• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Apparently loss of communication wasn't unusual...but eight hours seems a bit much to wait. The whole operation is looking more and more slipshod the more light is shined on it.
    Sounds like woke equity caused a lot of trouble, no 50 year old white guys etc. obviously professionals in their field weren't diverse enough

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Sounds like woke equity caused a lot of trouble, no 50 year old white guys etc. obviously professionals in their field weren't diverse enough

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    7q5m42.jpg

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    They were waiting on the comms down sop i believe which is for the coffin to start slowly back to the surface. When they didn't in a certain time frame they ran up the oh shit flag.

Who knew the emergency back up come plan is a 5 lbs sledge beating on the hull hoping the underwater sub detection net could hear them.
    That's bad sop

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I'm going to hazzard a guess and say the CEO is a real prick. He doesn't like being shown up or corrected (he fired the safety guy and won't hire retired US Navy personnel) he put limited text only comms in the sub so the mothership would stop bugging him, he brags about breaking rules and operating outside safety regs, and has resumed dives even after starting aborts.

He's not just stupid, he also has a big ego and too much money.
    I read about previous trips one where the sub was trapped under part of the Titanic. The clients on this trip should have done better research as obviously it is extremely dangerous. Also said there were issues with the sub before this expedition.

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Back before the one engineer quit due to safety concerns, the company had built a 1/3rd model to have tested.
    The results showed that it would suffer cyclic failures...
    The CEO buried this info, and went ahead with the full size version.
    So, it lasted almost 5 'cycles'...

As Bones would say, "They're dead Jim".

That thing imploded.
    Hope they find what ship in the area is having a piece of machinery develop a knock every half hour.
    Maybe worse than the design, it appears that the company is also poorly run. They said today that. after losing contact, it took them six hours to notify authorities to get help. If I were in that tiny thing, running short on air, I might like to have six hours back.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Maybe worse than the design, it appears that the company is also poorly run. They said today that. after losing contact, it took them six hours to notify authorities to get help. If I were in that tiny thing, running short on air, I might like to have six hours back.
    Assuming they weren't Byford'ed the second they lost contact.

That front window apparently flexes (flexed) up to a quarter inch on previous dives. No way those guys are alive.

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I don't claim to be the smartest guy in the room, but it sure seems that it would have been wise to attach a tether with comms capability to the submersible. It was planned to descend to a depth of 3800m. You mean to tell me they couldn't afford a 5km or so long length of cable? Heck the cable doesn't even need to be able to lift the vessel, being able to talk, get telemetry, and locate would have been a game changer.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    I read about previous trips one where the sub was trapped under part of the Titanic. The clients on this trip should have done better research as obviously it is extremely dangerous. Also said there were issues with the sub before this expedition.

Pretty much proves that you don’t need brains to be a billionaire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I don't claim to be the smartest guy in the room, but it sure seems that it would have been wise to attach a tether with comms capability to the submersible. It was planned to descend to a depth of 3800m. You mean to tell me they couldn't afford a 5km or so long length of cable? Heck the cable doesn't even need to be able to lift the vessel, being able to talk, get telemetry, and locate would have been a game changer.
    He specifically didn't want that so the mothership couldn't bug him for status updates.

Top Bottom