Guns International

Is the FN FNX 45 Tactical really the bee's knees?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dartsinsa

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2018
    Katy, TX
    I have one in FDE. It is a pretty sweet shooter, and two mags are 17 rounders, which is a lot of 45 acp on tap.
    The only issue I have is it is just a tad too big for my short stubby paws.
    I actually have a few safe queens I should consider letting go....including a Baer TRS....

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have one in FDE. It is a pretty sweet shooter, and two mags are 17 rounders, which is a lot of 45 acp on tap.
    The only issue I have is it is just a tad too big for my short stubby paws.
    I actually have a few safe queens I should consider letting go....including a Baer TRS....
    Sell that Thunder Ranch Special to Sterling.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I'm gonna put this in Nutnfancy terms.. For 2nd cool yes.. for 1st cool there are pistols that do it way better for way less money.

2nd cool is having something because it looks cool or you like the way it looks. Like the MP5... There are tons of guns that do what the MP5 does and better, but the 2nd cool is undeniable.

Since you sold your home in cali and have a millino dollars to spend **** it.. why not? Otherwise I'll outshoot that FN with any canik I have. ;-)

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    If I didn't already have a cz97 I would consider one. I love. 45acp and da/sa. Not a big polymer fan but I dig the esthetics of the FN pistols.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I'm gonna put this in Nutnfancy terms.. For 2nd cool yes.. for 1st cool there are pistols that do it way better for way less money.

2nd cool is having something because it looks cool or you like the way it looks. Like the MP5... There are tons of guns that do what the MP5 does and better, but the 2nd cool is undeniable.

Since you sold your home in cali and have a millino dollars to spend **** it.. why not? Otherwise I'll outshoot that FN with any canik I have. ;-)
    On the Mp5, not really. The options are an Mp5, stribog a3, calico, LWRC SMG, sig mpx or a CMMG RDB.

The Mp5 is the only real option. The mpx is second closest, but it's made by sig, not fun when suppressed, and sig will absolutely pull the rug out from under you,like they did to first gen mpx owners

Blow back guns are not in the same class, the CZ scorpion, 9mm Ak's, 9mm AR's, vector, ruger charger, all the B+T guns... They might not be bad, but they do not rate when compared to a well made and designed delayed blowback system

Last edited:

or.slacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    US
    Yes, I love my fnx, and with an osprey attached it's truly amazing. I've had mine for a long time, no issues, and really accurate with the tall night sites. But she is massive to carry. I actually carry it in a shoulder holster with the can on. But I'm a big dude....

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    On the Mp5, not really. The options are an Mp5, stribog a3, calico, LWRC SMG, sig mpx or a CMMG RDB.

The Mp5 is the only real option. The mpx is second closest, but it's made by sig, not fun when suppressed, and sig will absolutely pull the rug out from under you,like they did to first gen mpx owners

Blow back guns are not in the same class, the CZ scorpion, 9mm Ak's, 9mm AR's, vector, ruger charger, all the B+T guns... They might not be bad, but they do not rate when compared to a well made and designed delayed blowback system

So the AR9 with a 10 inch barrel is less capable than an MP5 while being half or less the weight. Got it.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    Yes, I love my fnx, and with an osprey attached it's truly amazing. I've had mine for a long time, no issues, and really accurate with the tall night sites. But she is massive to carry. I actually carry it in a shoulder holster with the can on. But I'm a big dude....

Dude you’re the first person I’ve heard who carried with a can attached to their daily carry. That’s awesome. :laughing:

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    So the AR9 with a 10 inch barrel is less capable than an MP5 while being half or less the weight. Got it.
    An mp5 weighs about 6lbs. Most ar9's are 5-7lbs, and a CZ scorpion is about 6-7lbs

The AR9 is less durable, less reliable. An AR9 has ergonomics and easier ability to mount optics. The Mp5 is still very modular and can be set up with whatever your heart desires.

The Mp5 is a far smoother shooting gun, it makes blowback guns feel like jackhammers.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom