• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    My gps rerouted me through South Dallas today because traffick was backed up. I had to drive down Lamar and Pennsylvania Ave to get to 45. F**k that hood rat POS area. The shit I saw driving through there was wild. There's no way I'd go to the fair without carrying.

TwinSisters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2024
    Hockley

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    My gps rerouted me through South Dallas today because traffick was backed up. I had to drive down Lamar and Pennsylvania Ave to get to 45. F**k that hood rat POS area. The shit I saw driving through there was wild. There's no way I'd go to the fair without carrying.
    I've been over there and yeah!
    Couple parts of RW as well.
    Try downtown Houston sometime.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Had a call from the AGs office. Apparently they are calling those who filed a complaint looking to add plaintiffs to the case. So if you filed a complaint you might just get a call asking if you want to be listed as a plaintiff along with some questions. Also they said the injunction hearing is this coming Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From the Dallas Morning News Tue Sep 17th

A temporary injunction hearing is set for Thursday on AG Ken Paxton’s lawsuit against Dallas, its interim city manager and the State Fair of Texas.

AND from KERA News

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has withdrawn a 2016 legal opinion that said local governments are not liable when private businesses ban guns on government-owned property — an opinion that contradicted his current stance on the State Fair's ban on firearms.

Several years ago the AG's legal opinion said it was OK for Houston, San Antonio and Austin Rodeos to have similar restrictions.

Attachments

• 43J6SNBQGJCABJXFWONXNYWLGA.jpg
      43J6SNBQGJCABJXFWONXNYWLGA.jpg
      280.8 KB · Views: 14
    • download-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg
      download-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg
      165 KB · Views: 12

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    From the Dallas Morning News Tue Sep 17th

A temporary injunction hearing is set for Thursday on AG Ken Paxton’s lawsuit against Dallas, its interim city manager and the State Fair of Texas.

AND from KERA News

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has withdrawn a 2016 legal opinion that said local governments are not liable when private businesses ban guns on government-owned property — an opinion that contradicted his current stance on the State Fair's ban on firearms.

Several years ago the AG's legal opinion said it was OK for Houston, San Antonio and Austin Rodeos to have similar restrictions.

Several years ago the AG's legal opinion was in conflict with state law. Good to see he corrected that mistake.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Several years ago the AG's legal opinion was in conflict with state law. Good to see he corrected that mistake.

Only makes sense when AG argues that State Fair can't ban LTC but years ago said it was OK for other such government owned but private leased properties. This will be a fix in law that I will write my state reps and Governor to take action in Jan along with a gizzillion other issues.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Only makes sense when AG argues that State Fair can't ban LTC but years ago said it was OK for other such government owned but private leased properties. This will be a fix in law that I will write my state reps and Governor to take action in Jan along with a gizzillion other issues.
    Doug, as you are the only member whose narrative has been published, at least that I can verify, if you say a gizzillion I will take that as the whole truth. I figured it was eleventy billion, but I trust your word.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    It's going to be interesting to see how much of this might be taken up by the Legislature. I've been following this 28 years since CHL started. The biggest problems I see are government owned stadiums like Cowboy Stadium and American Airlines center. They have MANY events that are not statutorily prohibited...non-scholastic, non- professional sporting events, concerts, other shows, expositions, etc. Honestly, I don't see them doing anything about it. I tried with Cowboy stadium and City of Arlington. But when you have metal detectors and private security who won't let you in, there isn't a darn thing you can do about it.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Another item I'd like to see in the gazillion, but is never going to be, is getting rid of the 46.03 restrictions on long guns that weren't there until the law was 'fixed' to allow permitless handgun carry. While allowing permitless carry of handguns, the law added additional restrictions that weren't there before.

The single best change to the law that occurred since 1997 (there were many good changes that year) was the reduction of 30.05/6/7 violations to a class C misdemeanor from a class A. I suggested this many times on 'another forum' and argued for it, citing examples of how Texas trespass law was abused in this arena much more than in other states.

Last edited:

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Another item I'd like to see in the gazillion, but is never going to be, is getting rid of the 46.03 restrictions on long guns that weren't there until the law was 'fixed' to allow permitless handgun carry. While allowing permitless carry of handguns, the law added additional restrictions that weren't there before.

The single best change to the law that occurred since 1997 (there were many good changes that year) was the reduction of 30.05/6/7 violations to a class C misdemeanor from a class A. I suggested this many times on 'another forum' and argued for it, citing examples of how Texas trespass law was abused in this arena much more than in other states.
    Need to get rid all enforcement of signs. It works in other states. And we know those signs don't work. Asking you to leave should be it.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    They just need to two tier it. No license gets what is current for license holders via signs and prohibited places. License holders get free rein. No more 51% restrictions (as long as carrier isn’t drinking) no more 06/07 and no more school restrictions. If your licensed you can go anywhere armed except places such as jails, court room (not court house) etc.

Top Bottom