• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    All this being said I don't think it should be illegal. I just think it's irresponsible and selfish.

And I'm not going to go out of my way to hurt someone who does it. Just know that I'm judging you.

IM JUDGING YOU!!!!!

LOL
    Guns International

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    All this being said I don't think it should be illegal. I just think it's irresponsible and selfish.

And I'm not going to go out of my way to hurt someone who does it. Just know that I'm judging you.

IM JUDGING YOU!!!!!

LOL

lol. That should put a stop to the practice immediately.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Ok, so you think it's stupid

Would you support "legal" LS in Tx?

Just my .02, but I think a logical case can be made for LS in stopped traffic as a safety issue. So, in that regard I would certainly consider supporting a proposal, depending upon its scope.

CombatM3D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    Fort Worth
    BTW- Just for a little background: When I first got to CA I'd get super-pissed every time someone lane split me. I didn't know it was legal and felt the same way you guys did about it. My last year there I learned to ride (Uncle Sam offered to pay for it for free and give me a day off of work so I said "Why not?").

After a couple months of riding I was competently executing legal lane splits. I went from completely opposed to completely for. A little education and experience does that. Of course some here might say I only support it now that it's convenient for me, and that's fine; I'm not going to bother proving my innocence on that one.

You guys can change your minds, too. You have my permission. :p

Another thing- don't judge all lane splitters by the actions of those crotch-rocket douchebags. Trust me when I say most other bikers hate them at least as much as you do.

I was with you until this part, haha

Not all of us that ride like assholes.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I was with you until this part, haha

Not all of us that ride like assholes.

You know the type I'm talking about. The types who do videos of them wheelieing across the Bay Bridge in San Francisco, think it's funny to shut down traffic on a highway, play games with police, etc. **** them. They give us all a bad image and ruin nice things like lane splitting for everyone. This post is a perfect example of how a few assholes (crotch rocket douchers) can ruin the image of an entire group of people (lane splitters).

This is why we can't have nice things!

Last edited:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    If I'm in the front of the line at a light and a bike pulls in front of me I have to wait for them to start moving before I can.

It's no different than a car.

Unless you want to get into some exhibition of acceleration issues you will most likely not be held back by a motorcycle in front of you, especially if he's being considerate and makes the effort to accelerate quicker than the cars behind him can so he doesn't hold them up.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I've done it for years and years in California. It's not only quicker for me but I also ride a Harley which is air cooled and sitting in Austin traffic with 100+ weather sucks for me and my bike. I sit in line like everyone else as is.

Seems we have a Me! Me! Me! liberal that transplanted to the haven of Austin.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    We've already established LS is for the good of the community, a bike at home because he lane split and got home quicker is one less vehicle on the road, kekeke

That has not been "established", it has only been said. I've yet to see any supporting evidence.

Me driving 100mph to get home quicker doesn't help the community.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Lane splitting is the devil!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410548967.407966.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Interesting study here.

http://roadsafety.transport.nsw.gov.au/stayingsafe/motorcyclists/lanefiltering/faqs.html

It was done in a test area so that travel times and congestion could be tracked. Couple things I noticed:

It did show that it improved the travel time for bikes (hooda thunk it)

Relatively safe under 30km/hr, risk of crashes increases above those speeds

Did not show any relief of congestion or increased traffic flow for other vehicles. Could change with a higher number of riders (although it seems this would also cause risk to increase)

And some other stuff.

So, risk is low if under ~20mph

Isn't doing anything to reduce congestion. Only helps the rider. Stop trying to justify it by saying your helping me.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You say having your vehicle is increasing congestion to the point no being there would make things faster, yet you also say that jumping to the front at a red light has no effect on traffic flow.

How does that vehicle share both properties?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom