• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    My reply was satire. That guy makes a bunch of money each year :)

Frankly I've never had a Fletcher's corn(y) dog. Or one from the other Fletchers, who got pissy and started their own sound-alike corn dog company. Because...it's a damn corn dog. It's either gonna taste like a corn dog or a bad corn dog, those are the only two options. I cant get 'em from Sonic if I want them freshly fried.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I used to go back in the day (70s) with my brother and parents. We would go to the Texas v OU football game and the air every year. That was back when they still had the FREAK SHOWS ..............the real ones. That was the best part. There was a black guy with no arms or legs that could roll and light a cigarette with his mouth.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    We went once, 83 or 84, or was it 86? The kids wanted to go, so we went. The next day in the Dallas Times Hearld, metro section headline, young couple robbed and murdered in the west parking lot by a perp that was lying in wait under a pickup truck. Never felt the need to go back.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    What does it matter? When I said "nobody" but included everybody. Since you are into "supreme law of the land" then supreme law of the land has ruled multiple times that said rights are NOT ABSOLUTE. The Supreme Court, of course, does get its power from the Constitution.

Aside from that, the BOR Thumpers who claim to want absolute rights regularly buckle at denial at some level when it it comes to senile people, former violent criminals that have paid their debts to society, etc.

<>

So, it is OK for States & locality authorities to routinely ignore our U S Constitution ?

Surely sounds like anarchy to me. .. . . . . . .

<>

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    <>

So, it is OK for States & locality authorities to routinely ignore our U S Constitution ?

Surely sounds like anarchy to me. .. . . . . . .

<>
    Dr. you have lost it. An overeducated individual such as you should have a better grasp of the English language.
    Anachy is the total and or complete lack of governmental control. State and local authority is still a branch, abet weak, of a government, in a Republic. This crap is more akin to a police state.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Times up. Paxton filed the lawsuit.
    This could be huge. Previously the state fair would only allow LTC to carry and no open carry. If Paxton prevails it appears LTC conceal and open carry as well as constitutional carry will all be allowed at the state fair as they were all mentioned in the suit in regards to the laws the city of Dallas, state fair and Dallas PD will be violating. I suspect the fallout from the case will be huge in regards to governmental entities allowing third parties to prevent carry on govt properties.

Last edited:

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    This could be huge. Previously the state fair would only allow LTC to carry and no open carry. If Paxton prevails it appears LTC conceal and open carry as well as constitutional carry will all be allowed at the state fair as they were all mentioned in the suit in regards to the laws the city of Dallas, state fair and Dallas PD will be violating. I suspect the fallout from the case will be huge in regards to governmental entities allowing third parties to prevent carry on govt properties.

Good. However given that it is Dallas County, I am not holding my breath for preliminary injunctive relief. My prediction is the City will drag it out for at least a year with Paxton probably losing in District Court despite the law being clear and with appeals...maybe someday we'll get relief.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    The $64,000 question is will the court grant temporary injunctive relief? If so then anyone can carry at the fair this year. What a slap that would be to the fair and Dallas.

carlson1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    Happy Ken Paxton has taken the next step.

Is there not already a fine in place for everyday that the City allows this to be posted for?

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    NRA-ILA submitted a brief to state Attorney General Ken Paxton as an interested party in the matter of RQ-0558-KP, the opinion request sought by State Rep. Dustin Burrows (R-Lubbock) and State Sen. Mayes Middleton (R-Galveston) on the matter of the State Fair of Texas’ misguided firearm prohibition for License To Carry holders at Fair Park in Dallas.

go to NRA topics to read more.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas

I expect the Dallas County district court will deny a preliminary injunction and then rule against Paxton despite the law being clear.

Top Bottom