Lynx Defense

How has your firearm preferences changed over the years?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    My two real preference changes have been from quantity to quality and I no longer sell or trade away firearms.

The latter is more of a function of the former in that I’m now more likely to buy ‘forever’ guns, each with its own purpose to fulfill for me.

Same here, the volume has decreased considerably. Actually, I haven't bought a firearm in almost two years. The last one was a Webly Mk I revolver with a bird's head grip. Before that it was two Heritage Rough Riders, not exactly "quality" but fun plinkers.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    "Fudds", whatever that means, are gun owners, too. Divide and conquer, that's how they'll get us.

“But THEY started it!”

1ec1252599f622d0193d3d324c700c29.jpg

Attachments

• 1ec1252599f622d0193d3d324c700c29.jpg
      1ec1252599f622d0193d3d324c700c29.jpg
      15.7 KB · Views: 334

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Growing up all I was interested in was rifles. Mostly lever and bolt actions. Thought Mini14s were cool, tho.
    Tried a few pistols, but didn't care for it.

Bought my first pistol in 2008... I always thought if I were to buy a pistol, it'd be a Beretta 92 since I liked the way they looked and that's what the military used. Somehow my first pistol was a Sig, and I was bit... Shortly after that I had bought nearly ever variant of W. German Sig available. I finally did get a Beretta 92, but it sucked compared to the Sigs ;)

I was a hammer fired pistol elitist for awhile until I tried out an M&P. Now there's several nice striker fired pistols on the market, and I'm no longer a hammer elitist. Still hate Glocks, tho.

I hated the M16 they gave me to qualify with in basic, so I assumed I hated AR15s, too. Holy shit was I wrong :laughing: Now I don't see the point (other than fun/collectability) in owning any rifle that isn't an AR.

For the past few years all I've shot is pistols.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I pretty much like everything. However, I have enough of the modern stuff that I am interested in older things now. My pocket book cant handle it though.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Instead of needlessly taking your guns out on a boat......how about you just enjoy them for a few weeks and legally pass them on to another Texas resident? No BOS......just check valid ID or LTC......that's how I got rid of all of mine.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Instead of needlessly taking your guns out on a boat......how about you just enjoy them for a few weeks and legally pass them on to another Texas resident? No BOS......just check valid ID or LTC......that's how I got rid of all of mine.
    Probably better that they rust at the bottom of a lake than to possibly get into the hands of criminals.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    For awhile my only centerfire rifles were an M1 carbine and a tapco'd sks.

I used to think that ARs sucked, and my dear tapco'd sks was the best rifle ever

As it turns out, tapco isn't exactly the leader in firearms engineering, and that Eugene Stoner dude was pretty damn clever

As far as what i own, and will own. I just find things that catch my fancy. Last gun i bought was a ruger GP100 and the next "firearm" will be a LaRue ultimate upper.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My firearm preferences change every other week. It makes saving up for new guns interesting. What I want one week might be different the next. I guess that's my ADHD coming out.

There is no particular type of gun that I dislike enough to not buy, except maybe SNSs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    My firearm preferences change every other week. It makes saving up for new guns interesting. What I want one week might be different the next. I guess that's my ADHD coming out.

There is no particular type of gun that I dislike enough to not buy, except maybe SNSs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Gun ADD is a real affliction. It does make saving hard, especially when Primary Arms keeps having awesome sales.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom