• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I want it to be that way. A person really should be safe from violence in an educational setting or a house of worship. I think any person who is at least marginally civilized would agree. Unfortunately, there are plenty of sociopaths in the world who just see easy targets.

He’s not seeing anything now.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Thanks for posting. That video is very informative. The church was definitely well armed and that saved a lot of lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most big churches have a “team” that carries during services times. My church has quite a few that carry.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    For the quick draw McGraws out there here's some practice. Put your UNLOADED pistol in it's holster. Put a quarter on the back of your gun hand, palm down, and extend it straight out from your shoulder. Draw, level the gun, and pull the trigger before the quarter hits the ground. When you get that down draw and hit the quarter with your gun on it's way down.

Back when I lived in the mountains where we had an old gravel pit for shooting and if a bullet went astray there was zero danger of it hitting anything expensive... so we stapled a couple of paper plates to trees, took a shot at the first one, it falls down and before it hit the ground, my buddy and I looked at each other, nodded, and then kept firing at the floating plate, keeping it 10, 12 ft in the air for a couple of minutes until there was only the rim of the plate left.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Beto is correct in his eyes. what happened is a travesty it should have been 25 dead to help push his agenda. Damn good guys with guns messed that all up

Anyway, back on topic, the MSM seems to be pushing the "armed security guard" scenario rather than the "good guy with a gun scenario".

And Beto, good grief what a dumbass. Basically saying: See there, what you're doing in Texas isn't working. WTF.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...And Beto, good grief what a dumbass. Basically saying: See there, what you're doing in Texas isn't working. WTF.

In one sense, he’s correct; we should repeal 30.06/30.07, and adopt constitutional carry to enable more good guys to be in more places instead of continuing to discriminate against law-abiding citizens.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Anyway, back on topic, the MSM seems to be pushing the "armed security guard" scenario rather than the "good guy with a gun scenario".

And Beto, good grief what a dumbass. Basically saying: See there, what you're doing in Texas isn't working. WTF.

Both Beto and the media can go f*** themselves.

(and yes, I sanitized my comments before the forum software did so).

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    My only comment on the shooting. When you smell a rat, have the rat poison in your hand.

Kudos all around, a situation that will be studied and critiqued for a long time. Especially for Jack Wilson, a head shot with his adrenaline off the chart, incredible. The other 2 guys had a bigger pair than I do and will admit it. To stand facing a guy with a 12ga pointing at you and drawing your weapon, wow.

SlimJim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    US
    My only comment on the shooting. When you smell a rat, have the rat poison in your hand.

Kudos all around, a situation that will be studied and critiqued for a long time. Especially for Jack Wilson, a head shot with his adrenaline off the chart, incredible. The other 2 guys had a bigger pair than I do and will admit it. To stand facing a guy with a 12ga pointing at you and drawing your weapon, wow.
    Tough to keep up with the comments and news story since I am limited with wifi on vacay out of the country. I agree with you and as someone else said, many will be studying this. I will add that most times drawing on the drop is going to be a losing proposition.
    The story I heard is that the bad guy had received food assistance from church and was upset they didn't give him money when he requested it.
    Church security should have people outside the worship center watching people and looking for anomalies. I am surprised he was able to conceal a shotgun into the worship area. Thankfully more people were not murdered and kudos to Wilson for stopping evil.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    In one sense, he’s correct; we should repeal 30.06/30.07, and adopt constitutional carry to enable more good guys to be in more places instead of continuing to discriminate against law-abiding citizens.
    Then what do you do about 30.05, which would result in the law reverting back to any type of no guns allowed signs to he enforceable?

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MWYBORNY
    Top Bottom