• ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Invoke the three S’s.
    Exactly. IF the need arises, do what you need to do and keep your mouth shut.

I'm a dog lover, and currently own one of these "God Awful dangerous breeds" that I got from a member here on the forum, @Hoji who is one great dog. But even given that, if I was threatened or had one attempt to harm me or my loved ones, I'd drop it in it's tracks.

dx34oGI.jpg

v4qWiEl.jpg

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    My MIL had a asshat for a neighbor who had both a dog and a young Longhorn bull which were both inflicting damage to my MILs herd. My original reaction…… shoot I’m. Glad I delved a bit deeper with both the Sheriff and Animal Control. Both said the offending animals could be “ taken into custody “ and the owner held responsible for damages, but just shooting them would be a felony on my part.
    Definitely go the 3 S route if you decide to put them out of your misery.

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

Question: Can you shoot a dog in Texas? Yes and no. The key word is "justification". IOW's, just like shooting a trespasser on your property, YOU better have justification or it could be a problem.
    I’m a fan of Texas law being thoughtful of animal rights. We have lots of neighbor dogs that roam and despite one being a pos, I’m never tempted to pop an animal let alone a dog unless it’s obviously urgent to do so.
    Exactly. IF the need arises, do what you need to do and keep your mouth shut.

I'm a dog lover, and currently own one of these "God Awful dangerous breeds" that I got from a member here on the forum, @Hoji who is one great dog. But even given that, if I was threatened or had one attempt to harm me or my loved ones, I'd drop it in it's tracks.

dx34oGI.jpg

v4qWiEl.jpg
    Our adopted pit has been an alright girl. She’s enjoying her freedom. Shows her belly now and plays with the other dogs. Hell she will flat out be on her back now and enjoys belly rubs.

Still, she’s from an unknown background and I still have to watch her around kids. I made it clear to the wife that it’s important to reinforce good behavior as I’d rather not be in a situation I’m digging a hole in the pasture.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I’m a fan of Texas law being thoughtful of animal rights. We have lots of neighbor dogs that roam and despite one being a pos, I’m never tempted to pop an animal let alone a dog unless it’s obviously urgent to do so.

Our adopted pit has been an alright girl. She’s enjoying her freedom. Shows her belly now and plays with the other dogs. Hell she will flat out be on her back now and enjoys belly rubs.

Still, she’s from an unknown background and I still have to watch her around kids. I made it clear to the wife that it’s important to reinforce good behavior as I’d rather not be in a situation I’m digging a hole in the pasture.
    Adopting a dog from an unknown background is a 50/50 chance of what the dog's behavior will be.

But many times, the dog's owner is going to be the biggest variable in the equation. The dog's owner has to be the "Alpha" and set boundaries, along with punishment and reward for the dog's behavior.

Personally, I think many dog's owners get certain breeds because they are cool to own, or almost like a fashion statement. Lots of wannabe bad-asses want large breed dogs because they think that those dogs reinforce how cool or tough they are.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Through a total Fruck up on my part I got hand to hand with a ~70 pound pit bull. I probably wouldn’t have shot him as When the deal went down I was 90% I was gonna win. Got out without anybody getting bit, more training, and a new purpose built man- purse (aka Fanny pack). My threat reaction shit was all frucked up. I’ve tightened that shit up though since. That one incident changed my whole self defense mind set. I’ve since gone old school.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    In all honesty, there is not a one answer to all situations when confronting an aggressive dog, regardless of the breed. To be honest, I have had more so-called non-aggressive dog breeds confront me in an aggressive manner than any so-called "dangerous" dog breeds.

We all have to be aware they are out there, and if they are running in a pack, collectively their thinking has gone out the window. Many times, a dog alone might act one way, and in an entirely different way when when running with a pack.

I think we have to respond or react as the situation requires. If the aggressive dog is a threat, then treat it as a threat, and do what is appropriate for that situation.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Adopting a dog from an unknown background is a 50/50 chance of what the dog's behavior will be.

But many times, the dog's owner is going to be the biggest variable in the equation. The dog's owner has to be the "Alpha" and set boundaries, along with punishment and reward for the dog's behavior.

Personally, I think many dog's owners get certain breeds because they are cool to own, or almost like a fashion statement. Lots of wannabe bad-asses want large breed dogs because they think that those dogs reinforce how cool or tough they are.
    Shelter dogs are a crap shoot. Regardless of how good the owner.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Stop blaming the dog breeds! Blame the irresponsible dog owners!

Pit bulls are a vicious dog breed. That is reality.

Ignore it and make excuses all you want, but it only contributes to more idiot owners sticking their fingers in their ears about their stupid choice of pet which then contributes to more pit bull attacks.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Pit bulls are a vicious dog breed. That is reality.

Ignore it and make excuses all you want, but it only contributes to more idiot owners sticking their fingers in their ears about their stupid choice of pet which then contributes to more pit bull attacks.
    Ignorance breeds stupid comments just like this.

I have owned many and several different so-called "vicious" dog breeds, and not one has ever attacked me or anyone once.

A dog's owner is the defining factor in how dogs behave.

But you believe whatever makes you feel better.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Ignorance breeds stupid comments just like this.

I have owned many and several different so-called "vicious" dog breeds, and not one has ever attacked me or anyone once.

A dog's owner is the defining factor in how dogs behave.

But you believe whatever makes you feel better.
    Your anecdotal evidence does not invalidate numerous dog attack studies.

They were bred to be attack dogs. The fact they attack disproportionately should surprise no one.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Your anecdotal evidence does not invalidate numerous dog attack studies.

They were bred to be attack dogs. The fact they attack disproportionately should surprise no one.
    I can read the news just like anyone else. There is no question that they have attacked and killed people, but put the blame where it belongs, on the irresponsible dog owners.

And show some credible sources that prove pit bulls were bred to be attack dogs.

Today’s pit bull is a descendant of the original English bull-baiting dog—a dog that was bred to bite and hold bulls, bears and other large animals around the face and head. When baiting large animals was outlawed in the 1800s, people turned instead to fighting their dogs against each other. These larger, slower bull-baiting dogs were crossed with smaller, quicker terriers to produce a more agile and athletic dog for fighting other dogs.

I'd also seriously question whether you honestly know what a real pit bull is. But it's easy for ill-informed or misinformed people like yourself to make such comments.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Stop blaming the dog breeds! Blame the irresponsible dog owners!

On a walkabout, we encountered an aggressive Rottweiler that was allowed to run loose in our neighborhood... one of our friends lived across the street from the dog, and said nobody would file a report/complaint. That didn't work for me!

If more neighbors would have called in a complaint and if local govt actually did something about it, this man loosing his legs may have been avoided!!!

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    We encountered an aggressive Rottweiler that was allowed to run loose in our neighborhood... one of our friends lived across the street and said nobody would file a report/complaint. That didn't work for me!

If more neighbors would have called in a complaint and if local govt actually did something about it, this may have been avoided!!!
    That's a fault of the neighborhood. If complaints has been made, the animal control officer would have been involved and might have tracked down the irresponsible owners and made them keep the dog contained.

I'd also venture a guess, that in many cases, long before a dog has attacked someone that dog has acted in an aggressive manner towards others. And no one has made a complaint.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Your anecdotal evidence
    Dog owners who pay attention to how dogs work is anecdotal? I think you should read the words definition and read comments over again; follow the discussion better. I get it...the words appealing to use...is this like people on YouTube that got in the habit of saying “platform” to describe guns?

I’m not defending the breed. I’m not a fan of the breed. None of my reasons have anything to do with fear. It’s preference.

As gun owners who get attacked by bs stats...I would think you guys would notice bs stats when you see it.

That’s all. I’m not getting mad or causing a stink. It’s just obvious the information on why dogs attack isn’t completely offered and just like other issues in this country people seem to be selective in what they see.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Lunch asking for a friend.
    After the 2nd or 3rd time naw I ain't seen him
    I herd em back out of my property with my truck. He’s normally with three or four cows.

Once off property they refuse to jump the fence to go home. Lol so they roam down the road to my crackhead neighbor and I find this to be very entertaining. They run around not knowing what to do and freak out. His son who is wanted, once had pest control van come out because he had a snake in his drug dealing trailer. He hid outside like a girl.

Top Bottom