There herrrrrreee

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Your choice.
    But that's not the word I follow. Hence, I have a problem with polygamy, homosexuality, adultery, etc....
    If you have no problem with it, your choice. How is that hard?

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    That's old testament. Not new

So are most of the references to stoning and killing those who are homosexual. Are we into picking and choosing now? That's so much more convenient.

The New Testament Jesus wouldn't be referring to anyone in a derogatory manner by calling them fags, felchers, etc.

Sinners, perhaps, but even Jesus himself never took a recorded stand on homosexuality - only on whether and how to punish a woman accused of adultery (notice the man in that equation wasn't similarly "tried"). That resulted in quite a different outcome for those involved, too, and I expect that would be similar today.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Yeah, Jesus told her to stop doing it because it's a sin. He would have said the same thing about homosexuality.

He also said he didn't come to change law he came to fulfill it.

Mathew 5:17

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Yeah, Jesus told her to stop doing it because it's a sin. He would have said the same thing about homosexuality.

I couldn't have said it better.

We will all be judged in the end, plain and simple. If something has to be debated about whether it's right or wrong, it's probably wrong. Ultimately, each individual will have to answer for everything they do.

-PAK-

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Yep. People can try as hard as they want to justify something. If it's wrong, it's wrong.
    Just like divorce. Totally accepted and normal nowadays... Sin

I am by no means perfect. I cuss, drink too much occasionally, fib, make bad jokes, hot girl walked by? Yep, I checked her out.....
    But I try my best and have conviction for it.

Last edited:

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    No need, really.

Eli
    It's been said by countless pastors and preachers that Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Romans are really the only books one needs to be saved. All others are supplemental and informative.

-PAK-

Last edited:

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    So are most of the references to stoning and killing those who are homosexual. Are we into picking and choosing now? That's so much more convenient.

The New Testament Jesus wouldn't be referring to anyone in a derogatory manner by calling them fags, felchers, etc.

Sinners, perhaps, but even Jesus himself never took a recorded stand on homosexuality - only on whether and how to punish a woman accused of adultery (notice the man in that equation wasn't similarly "tried"). That resulted in quite a different outcome for those involved, too, and I expect that would be similar today.

Paraphrasing some comic I saw a few years back...

"Well, if you were to believe the things written about him, he spent all his time hanging around with 12 other dudes with few (if any) women around. Coincidence or just an early "don't ask, don't tell"?"

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Paraphrasing some comic I saw a few years back...

"Well, if you were to believe the things written about him, he spent all his time hanging around with 12 other dudes with few (if any) women around. Coincidence or just an early "don't ask, don't tell"?"

Don't forget the prostitutes that reportedly financed his ultra liberal agenda. He also had a thing for providing free healthcare.

What would Jesus do? Well, when it came to capitalism, throwing tables and whipping people wasn't out of the realm of possibilities.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    So back to our embassy employees choosing to flaunt a particular perversion in the face of another nation...

Radical Mormon can raise the "polygamist" flag next I guess?
    Those polygamist would agree with you about gay marriage :laughing:
    You like traditional marriage right? Polygamy is pretty darn traditional. Been around since forever.

...back to our embassy. The only flag that should be flown is the US one. This is all levels of stupid.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    ...back to our embassy. The only flag that should be flown is the US one. This is all levels of stupid.

I predict it will not be long before we fly a Mexican flag under/alongside the US flag at some federal property in Texas or the southwest.

-- Mike

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    I predict it will not be long before we fly a Mexican flag under/alongside the US flag at some federal property in Texas or the southwest.

But this is Texas -- where we gladly fly the US flag UNDERNEATH the Texas flag. As such, the Mexican flag can be underneath the Texas flag also. The US and Mexico can argue about who gets above who with respect to the two of them.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis

Right.

I hate to see some twist the words of Jesus.

He condemned all sin. He didnt want the adulterer stoned but did indeed rebuke her sin and told her to sin no more.

Sin is indeed to be judged and called out (especially within the church), what we cant do is condemn people.

As others have mentioned many things which churches and our common culture once considered a sin (in most cases), are now celebrated. Drunkenness, laziness, gluttony, adultery...

Yes Jesus was a radical but he didnt come to tell us everything was cool like some hippie messiah. He came and told us to repent, be born again and to sin no more.

I greatly appreciate my Christian brothers here and I appreciate all who are willing to have these conversations.

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX

-- Mike
    We will fly American flags from pur cranes around holidays. Almost all the Mexican hands will ask where the Mexican flag is......
    "this is America, I don't go to Mexico and ask where the American flag is on cinco de mayo"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MWYBORNY
    Top Bottom