Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Right.

I hate to see some twist the words of Jesus.

He condemned all sin. He didnt want the adulterer stoned but did indeed rebuke her sin and told her to sin no more.

Sin is indeed to be judged and called out (especially within the church), what we cant do is condemn people.

As others have mentioned many things which churches and our common culture once considered a sin (in most cases), are now celebrated. Drunkenness, laziness, gluttony, adultery...

Yes Jesus was a radical but he didnt come to tell us everything was cool like some hippie messiah. He came and told us to repent, be born again and to sin no more.

I greatly appreciate my Christian brothers here and I appreciate all who are willing to have these conversations.
    Yo Matt - we need to have a conversation.

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    All you guys that live close... Gosh... Reminds me of when I was in college station...
    Nearest I am to someone besides charlie is probably Dallas 6hrs

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    That was a little out of left field.
    But I agree. There's very little coming from Hollywood that is good. We rarely get a chance to watch them anyways.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I hate to see some twist the words of Jesus.

Sad, isn't it?

He condemned all sin. He didnt want the adulterer stoned but did indeed rebuke her sin and told her to sin no more.

Yes Jesus was a radical but he didnt come to tell us everything was cool like some hippie messiah. He came and told us to repent, be born again and to sin no more.

Exactly. Nonbelievers think He was a laid back guy who nonchalantly suggested to keep the sin on the DL. He flipped tables over because tax collectors were conducting business in a sacred establishment. The son of God was no pushover.

I greatly appreciate my Christian brothers here and I appreciate all who are willing to have these conversations.

I'm not afraid to speak up for my Christian faith. Neither should anybody else. It's our duty to put on our armor daily and protect ourselves against those people and things that mean to do us harm while at the same time spread the Good Word.

-PAK-

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    All you guys that live close... Gosh... Reminds me of when I was in college station...
    Nearest I am to someone besides charlie is probably Dallas 6hrs

For Texas driving distances, 6 hrs is practically *next door*. :)

Hell, it can take a good 100 miles to just get from one side of the Houston metroplex to the other side (i.e. Galveston to Willis).

880 miles from the TX-LA border to the TX-NM border along I-10. I remember how painful that used to be when they strictly enforced the 55 mph speed limit. :(

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX

Hell, it can take a good 100 miles to just get from one side of the Houston metroplex to the other side (i.e. Galveston to Willis).

880 miles from the TX-LA border to the TX-NM border along I-10. I remember how painful that used to be when they strictly enforced the 55 mph speed limit. :(
    Haha. Man, I'm glad I didn't drive back when it was 55mph.
    Ya, I think we could drive 16hours straight south and still not leave the state lol

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Sad, isn't it?

Exactly. Nonbelievers think He was a laid back guy who nonchalantly suggested to keep the sin on the DL. He flipped tables over because tax collectors were conducting business in a sacred establishment. The son of God was no pushover.

I'm not afraid to speak up for my Christian faith. Neither should anybody else. It's our duty to put on our armor daily and protect ourselves against those people and things that mean to do us harm while at the same time spread the Good Word.

-PAK-
    Tru_dat

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

This. I routinely drive for work from Austin to Dallas and/or Houston since it's 3 hrs-ish vs. flying (which would take LONGER by the time I park, wait, check-in, etc.). $.56/mi doesn't hurt, either. Recently, though, I've been going to Allen/Frisco, and that's ALMOST my limit for flying simply because traffic can add an hour and the distance is another half hour. Were I having to go to Clear Lake/Friendswood, I might fly there, too.

Houston to LA the halfway point is El Paso, give or take (750 miles from Houston to El Paso, 800 more to LA).

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    stop giving hollywood your money. they're just gonna use it to morally bankrupt America.

Yep. I prefer to help morally bankrupt America during the summer in front of giant screens, preferably with a nice SoCo on the rocks at the local Moviehouse Grill with the wife. In the fall I like to give my money to morally bankrupt America via arthouse films on pay per view while laying on my comfy sofa, with a fat wiener dog in turn laying on my chest or trying to steal my popcorn right out of my hand. Its a hard job morally bankrupting America, but someone has to do it.
    :drummer:

Last edited:

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    They also did this to a flag.

e8y5ypu2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    they deserve to be strangled with that shitrag.

Since when is advocating homicide like that a good idea?

Yeah, they did something that's both fuckin' retarded and possibly illegal - but do they deserve to die for it? **** no they don't. You -really- need to tone your shit down before your mouth writes a check your ass can't cash. And I -sincerely- hope you don't talk like that in real-life, 'cause if you do, eventually you're going to get decked for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom