License to Carry (LTC or fka, CHL (concealed handgun license)) to carry their handguns while at the Fair (except for locations prohibited by law). After carefully considering the issue and reviewing the policies of similar Texas events, the State Fair has decided to prohibit open and concealed carry at the fairgrounds. This decision is consistent with an August 9, 2016 opinion letter issued by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, in which the Attorney General confirmed that the law which prohibits the government from banning handguns from most government property (Texas Government Code 411.209) applies only to bans implemented by the government and does not override the rights of a private entity that happens to operate on property leased from the government. In that situation, the private entity is no different than any other business operating on private property.

We know that this is an important issue for many Texans, and that the Fair's decision may disappoint potential fairgoers who regularly and responsibly practice License to Carry or Constitutional Carry. However, the Fair strongly believes that this is the right decision moving forward to ensure a safe environment and family-friendly atmosphere. The State Fair of Texas works with DPD, DFR, DART Police, DISD Police, regional, state, and federal partners as well as private security partners to help keep fairgoers, employees, and vendors safe. While each of these entities focus on ensuring a safe and family-friendly environment at the State Fair of Texas, we also ask that everyone remain "Fair Aware." If you see something that doesn't look right on the fairgrounds, please say something to a uniformed police officer or State Fair Safety Team member.
    Let's all do our part to keep the State Fair safe.

Thank you,

Your Tex Team Member

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Hopefully what comes out of this is a rewrite of the laws making it clear - no signs, no denied entry, no prosecution for LTC on gov. property.
    And it’s coming at a great time when it’ll still be fresh in everyone’s mind when the lege opens next year. The real question is will they have the will and drive to get it done?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Hopefully what comes out of this is a rewrite of the laws making it clear - no signs, no denied entry, no prosecution for LTC on gov. property.

That’s already pretty clear and you can still be trespassed for any reason.

I’ll be the asshole here; the .05 notice, 30.06, and 30.07 need to be repealed. 30.06 and .07 were chickenshit in the beginning and they’re chickenshit now. There’s still no record of any conviction for 30.06 and there hasn’t been a conviction for 30.07 since 2017.

There’s plenty of laws on the books that allow an authorized person or entity to trespass someone; let them use those.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

<>

Yes !

I have noted that in several states, a licensed person has greater burdens than the unlicensed or “Constitutional” carrier. Even greater than for criminals committing crimes.

What will it take for legislators to learn that their additional restrictions are aimed at the WRONG group of Citizens ?

Some silly restrictions force regular folks to make hard decisions.

Any business having ANY anti 2A signage will not get my money.

And, remember this: Q: What is the greatest source of “crime guns’? A: Theft of pistols from vehicles. Q: Why were pistols left in vehicles in the first place? A: Because of restricted locations & premises like gun-free zones !

One of the dumbest yet is that here in LA, a legally armed person must tell a homeowner, and get their permission before entering their home; but courts have held that an ARMED criminal, WITH CRIMINAL INTENT, does not have that burden. How STUPID is that ?

We must remove all state & local “infringing” from legal, noncriminal citizens.

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom