• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I read what they were saying as "it is our duty to stand up for what we believe in". Not "it's our duty to tell people what to do".
    But I may also have read all these posts through my biased eyes.
    Should things be worded better by most Christians? Yes.
    Christians are still people: we make mistakes, can be immature, say dumb stuff (sorry I've gotta quote you Franz, "strangle them with that flag". I know it was a joke and knew what you were saying as far as it being wrong in your eyes. But "we're held to a higher standard as Christians and can't slip up and be hateful" ).....

Just don't lump all christians into the group of "pushing it on you". People know my faith, if they want to know more I HAPPILY share. But this is what happens when people push

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Exactly.

Every action has a reaction.

Be it an OC rally, gay pride flag on the embassy, or someone pushing their religious beliefs.

The reaction is not always the one you wanted.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I have some relatives that definitely attempt to push their religion on you every time you see them if you are not a member of their particular church. It is rather annoying, so I seldom visit them. No real loss there. My world does not revolve around religion, so having it pushed on me every time I see them is a bit irritating. I don't tell them that I think that their 6000 year old Earth belief is ridiculous. I'm more than willing to let them believe whatever they want. Why do they insist on not returning the favor?
    Consider this, maybe they're attempting to proselytize you because they love you? I share my faith with members of my family, and others who are agnostic or atheist because I care for them and want them to not just avoid missing out on everlasting life but to experience the joy that being a follower of our Lord and Savior brings on this earthly plane.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm gonna keep nagging you to eat chocolate cake. Then lemon, then strawberry. Until I find a cake you don't want, then I'll keep nagging because I don't want you to miss out.

Even though you don't want it.

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I'm gonna keep nagging you to eat chocolate cake. Then lemon, then strawberry. Until I find a cake you don't want, then I'll keep nagging because I don't want you to miss out.

Lol.
    Don't you compare my Jesus to a delicious slice of diabetus!

Unless, you realize that good cake is a "little slice of heaven". So it could be Jesus.....

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013

I love you YG. ;>)

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Consider this, maybe they're attempting to proselytize you because they love you? I share my faith with members of my family, and others who are agnostic or atheist because I care for them and want them to not just avoid missing out on everlasting life but to experience the joy that being a follower of our Lord and Savior brings on this earthly plane.

If "you" (generally you, not you specifically) are a hardline evangelizing proselytizer, how about showing me that through how you live your life and what that brings you instead of throwing the difference between me and you in my (general me, not me specifically)?

The media picture of "hardline" Christians is that they're all angry people who want to say "no!" to things other people are doing, not loving people who say "no!" to things for themselves and reap the benefits of "righteousness."

So, again, I ask: how effective is fighting AGAINST gay marriage vs. strengthening the loving example of what a Christian marriage should be such that gay marriage simply, in comparison, seems silly, hollow or both?

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I love you YG. ;>)

Marry me?

depends. You a pitcher or a catcher?

Pitcher.

It would also be a polygamist marriage, BTW.

Well, that was the shortest engagement in the history of the world. Sorry, weddings off.

You bastard.
    Lol

jiFfM.jpg

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    If "you" (generally you, not you specifically) are a hardline evangelizing proselytizer, how about showing me that through how you live your life and what that brings you instead of throwing the difference between me and you in my (general me, not me specifically)?

The media picture of "hardline" Christians is that they're all angry people who want to say "no!" to things other people are doing, not loving people who say "no!" to things for themselves and reap the benefits of "righteousness."

So, again, I ask: how effective is fighting AGAINST gay marriage vs. strengthening the loving example of what a Christian marriage should be such that gay marriage simply, in comparison, seems silly, hollow or both?
    You're absolutely right. Some Christians turn more people off than they convert by their tactics. We need to know when the message is unwelcome and at that point simply pray for their salvation...at least that's what I do.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Ugh. This thread got stupid in a hurry.
    The simple fact is, the 0bama administration again has affronted Jews by flying a queer flag over the United States embassy in Israel.
    Here two interesting facts for you:
    First, the embassy has been required by law to relocate to Jerusalem (the capital city) for almost 20 years now, and every president has violated this law - it's called the, "Jerusalem Embassy Act."
    Second, the gay use of a rainbow is ironic. Rabbinic opinion 2,000 years ago was that what is today called 'gay marriage' is what angered G-d to the point that he nearly wiped out the world, today, there is a special prayer said when a rainbow is seen as it is a reminder of the incident.

Eli

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ugh. This thread got stupid in a hurry.
    The simple fact is, the 0bama administration again has affronted Jews by flying a queer flag over the United States embassy in Israel.
    Here two interesting facts for you:
    First, the embassy has been required by law to relocate to Jerusalem (the capital city) for almost 20 years now, and every president has violated this law - it's called the, "Jerusalem Embassy Act."
    Second, the gay use of a rainbow is ironic. Rabbinic opinion 2,000 years ago was that what is today called 'gay marriage' is what angered G-d to the point that he nearly wiped out the world, today, there is a special prayer said when a rainbow is seen as it is a reminder of the incident.

Eli

Did not know either of these things. Thanks!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Symbols can mean something or....maybe not. I like to wear suspenders with my pants. Old men can do that........snicker.

I have this very old pair of suspenders that have rainbow colors. I bought them long ago and long before the Gay/Lesbian folks adopted the rainbow as their symbol. They're pretty old, so I just use them on my jeans when I mow. My neighbor razzed me about my "gay attire" and we had a good laugh. I still wear them while riding the big tractors and if folks don't like that....well screw 'em!

Flash

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Symbols can mean something or....maybe not. I like to wear suspenders with my pants. Old men can do that........snicker.

I have this very old pair of suspenders that have rainbow colors. I bought them long ago and long before the Gay/Lesbian folks adopted the rainbow as their symbol. They're pretty old, so I just use them on my jeans when I mow. My neighbor razzed me about my "gay attire" and we had a good laugh. I still wear them while riding the big tractors and if folks don't like that....well screw 'em!

Flash
    Just don't fly 'em from your flag pole!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom