How has your firearm preferences changed over the years?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    When I was a kid all my firearms were American made. In the last few decades I've bought weapons from Germany, Italy and the Czech Republic to name a few.
    Texas SOT

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    open to everything
    mask.jpg

Really?

Attachments

• mask.jpg
      mask.jpg
      6.9 KB · Views: 325

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    When I first got into guns back in the 1900's, around 1974 or so, I was all about revolvers. Later on, Gaston came out with a gun that really interested me. The guy on the TV news said it was plastic and could go through a metal detector. Well, I had to have one of those.
    This began my love affair with Glocks. I didn't really care that they were not very pretty, I liked 'em because they worked. A few years ago I started coming back around to revolvers again.
    But, in about the last 5 years, I have become interested in inexpensive guns that work. When I pay over $500 for a gun, I expect it to work. If I can find a gun for less than $250 that works, I'm a happy boy.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    My first gun was a 1943 Underwood M1 Carbine when I was 19, and after that I bought pistols. At first just polymer ones, Walther p22, pk380 and a ppq. Then I got a steal on an unfired P1. That was my first all metal pistol. After that I wanted a wonder 9 CC, so I got the PPS. My rifles were lacking at this point. I couldn't count on my 75 year M1 Carbine in a bind, so I got a IWI Tavor SAR in 5.56. I decided I wanted more metal guns, so I bought a Sig p226 Legion SAO, p229 Nitron and p938 Legion. PCC came next, with a CZ Scorpion Evo S1. Everything from the Walthers to now is from 2015. Now I need to shore up the rifles a bit more. Need a good bolt in big bore and rimfire, also want a 1911 and at least 1 wheel gun. I should also note, I was in a tragic boating accident yesterday and lost all those firearms.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I've gotten bit bad by the revolver bug over the last year. If I weren't buying up AR parts, I'd have one by now.

Incidentally enough, shooting semi-auto rifles for me has been kind of a "meh" experience. I like the process of AR building more than shooting them I think.

Haha you have jokes, but you probably dont know about the "CADOJ handgun safety roster"
    It is so restrictive on what handguns are allowed i was able to sell Steyr M9 for $900 because it wasn't on the list. Making it almost unobtainable.

My Para P14 $900

I'd never even heard of canik.

There are so many more sig models available.

I'm like a kid in a candy store now.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

That stupid roster has made several LEOs some nice spending money in the PRK.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    What's a Fudd gun?
    Think Elmer Fudd.

Basically old school type firearms. A wood stocked hunting rifle with a cheap but serviceable scope in a classic hunting caliber, a lever 30-30, a basic 1911 or 38 Special revolver, or a basic pump shotgun.

What the guy that says "I support the 2nd Amendment but......." owns.

While it is somewhat derogatory I consider it more of a classification of firearms.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    My first gun was a RG26 in 25 Auto. Let me just say I started buying better firearms as soon as I threw that one out. Yet, somehow on a crazed nostalgic mood swing, I bought another one about a year or so ago - still garbage. Anyway, when i started buying guns in earnest at age 24 I bought what I could afford and that had a reputation of working. I like working guns for whatever purpose be it plinking, target shooting, self-defense and they do not need to be very expensive with all the bells and whistles - they just need to be functional on a basic level. I also like variety, after all - it is the spice of life.

I pretty much have stuck with that over the years whether a gun is a: Ruger 10/22; a dreaded black rifle (I have one AR); a kind of, sort of almost commie gun (have a AK47 - 100% made in the US of A); a blued steel revolver (real men shoot those or so a buddy of mine used to say quite frequently) like a Colt Detective Special (first version); or a Mauser Chileno 1895; a 22 bolt action rifle made of steel and wood (love my 22s but must say I do not shoot them as much as I used to); a 12 gauge pump gun; a RIA 1911; a Remington Model 31 16 gauge pump gun; a Glock 30 (or 26); or a Marlin 1936 (aka: 36); or a Mosin Nagant M44; or a Beretta 92 series pistol; or a Browning 81' BLR Lightweight; on and on and on. Did I mention I like variety. I guess the one big change over the years (that already came about decades ago) was that I now buy a lot of older guns. I still buy new but I like the heft and the lines of older guns and I guess I like the fact they are as old or older than me; it's a nostalgia thing for times when I believe things were made to last and for things from those times.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    If you have to ask you probably own them!
    I don't believe there is such a thing as a Fudd gun except maybe in cartoons. Saying one gun is a Fudd gun and saying or implying another is a gun of - what - a superior gun owner is shameful in my estimation. Sadly, I used the term in a negative context on very rare occasion before but I have thought better of it and no longer do so because it really is not right to demean others because their responsible and legal use of guns and tastes in guns is different than another persons. It's a pity that any gun owner would even refer to a gun as such and thus one could cause others to draw the implication that anyone who owns them is a Fudd, which is almost always meant in a negative connotation. It divides us when indeed we should be united in a common cause to protect the RKBA.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I don't believe there is such a thing as a Fudd gun except maybe in cartoons. Saying one gun is a Fudd gun and saying or implying another is a gun of - what - a superior gun owner is shameful in my estimation. Sadly, I used the term in a negative context on very rare occasion before but I have thought better of it and no longer do so because it really is not right to demean others because their responsible and legal use of guns and tastes in guns is different than another persons. It's a pity that any gun owner would even refer to a gun as such and thus one could cause others to draw the implication that anyone who owns them is a Fudd, which is almost always meant in a negative connotation. It divides us when indeed we should be united in a common cause to protect the RKBA.
    Can't say I've taken "Fudd gun" in a negative connotation. It's an era of firearms. M1 Garand, etc etc. Nothing wrong with them, they're just a different era of firearms and it's very obvious, also immortalized by a cartoon character that has been enjoyed by millions.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Can't say I've taken "Fudd gun" in a negative connotation. It's an era of firearms. M1 Garand, etc etc. Nothing wrong with them, they're just a different era of firearms and it's very obvious, also immortalized by a cartoon character that has been enjoyed by millions.

Then my apology to baboon if it was not meant as a negative. Where I came from, it was almost always used in a negative nasty connotation. Sorry to have digressed from the original intent of this thread.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Fudds are generally guys who would sell AR/assualt type weapons down the road to keep the over & under. Big Ruger proved to be a Fudd when he refused to sell high capicty magazines for the Mini 14's he had sold

Top Bottom