• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • getndirty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    NW Houston/Tomball
    I wound up at Shiloh yesterday evening..about an hour before closing. Didn't think I'd get any range time in - had a tree fall on my house Wednesday afternoon. It's looking like a coordinated range day mid/late Feb for me.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Sorry to hear that. How bad is the damage?

I'm adjacent to Trinity RA property. Called them months ago about dead/dying trees that could reach my house if they fell. They tagged 'em within a week but nothings happened. Called them Friday and they said the power company was gonna take 'em since they could reach lines as well. Supposed to start removing this week.

getndirty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    NW Houston/Tomball
    Rough estimates are $30k-$60k and 4-6 weeks to complete repairs. Could have been a lot worse, I'm counting my blessings. By the way - USAA and their contractors kick ass...just thought everyone should know that.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Your neighbors likin' the blue roof? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sounds pretty extensive. Is it liveable?

getndirty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    NW Houston/Tomball
    The blue roof is the $hit! I'm thinking of telling them to skip the shingles and just do the whole thing in tarp...that's a badass plan!

Yeah, it's definitely liveable - security isn't much of an issue - I packed all the valuables up and carted them either to storage or a friends house for the duration. Swapping all locks to the garage out for double-cylinder and leaving the Dillon XL650 set up though - gotta have something to keep me busy.

getndirty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    NW Houston/Tomball
    Oh, I am going to hire the electrician to install two 1000 watt (or more) directional lights on the back corners of my house - as long as my neighbors see fit to light up my back yard with their night lights, I feel compelled to return the favor. :D

I've asked repeatedly that they change the aim on their light, shield it or cut them off after a reasonable hour.../rant

getndirty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    NW Houston/Tomball
    Get some focusing mirrors. Use THEIR electricity to annoy them

LMAO - I like the way you think...but I was thinking of doing something along the lines of this:
    41rbhIRhrdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

HellSteed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Cypress
    I shoot at Hot Wells quite often. Never had an issue with the potholes since I drive a truck. I just don't like that they do the target change every hour since I don't bring an hour's worth of rounds for my FAL and don't feel like sitting there for half an hour to get my target.

Is anyone planning on going to Hot Wells today or next week(end)? I almost have my sight zeroed and I would like to put some more rounds through my new PX4.

Top Bottom