• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    And, I can’t stop thinking about it (trying to learn lessons).

So, I’m thinking... if truly, the security detail already had him pegged during the service as “off”, maybe react and be on him like white on rice the moment he stands up. Like already have your clothes out the way and your hand on the firearm hilt.

maybe in a similar situation when your spidey sense goes off... “overreacting” and being paranoid a bit to ready yourself (without actually taking the step of drawing your firearm) is the way to go?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    maybe in a similar situation when your spidey sense goes off... “overreacting” and being paranoid a bit to ready yourself (without actually taking the step of drawing your firearm) is the way to go?

Trench Coat, disguise including fake beard, wig, etc., he should have been confronted as soon as they saw him. Not in a hostile manner, but a meet/greet to see what was up. Security is an evolving thing, hopefully folks will incorporate this.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Yes, I agree.

he was known to them, they had provided him with a food handout before. So someone should have stepped in and threw him off with a, “like, what’s up dude? What’s with the fake beard today?”

SlimJim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    US
    OK, so ordinary folks can act as security without being licensed security. This of course has nothing to do with carrying in a church.

Well it does if the church wanted some members to act as armed security. Now they don't have to be regulated by the state board of PIs.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    So, repeal the Texas Criminal Trespass law? Just make it where people who own or manage private property cannot ban people, for any reason?

You are not thinking this through. I am a staunch conservative and 2nd amendment supporter, but I should have the right to control access to my property, and that includes being able to prevent you from carrying a firearm on my property
    You can always tell someone to leave your property, armed or not.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Yes, I agree.

he was known to them, they had provided him with a food handout before. So someone should have stepped in and threw him off with a, “like, what’s up dude? What’s with the fake beard today?”
    And when he says "Oh, nothing. How are you today?" - what do you do?
    In a church setting, barring visually seeing a weapon the most you can do is be alert and be ready.

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    It's a fine line. Churches are supposed to ve welcoming of broken and weird people.

I used to be an usher at a church located in a bad neighborhood. Ushers always would great and seat each person so that everyone was aware of our presence.

There was an incident with a pastor named Daugherty who was attacked while preaching some years ago that reminded us we were to be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.

We'd get people coming in drugged out and we'd seat them to the left and rear of the church and a designated usher would sit in the area. If they'd act out or do anything funny, we'd take them out of there sanctuary in a group of 3-4 and we'd pray for them. Some of these people ended up getting saved.

To this day I serve as an usher. I know several of the pastors carry, as I've shot with them. We have a separate security team and I've never been told not to carry but I've not done it for fear of interfering with the security team's procedures. As an usher I'm part of the eyes and ears for security anyways.

We have quarterly security meetings with ushers, greeters, security and pastors to discuss plans and procedures.

A good that comes from this evil is that every church has been reminded that this can happen anywhere to any place of worship.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Why are you wearing a Trench Coat? It is 72 degrees in here. Why dont we help you check it in the coat room? And what is with the fake beard and wig? Why are you wearing those? And are you happy to see me or is that a PGO shotgun in your pants?
    What does PGO stand for?

Top Bottom