Venture Surplus ad

Is the FN FNX 45 Tactical really the bee's knees?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Its ok, for what is functionally a prettied up hipoint

tenor.gif
    Guns International

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    An mp5 weighs about 6lbs. Most ar9's are 5-7lbs, and a CZ scorpion is about 6-7lbs

The AR9 is less durable, less reliable. An AR9 has ergonomics and easier ability to mount optics. The Mp5 is still very modular and can be set up with whatever your heart desires.

The Mp5 is a far smoother shooting gun, it makes blowback guns feel like jackhammers.

I've fired @grumper MP5 twice. It is not 6 pounds. Have you ever held one? It's about 8 pounds. My full size AR is lighter. NEVER trust the spec sheet on the website they almost always lie about weight.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    my fnx is on the list of never sell

Oh wait all my guns are on that list :)

Its more accurate than I am

no hard recoil more like a push back

Never had an issue with it. I think people who clam they are riddled with problems have never owned one and go by what they read on the internet and we know it its on the net its true.

I got it the first year they were out and have never noticed it getting soft/melting in the heat here in TX not that its ever that hot here lol.

With my monster paws it fits very well.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You should especially avoid “tactical” training. I am pretty sure in involves a lot of black leather restraints ( cause if it is painted/dyed black is is even moar tactical) a ball gag and an obstacle course in the men’s room of a Flying J.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I dry-fired a few of the FNX models at the NRA show last month and the triggers seemed better than you'd expect for a gun in this category. Worth going to the next step -- find a range that rents them or someone who'll let you run a mag through theirs.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    For the money I’ll take a CZ97. Oh wait I did.

I’m not big enough to comfortably carry the FNX. So it’s a range toy which meant I bought the all metal pistol and love it.

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    My opinion, nothing more.

Comparing 3 comparable, double stack .45 guns, the FNX, the HK 45, and the CZ97.

The CZ feels good in your hand. The HK feels awesome! The FNX feels like a square cactus, better wear gloves.

The CZ has a trigger that can be as sweet as the best 1911 you’ve ever shot. The HK, more of a combat trigger. The FNX is a square cactus. Does a cactus have a trigger?

Top Bottom