• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Naww I'm scared of dogs but as long as someone else is out there with me in control and telling me what's up I'm good

Ask TexasRedneck I've been to his house many many times his dog to me was huge but after time I petted him
    Learned to love him but would I go to his place unannounced hell naw....

You don't ever have to worry about me stealing from you if you have a dog I fear a dog more than a armed homeowner
    Just want you to be comfortable.

All dogs out there roam but all dogs know me and respond to me.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Well, according to Michael Moore, people don't need guns.

If they are afraid of people breaking in to their homes, they should get a dog.
    Finally got something right just once. I ain't robbing shit with a. Dog don't care if it's a recording of a bark

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    A friend of mine in high school cousin lives lad out by the county dump/ landfill. Y’all know the place we’re every lazy fleck of shit went to dump a dog for whatever reason.

One dog is a problem a true pack that have learned to work together is a massive problem. After a niece got bit up pretty bad and no one seemed to think it was a problem we started hunting them.

When you get multiple dogs charging from different directions you better be ready, ready to reload, shoot to kill and have those with you ready to do the same.

We killed lots of problem dogs and future problems dogs. We shot pregnant bitches and cute puppies, not because we were sadist rather it had to be done. We did it for a couple years year round. Finally word got out to someone who didn’t think it was humane.

We were told we could no longer hunt the dogs or the charges would pile up on us. Those in charge set about poisoning the dogs. It was a problem until the dump was filled & covered.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    I had and raised dogs from age three. Boxer, then German Shepherds, later mixed.

I didn’t train them formally but people couldn’t drive in the gate without having a dog try to eat the windshield unless we admitted them. A wrecker driver tried for over twelve hours to pick up my vehicle almost a mile from my house when I was seventeen. My dog was missing when I got home. After the phone call I whistled and waited and here he, the dog, all thirty five pounds, came.

These dogs roamed free, were friendly to people and were known. It was quasi rural. They never threatened anyone elsewhere but woe to someone that lifted a hand to me. Play fighting, later sparring outside was interesting.

I could kick a pissed off 1700 pound Brangus bull, that never liked me from a calf, in the snout for challenging me. Other people’s dogs, even known dangerous ones liked me. Size helped but dogs “know.”

I wouldn’t hesitate to put down any dog seriously threatening me or someone else much less being attacked. I’ve come close.

Fears, unreasonable or otherwise are to be respected. I’ve conquered any I had except snakes. That one remains in place and has saved me many times.

Fear of animals and it’s suffering can be mitigated but it’s protective of some. Some owners shouldn’t be. Some dogs are just wrong. Their fault or their owners’, at some point it just doesn’t matter.

Okay, to end on a lighter note, I had a couple of coworkers, subordinates but also friends. One had a 90 pound pit. At six months old he chewed a hole in a fence and disappeared. That afternoon he returned with a new toy. There was a 125 pound dog killing shepherd in the neighborhood. The pit played with its head tossing it like a ball until he ate it.

At a year and a half, his owner needed a dog sitter for a week. Our friend and coworker agreed to keep the dog with whom he got along. He was black.

One morning he got up and went to feed the dog but found instead a hole in his metal garage door and no dog.

So, at 5:30 in the morning here’s Larry, in his predominantly black neighborhood, walking around in his robe and fervently calling over and over, “Buckwheat.”

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It says this guy has been attacked twice in a month. Why the hell arent you carrying some kind of weapon after the first attack?

As for the dog breed they get the kill on sight treatment out here. Way too many bad experiences with them as strays or ferals

Kinda makes ya wonder if maybe he has been antagonizing them....

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    Preface to above, at four years age, I was attacked at a friend’s by a dog that I thought I recognized.

That dog chewed my ass but good. I kept my best side to the attacker. My friend’s rough collie interceded and saved my ass, pun unavoidable.

I never developed a fear response to dogs.

Last edited:

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    Kinda makes ya wonder if maybe he has been antagonizing them....

Not really.

We’ve experienced this often.

Some people trigger this response but the dogs have to be predisposed. Others are just predisposed period. Pack behavior is dangerous.

Pack attacks and killings are not uncommon. Chihuahuas, toy poodles on up.

My mother wiped out two packs when we moved to where I grew up. 30 to 40 dogs each. We weren’t allowed outside alone until....

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I once returned home from the store and loaded 6 to 7 bags of groceries on each arm. When I turned around from the truck, there was a grand pyrenees with 3 or 4 other dogs. I've never been scared of dogs, so I postured up in the **** you let's go stance and barked at it. I guess they thought I was more alpha and they turned and ran off. Feeling proud of myself, I turn to go in and see my neighbors starring at me. I was probably know as the crazy white guy after that.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I once returned home from the store and loaded 6 to 7 bags of groceries on each arm. When I turned around from the truck, there was a grand pyrenees with 3 or 4 other dogs. I've never been scared of dogs, so I postured up in the **** you let's go stance and barked at it. I guess they thought I was more alpha and they turned and ran off. Feeling proud of myself, I turn to go in and see my neighbors starring at me. I was probably know as the crazy white guy after that.
    But it worked let em think it Tru that way they leave you alone bwhaaaaaaaaaa my wife's family thinks I'm black militant gun lover no body invited me no where's....
    Works for me

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Data can be twisted for desired results. If you add the type of people who are more prone to owning pit bulls, you will see what’s up.

Pit bulls are very destructive in nature, are not the smartest breed by any means, and they have delicate character. They require good owners that will be alpha without breaking them.

Most if not all the people I stereotype are too retarded and reckless to own them.

The five year old female I adopted is a natural omega. If I wasn’t the alpha, she might not be such a nice dog. People need to understand they are just simple creatures. Gsd’s are a breed I’m very familiar with but think a lot of owners don’t realize what they own. You are god to them or second fiddle. Even when they test you physically.

I’m glad you reminded me of your fear of dogs. If you come out to the course when it’s done it’s going to be a challenge to work with your fear. Remember I don’t own the property or dogs out there but I would hope you can trust if I’m around you will be ok.

If you’re ever up for trying to work on your fear and better read dogs I’m always around to help. I have the perfect dog to help you and won’t make you feel as if you’re taking too big of steps. He’s literally too retarded to be mean. You’re choice. My offer always stands.
    I have never heard of an Airedale mauling anyone.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I have never heard of an Airedale mauling anyone.
    Why? Do you own one? Interesting dog. I have no experience with them. They aren’t on any top type ownership list.

Regardless, labs, golden retrievers, and other common dogs go nuts on people.

I’m actually not a pit fan. I just see an equation that’s wrong. No news source is going to title an article: “Fag wannabe rapper pitbull owner lets child get attacked again”.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    The Great Pyrenees we had was by far the sweetest dog we have ever had. We have had a lot of dogs.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Question: Can you shoot a dog in Texas? Yes and no. The key word is "justification". IOW's, just like shooting a trespasser on your property, YOU better have justification or it could be a problem.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON

Question: Can you shoot a dog in Texas? Yes and no. The key word is "justification". IOW's, just like shooting a trespasser on your property, YOU better have justification or it could be a problem.

Invoke the three S’s.

Top Bottom