• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SlimJim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    US
    All the news has been reporting Texas changed its laws to allow carry in church, but carry in church has been legal since shortly after Westwood Shooting.

So what are they talking about? Or is it just the usual ignorance.
    My understanding is that churches could still post signs forbidding CC and OC. For churches to have an actual security force, they need to be regulated by TX and have a license. That law recently changed so it is no longer necessary to get that license thru the same board that licenses armed security and PIs. Not 100% sure on that though.

I go to a pretty big church and we have had security in place for at least a decade. Armed uniformed off duty officers, our own armed uniformed security, and plain clothes armed security. The bigger the light, the more moths you attract.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    My understanding is that churches could still post signs forbidding CC and OC.

Yes, that is how it has been since Westwood. Nothing changed there.

For churches to have an actual security force, they need to be regulated by TX and have a license. That law recently changed so it is no longer necessary to get that license thru the same board that licenses armed security and PIs. Not 100% sure on that though

OK, so ordinary folks can act as security without being licensed security. This of course has nothing to do with carrying in a church.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Repeal that, too.
    So, repeal the Texas Criminal Trespass law? Just make it where people who own or manage private property cannot ban people, for any reason?

You are not thinking this through. I am a staunch conservative and 2nd amendment supporter, but I should have the right to control access to my property, and that includes being able to prevent you from carrying a firearm on my property

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    All the news has been reporting Texas changed its laws to allow carry in church, but carry in church has been legal since shortly after Westwood Shooting.

So what are they talking about? Or is it just the usual ignorance.
    They removed Church carry from 46.035....media can't be bothered to know the difference.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I think that was a Case Law interpretation.

I take it that’s for 30.05 (B) (2) (C); I think if the state can take such care is providing specific text such as was done in .06 and .07, the state can do the same by changing that section to require notice by signage to state IAW TPC 30.05, Entry is Forbidden as the only legal posting for that portion of the code.

But again, that can probably be twisted. In that case, I’d probably argue that Article I, Sec. 23 of the Texas Constitution be amended such that it clearly and effectively prohibits the state, by law, from enabling a person, entity, or locality the ability to restrict the free movement of a lawfully armed individual.

And for any nit-picking semantic arguments, the intent is to restrict the state from creating any condition that restricts the Sec 23 Right to Keep and Bear Arms in the lawful defense of himself or the state.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    In that case go with a thigh holster. Lots of options here https://deneadams.com

Of course a bra holster combined with a side boob showing dress might make a fast draw.
    I can’t wear a thigh holster with pants. I wear pants often and dresses often.

the whole point of this side discussion is that it’s pointless to try to have my holster in the same place 100 percent of the time for muscle memory.

Girls are screwed on this issue unless they commit to a uniform of some kind, a static way of dressing. I have to say I give up on the same holster position same way 100 percent of the time. Not possible for the average lady due to unwillingness to commit to one clothing option.

Top Bottom