Capitol Armory ad

How has your firearm preferences changed over the years?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I don't believe there is such a thing as a Fudd gun except maybe in cartoons. Saying one gun is a Fudd gun and saying or implying another is a gun of - what - a superior gun owner is shameful in my estimation.
    In the context of my previous post, I was using the term Fudd gun to describe a style of firearm, just as I used the term evil black gun to describe a style of firearm.

I don't disparage folks that only own the one style of firearm. That's not what makes them Fudd. No more than someone who owns only AR 15 rifles or polymer handguns makes them evil. It is the gun owner that thinks firearms are only for hunting. The one that owns a 30-06 bolt action rifle, a 6 shot revolver, and a 12 gauge shotgun for duck or dove hunting and thinks that no one else should own a semiauto rifle with 30 round mags or an auto pistol with 17 round capacity. The gun owners willing to sacrifice other's gun rights to save their own interests. That's what defines a Fudd to me.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    From 2004 to 2012 I was a big C&R firearm guy. I wanted everything and anything C&R from different countries especially if the firearm was used in combat. Originally I started off as a Bubba and became a purist towards the end of my collection. Now with my C&R expired (and all of my firearms lost in the boating accident) I pass on most of the older firearms and focus on what I think I need to defend my home or family rather than what I think I want. I typically now only buy C&R firearms if it fits in the category of something I already do not have or if it is uber-rare. I see Classicarms selling Enfield No.4's for $500 and Mosins for $300+.... I remember I bought these for $99 and $45 respectively back in the day.

I shoot lots and lots of 9mm, 5.56, 12 ga and .308 these days and leave the 7.62x54R, 8mm, and 7.5 x55 stored in spam cans to grow in value for a later date.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    "Fudd guns" and those who own them and "Fudds" are hopefully two different things here. I own a shit ton of what y'all describe as "Fudd" guns, some going back to the mid 20th century and some outstanding firearms and still plenty workable.

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Started out under the guise that a double action auto was what the best, realized one day that the single action Auto was what I want.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Fudds are heretics. They should be ridiculed.
    They will gladly throw you and your gun preferences under the bus to keep the heat off of their precious turdy-turdy or $87,000 over-n-under.
    Stupid dolts refuse to acknowledge that one day the anti’s WILL come for their guns too.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    You tell me. I have rifles that some Fudds may own, but I don't call them Fudd guns, I call them fun guns.

I evidently have no idea what Fudd guns are then. I don't use the term myself.

My presumption was that wood stock hunting guns, and shotguns, fit the description.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom