• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Try to comprehend that what's trivial to some is not trivial to others. And it's not necessarily a matter of getting pissed off, but one of being disgusted with where this country is headed, and the fucking laziness towards learning simple English. I guess you are ok with our language degrading into something akin to Ebonics.
    You sound nothing like Shakespeare...

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Slightly off-topic, but has anyone else noticed the new prevalence of the use of the word "that"? I've noticed it, particularly in the tactical shooting arena, when the specific emphasis on a particular object isn't necessary. A couple of examples:

- You need to get that front sight aligned...
    - You should position that holster...
    - A proper shooting stance allows you to achieve that necessary stability...

In none of these examples is there a need to distinguish any one thing from another. I guess people just think it sounds tacticool or something. LOL

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Slightly off-topic, but has anyone else noticed the new prevalence of the use of the word "that"? I've noticed it, particularly in the tactical shooting arena, when the specific emphasis on a particular object isn't necessary. A couple of examples:

In none of these examples is there a need to distinguish any one thing from another. I guess people just think it sounds tacticool or something. LOL

Sadly I think you're right, it's just tacticool bs. It is rather annoying.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Here's another tip: heighth is not a word. It's height.

Yet once in common use, particularly in prose of English writer's of the 17th, 18th and into the 19th century, as well as being regional in the UK to this day.

How many say "breadth" any longer?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

heh. It's less personal. "That" front sight sucks! Sounds more PC than, "Your" front site sux!

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas

Unnecessary use of the word "just" and use of an adverb to end a sentence. "I guess people think it sounds tacticool or something similar".:roflsmile:

Top Bottom