Fort Worth

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410551233.137401.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If I'm in the front of the line at a light and a bike pulls in front of me I have to wait for them to start moving before I can.

It's no different than a car.
    ...but it is different. If someone gets in front of you and goes slow then I agree they are a jerk. That applies to any vehicle. Someone moving past you is not adversely effecting you other than apparently hurting your feelings.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I was just talking to my wife. It's 1830 hrs on a Friday, she's northbound on 35E in Lewisville and doing 70mph. Two rice rockets just passed her, both lane splitting at what she estimates to be 140mph. Probably a little exaggeration there...or maybe not, but they blew by her like she was standing still.

This is the kind of lane splitting that is hyper dangerous and only done by fools.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I was just talking to my wife. It's 1830 hrs on a Friday, she's northbound on 35E in Lewisville and doing 70mph. Two rice rockets just passed her, both lane splitting at what she estimates to be 140mph. Probably a little exaggeration there...or maybe not, but they blew by her like she was standing still.

This is the kind of lane splitting that is hyper dangerous and only done by fools.
    Had one do that yesterday. If i had not seen him he would have gotten mashed between me and a tractor trailer.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    If I'm following the rules of the road and a man makes a deliberate decision that costs him his life, I'm going to go home, eat a bowl of ice cream, and sleep like a baby.

During 25 years in the Army I lost more friends to motorcycles than combat.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    If I'm following the rules of the road and a man makes a deliberate decision that costs him his life, I'm going to go home, eat a bowl of ice cream, and sleep like a baby.

Ok, but WHAT kind of ice cream?

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

Can't say that, but a friend, and West Point graduate, I served with sacrificed dreams of a military career by breaking both legs in an off-base motorcycle accident, ultimately leaving him discharged as being unable to meet the physical requirements for active duty.

Shit happens, but what a waste...

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    I did know a Sergeant Major who spent a couple of months in the hospital because he rounded a corner one foggy morning and ran smack into a deer - he managed to call a friend who retrieved the deer and had the meat ready for him when he recovered.

Of course...he was a Sergeant Major...and there was beer involved when he told me...but I choose to believe it :-)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom