• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    There needs to be a strong argument made that bearing is akin to keeping, at times. If you live in a bad neighborhood, are a peaceful citizen, and have neighbors who are a constant threat, what's worse, you "keeping" and "bearing" your gun on you, or leaving it at home in Oak Cliff next door to a drug house???

Some might say - "Go buy a safe" - to which I reply, "Ok, sure, do you want to buy one for me if times are tough?"

Should guns only be for those who can afford a home security system and a safe?

Telling people to leave their guns at home is a VERY elitist argument, and ought to be loudly, often, and articulately opposed with manly firmness.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    There needs to be a strong argument made that bearing is akin to keeping, at times. If you live in a bad neighborhood, are a peaceful citizen, and have neighbors who are a constant threat, what's worse, you "keeping" and "bearing" your gun on you, or leaving it at home in Oak Cliff next door to a drug house???

Some might say - "Go buy a safe" - to which I reply, "Ok, sure, do you want to buy one for me if times are tough?"

Should guns only be for those who can afford a home security system and a safe?

Telling people to leave their guns at home is a VERY elitist argument, and ought to be loudly, often, and articulately opposed with manly firmness.

<>

OK, but the same quandary goes triple for “leaving gun(s) in vehicles”.

The problem is that some want to punish & restrict those who didn’t do the crimes, as though that would prevent future crimes. Then, legislatures go along with that defective idea. Just make everything worse.

We must end ALL infringing against non-criminal citizens !

<>

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    <>

OK, but the same quandary goes triple for “leaving gun(s) in vehicles”.

The problem is that some want to punish & restrict those who didn’t do the crimes, as though that would prevent future crimes. Then, legislatures go along with that defective idea. Just make everything worse.

We must end ALL infringing against non-criminal citizens !

<>
    That's why I specifically said "bearing" - keeping it in the car is just asking for theft in some places.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    That’s already pretty clear and you can still be trespassed for any reason.

I’ll be the asshole here; the .05 notice, 30.06, and 30.07 need to be repealed. 30.06 and .07 were chickenshit in the beginning and they’re chickenshit now. There’s still no record of any conviction for 30.06 and there hasn’t been a conviction for 30.07 since 2017.

There’s plenty of laws on the books that allow an authorized person or entity to trespass someone; let them use those.
    Of course they protect no one. I am going to PA on Wednesday they have no legal no firearms signs. But you can always be asked to leave.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    <>

Yes !

I have noted that in several states, a licensed person has greater burdens than the unlicensed or “Constitutional” carrier. Even greater than for criminals committing crimes.

What will it take for legislators to learn that their additional restrictions are aimed at the WRONG group of Citizens ?

Some silly restrictions force regular folks to make hard decisions.

Any business having ANY anti 2A signage will not get my money.

And, remember this: Q: What is the greatest source of “crime guns’? A: Theft of pistols from vehicles. Q: Why were pistols left in vehicles in the first place? A: Because of restricted locations & premises like gun-free zones !

One of the dumbest yet is that here in LA, a legally armed person must tell a homeowner, and get their permission before entering their home; but courts have held that an ARMED criminal, WITH CRIMINAL INTENT, does not have that burden. How STUPID is that ?

We must remove all state & local “infringing” from legal, noncriminal citizens.

leVieux

<>
    Again it's about controlling law abiding citizens, we are the only ones they can control.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Interesting developments in this situation. Texas AG threatens law suit. State Fair may have technical out they have a lease with Dallas and not government property so they can ban all guns. TX representatives send letter to State Fair officials to rescind ban. That seems to be highlights so far.

As things go with government, lawyers, courts I don't think this will be resolved to allow LTC parties to enter fair grounds before fair ends 10/20/24. So will TX Legislature in 2025 session take this matter up and change the law so State Fair and Dallas Zoo and other government owned properties that are leased or otherwise turned over to some non-government organization can't do this again. I will keep my powder dry and see what happens. And write my reps and governor asking them to fix the situation.

BTW: did you know that the Dallas Morning News claims that criminals will obey the 'gun-free' State Fair. Didn't think so.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Interesting developments in this situation. Texas AG threatens law suit. State Fair may have technical out they have a lease with Dallas and not government property so they can ban all guns. TX representatives send letter to State Fair officials to rescind ban. That seems to be highlights so far.

As things go with government, lawyers, courts I don't think this will be resolved to allow LTC parties to enter fair grounds before fair ends 10/20/24. So will TX Legislature in 2025 session take this matter up and change the law so State Fair and Dallas Zoo and other government owned properties that are leased or otherwise turned over to some non-government organization can't do this again. I will keep my powder dry and see what happens. And write my reps and governor asking them to fix the situation.

BTW: did you know that the Dallas Morning News claims that criminals will obey the 'gun-free' State Fair. Didn't think so.
    I guess that is going to make Fair Park neighborhood safe. Then those of us that take public transportation have to endure downtown too.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Interesting developments in this situation. Texas AG threatens law suit. State Fair may have technical out they have a lease with Dallas and not government property so they can ban all guns.

There is no lease exemption. Paxton covered this in the 2016 opinion.

If there was a lease exemption, State Fair would have banned guns long ago since it has been under lease since April 27, 1987.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

<>

Understood & Thanks.

BUT, isn’t the US Constitution the “SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND” ?

Doesn’t it clearly say “shall not be infringed” ?

They are still INFRINGING !

<>

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    That's why I specifically said "bearing" - keeping it in the car is just asking for theft in some places.
    Every one says this but you still have to break into my vehicle to find the gun. Parking in some places is the danger, not the fact that you have a gun hidden somewhere. Assuming of course that you don't leave it in open view.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

State Fair may be able to ban guns, but we can choose not to spend money there if that is their choice!

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Paxton is giving Dallas 15 days since last Wed. to fix the issue or face suit and fines.
    Dallas Morning News reports that Dallas City council is talking in closed session with city attorney what to do about this matter. More news later.

I also wrote to DMN editor about their claim most letters received on issue where in favor of ban of LTC fairgoers. I am opposed to ban and let them know.

Last edited:

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    <>

Understood & Thanks.

BUT, isn’t the US Constitution the “SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND” ?

Doesn’t it clearly say “shall not be infringed” ?

They are still INFRINGING !

<>

The funny thing is that virtually NOBODY is okay with "shall not be infringed." When push comes to shove, a lot of us are very okay with violent felons never being returned their infringed rights. We are okay to infringe the rights of the mental unstable. And for whatever reason, we don't even have rights unless we are at least 18, which certainly infringes on those under 18, LOL.

Top Bottom