• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    That is the number he gave to call back. He called from +1 (512) 463-2100. It isn’t real dadgum hard unless you’re retarded. Do you own research. I told you I called, emailed, and filed a complaint. The investigator called left me a message and I called him back. I told you what he said. What in the heck is wrong with y’all? You can do the same thing I have done. I am not here to “prove” anything or lead you to water. I just left some information I learned hoping it would help some. I am too old to play your games. I am not the one hiding behind some fake username. I am an open book.
    Dude, chill man

Dont take it for anything more than what I said, that it is the generic number...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

clifton mire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    chandler tx
    This is governed by State Law so it will be interesting to see how they get around it and what Paxton does.

They changed their rules today.
    Saw a story on the news and this is now posted on the fair website FAQ:

CAN I BRING ANY WEAPONS INTO THE FAIR?
    The State Fair of Texas prohibits fairgoers from carrying all firearms, knives with blades over 5.5 inches long, clubs, explosive devices, ammunition, chemical dispensing devices, replicas or hoaxes, or weapons of any kind. This includes concealed carry and open carry of firearms anywhere on the fairgrounds including Cotton Bowl Stadium. This policy does not include elected, appointed, or employed peace officers.

How will the State Fair enforce this new policy?

The State Fair is working diligently with its security partners to plan for the implementation of this policy.
    Security team members will receive ample training to enforce this new policy. In addition, the State Fair has made significant financial investments in the security technology OPENGATE ® – a innovative Weapons Detection System designed for screening people as well as their bags. OPENGATE is one piece of the overall security screening process at every entry gate.
    How is the weapons policy different from last year?

Previously, our weapons policy allowed licensed concealed carry. Now it does not.

Why did the Fair change its weapons policy?

Every year, the State Fair of Texas has an ongoing safety and security assessment, adding and adjusting security measures to ensure a safe environment for all fairgoers, employees, and vendors. For us to continue offering a safe event for all, we feel this is an important measure to implement.
    We went many years ago, won't ever go again even with a concealed handgun. This is nothing but a target-rich environment. i can find other ways to spend my money that don't risk my life.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I've been actively involved in Texas gun rights for about ten years now. I can 100% state that is not true in Texas. Would you like to see the number of times NRA has testified in Austin compared to ALL the other gun groups out there? I can guarantee you NRA andTSRA (working together) have done more than ALL of the other gun groups in Texas. Talk is cheap... showing up and testifying is what gets results.
    <>

As a Life Member of both NRA & TSRA, I reserve the right to criticize both.

It's just that I've never had any cause to criticize the TSRA.

leVieux

<>

gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    I wrote the State Fair and told them we would not be attending and spending a lot of monies from the Bank of Grand Pa to pay for the kids/grandkids and some of their friends. Link below.

info@bigtex.com

Not sure what we can do.

Dam Shame - as I was wanting us to take our little Granddaughter

Heard back from the State Fair folks on 9-Aug-24.
    See screen shot below:

Re: 9-Aug-24, We Will Not Attend Due to Banning LTC's​

Thank you for your feedback, Edward. We appreciate your family’s past patronage and fully respect your decision. I will pass this feedback along to the team.

Your Tex Team Member

1723342621258.png

mitchel0450

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2024
    Dallas, TX
    Not really surprised after what happened last year, not that it makes any sense but seems about the normal response now a days.

Like someone else said, the real dangerous part is leaving the fair. I have been going to the state fair for years now and have found myself in some sketchy areas after dark. For anyone interested in how to make it a safer event for the family, this is how I do it:

Get to the fair when they open in the morning, park at the Fiesta Market parking lot and leave before dark. This is right across the street from a main entrance and will be mostly empty if you get there at open. You get all your fair fun in without the sketchy half mile walk in the dark. Plus in the morning it’s way less busy and more enjoyable.

We actually did this strategy for the first time last year. We also happened to be there the day of the shooting but where already back at home before it went down.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Not really surprised after what happened last year, not that it makes any sense but seems about the normal response now a days.

Like someone else said, the real dangerous part is leaving the fair. I have been going to the state fair for years now and have found myself in some sketchy areas after dark. For anyone interested in how to make it a safer event for the family, this is how I do it:

Get to the fair when they open in the morning, park at the Fiesta Market parking lot and leave before dark. This is right across the street from a main entrance and will be mostly empty if you get there at open. You get all your fair fun in without the sketchy half mile walk in the dark. Plus in the morning it’s way less busy and more enjoyable.

We actually did this strategy for the first time last year. We also happened to be there the day of the shooting but where already back at home before it went down.

Welcome to the Forum!

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Is it safe to assume you bought something at the Fiesta?

mitchel0450

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2024
    Dallas, TX
    Is it safe to assume you bought something at the Fiesta?
    They have the parking lot split, fair parking on one side and fiesta market customers on the other side. They sell parking spots to fair goers but keep some of the parking lot reserved for customers. We just pay to park there.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    It's a fkn Fair full of scum low life people, high dollar shit but good tasting food, over priced everything else, cheap dangerous rides, lot's of good looking and or sexy woman well at least about 1/4 of them.

Did I mention Corn dogs yeah they are fkn Awesome! Parking sucks, traffic sucks, it's always during a heat wave oh that makes the woman look better cuz they dress skimpy, anyway either go and leave your gun at home while enjoying gbthat corn dog with mustard ;) and enjoy or don't go and keep your gun handy while eating a PBJ.

9Pretty fukin easy. Yeah yeah it's all about the 2A thing. We'll guys it's 2024 and 2025 is only a few months away. Shit has changed and will only get worse history has pretty much proven that.
    Have a nice day.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

<>

“Not really surprised after what happened last year, not that it makes any sense but seems about the normal response now a days.“

i think you meani USUAL, not ‘’normal” ?

<?>

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    No longer an NRA member but still get their emails...

quote,

On August 8, the State Fair of Texas announced that it is changing its weapons policy to prohibit attendees from exercising their Right-to-Carry at the event. A press release noted,

As a private not-for-profit organization, the State Fair of Texas prohibits fairgoers from carrying all firearms, knives that are prohibited according to state law, clubs, explosive devices, ammunition, chemical dispensing devices, replicas or hoaxes, or other weapons of any kind. This includes Holders of a License to Carry, Constitutional Carry, Concealed Carry, and the Open Carry of firearms anywhere on the fairgrounds including Cotton Bowl Stadium.

The item also warned,

Guests will be channeled through weapons detection technology, which screens for dangerous weapons in the presence of a licensed and trained security officer.

This is a departure from policy which governed last year's fair, where licensed concealed carry was permitted in Fair Park.

Gun owners shouldn’t disregard this ban. Nevertheless, the State Fair of Texas’ move does raise serious questions about the legality of firearm prohibitions on government property.

As the State Fair of Texas noted in its press release, it is a private not-for-profit entity. However, the City of Dallas owns Fair Park, which it leases to the State Fair of Texas to operate the fair.

Texas law enumerates the types of government property on which firearms are prohibited (Penal Code § 46.03). Moreover, state agencies and political subdivisions that wrongfully exclude law-abiding gun owners are subject to fines (Government Code § 411.209). Texas’ firearms preemption statute also restricts localities from enacting their own firearm restrictions (Local Government Code § 229.001).

We thank the coalition of state lawmakers and candidates running for Texas House who sent a letter to the State Fair of Texas asking them to rescind this misguided policy and suggesting legislation may be needed to address gun-free zones on public property. NRA-ILA will continue tracking developments on this situation, with the state fair set to begin on September 27.

In the meantime, please contact the Texas State Fair via phone 469-945-FAIR or email info@bigtex.com to let them know you disagree with their “No Firearms” policy because gun-free zones don’t make Texans any safer.

unquote

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    I wonder if this will then effect the livestock show and rodeo for Houston, San Antonio, ft worth, and Austin. They all have shopping, rides and fair food as well as livestock shows for 4H and FFA kiddos just like the state fair. I believe they are all held on govt property and run by not for profits (their reason for existence is scholarships). They all exclude license holders and utilize metal detectors.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I wonder if this will then effect the livestock show and rodeo for Houston, San Antonio, ft worth, and Austin. They all have shopping, rides and fair food as well as livestock shows for 4H and FFA kiddos just like the state fair. I believe they are all held on govt property and run by not for profits (their reason for existence is scholarships). They all exclude license holders and utilize metal detectors.

<>

“Power corrupts.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely!”

Lord Acton, 1887

<>

Top Bottom