Venture Surplus ad

Is the FN FNX 45 Tactical really the bee's knees?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    You fetish is safe with me, you super freak.
    source.gif

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    If having to believe the 1911 played more than a miniscule side role in us winning 2 world wars then I'll gladly leave.

If it had been a FNX, Glock, Beretta, or any other modern handgun I don't think the outcome would have changed much.

I liken it to cheering for your favorite pro sportsball team on the tv and then claiming you were victorious when they win.

I fully support the belief that JMB was a genius though. His contributions are still used to great effect to this day.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    If having to believe the 1911 played more than a miniscule side role in us winning 2 world wars then I'll gladly leave.

If it had been a FNX, Glock, Beretta, or any other modern handgun I don't think the outcome would have changed much.

I liken it to cheering for your favorite pro sportsball team on the tv and then claiming you were victorious when they win.

I fully support the belief that JMB was a genius though. His contributions are still used to great effect to this day.
    Logic be damned
    Let me be a fan boi dammit

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Man I'm just giving y'all a hard time.. I truly love my 1911s
    But there are other very good guns out there..
    Since the surgery I'm carrying a xds 3.5 In 45
    Cause it's light. I have a sccy ruger 380..

It's what works..
    But it's a question of style. Jus sayin
    DON'T MATTER WHAT YOU CARRY AS LONG AS YOU CARRY....

PS I LOVE GOLDWINGS. TAKE THAT

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Man I'm just giving y'all a hard time.. I truly love my 1911s
    But there are other very good guns out there..
    Since the surgery I'm carrying a xds 3.5 In 45
    Cause it's light. I have a sccy ruger 380..

It's what works..
    But it's a question of style. Jus sayin
    DON'T MATTER WHAT YOU CARRY AS LONG AS YOU CARRY....

PS I LOVE GOLDWINGS. TAKE THAT
    Only 1911 guys have hard times.

Hard times figuring out why their gun keeps having FTF's:eek:

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Listen, when i carry a gun, i dont want some kind hearted, intimate piece of machinery.

I want a soulless, death dealing monster that leaves on despair and agony in its wake.

It's no accident that Gaston Glock is Austrian.
    Tru dat brother but you want me to handle a Austrian man
    Women hell yes but 13 snitzengrubiens is my limit

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Great gun - problem is that parts are unobtanium, the aftermarket is non-existent, and when parts are available they're expensive. I wish I could carry my m9-a2, but between not being able to mount a dot and inability to get replacement parts if I need it's just a range toy.
    I Reject all fierams the have a large after market for parts. Why? why do they need so many parts? Great firearms don't require butt loads of add on or replaced parts. Just my wooden nickels worth.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I Reject all fierams the have a large after market for parts. Why? why do they need so many parts? Great firearms don't require butt loads of add on or replaced parts. Just my wooden nickels worth.
    I mean, people will sell ANYTHING.

An aftermarket, big or small really doesn't mean anything.

A glock isn't better or worse than anything else just because you can but a trigger pin from 14 different companies instead of just one

avgatbest

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2022
    Dallas

How about sights - try finding specific height sights for a firearm other than Sig, Glock, or M&P....getting your slide cut for an optic and don't want the "suppressor height" sighs to take up half the window? SOL if you're rocking a gun with limited support and difficult to find parts. I had a hard enough time trying to find sight for a P320 that wouldn't occlude the hell out of the window after getting my slide(s) cut for optics.

How about magazines? Even Sig mags were difficult to get for a long time and are expensive...M&P, CZ, etc have had their availability issues in the past and all have pricey mags.

Want a magwell? How about a mag extension for the range? How about an aftermarket magazine for the range so you can preserve your OEM jobs for carry or duty?

I could go on, but I don't think I need to - I'm not talking about fancy aftermarket triggers (although it's nice to have options) and whatnot....just stuff that normally gets tossed around when buying a new gun.

I guess if you're not a red dot person and you don't care about buying mags or using extensions for the range and all that then aftermarket and overall parts availability is meaningless...but even a lot of Glock OEM parts (like trigger components for example) are getting damn near impossible to find...

Just my wooden nickels worth.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    As far as I know there is more than one kind of handgun made.
    So EACH can have their chosen preferred one.
    At least for now.

Top Bottom