• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    And I hope "Tony2" is watching because he recently made this mistake THREE times in ONE post. LOL

The contraction of could have is could've, and while it phonetically sounds like could of, the use of could of is nothing but crappy grammar. Obviously (or at least one would hope, but around here I'm not too sure), the same goes for should've and would've.

/rant

:)
    Lynx Defense

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I would of kept on with ma learnins but Pa needed me on the farm. The goats should of breeded without me so I could of gone to collage.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    engrish is my second ranguage. don't hate.

1e0fd501074885b154ce168b50f859c1.jpg

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    And I hope "Tony2" is watchin cuz he recently made dis **** up THREE times up in ONE post. LOL

Da contraction of could have is could've, n' while it phonetically soundz like could of, tha use of could of is not a god damn thang but crappy grammar. Shiiit, dis aint no joke. Obviously (or at least one would hope yo, but round here I aint too sure), tha same goes fo' should've n' would've.

/rant

Had to Gizoogle the OP, but now I understand.
    :laughing:

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Thanks for pointing that out Pete. I no I should of not quit school in the sixth grade.

I almost started my OP with "Shut up, Chuck" because I fucking knew you would be the first one to make a smartass comment.

Our country is rotting around us with the influx of illegal aliens, and we bitch and moan about how they can't, nor want to, speak English....does no one even have the least bit of pride left in our language?

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    40Arpent, do you feel as strongly about spelling as you do grammar?

Yes, but I, just like everyone else, am prone to mistakes. And I can take it on the chin when someone corrects me, and I appreciate it.

To all the smartasses, let's just keep dumbing down the English language until it sounds like Ebonics.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    And I hope "Tony2" is watching because he recently made this mistake THREE times in ONE post. LOL

The contraction of could have is could've, and while it phonetically sounds like could of, the use of could of is nothing but crappy grammar. Obviously (or at least one would hope, but around here I'm not too sure), the same goes for should've and would've.

/rant

:)
    There, their, they're 40. It will be ok.

Ha

Top Bottom