• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The US Navy is sending subject matter experts and a “Flyaway Deep Ocean Salvage System” that can lift heavy undersea objects to assist in the search and rescue, a spokesperson said Tuesday

Copy pasta.

That is what prompted my question.

So it is unlikely if it had been found underwater, no rescue would have been possible as it was not on scene, might not yet be on scene.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    That is what prompted my question.

So it is unlikely if it had been found underwater, no rescue would have been possible as it was not on scene, might not yet be on scene.
    I think there's at least one O&G ship, the Deep Energy? Thats on scene. It has very impressive ROV and lift capabilities. It should be able to recover the vessel

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    354063671_828367552227178_7348508753954701946_n.jpg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    The only hatch is the front window. Sealed from the outside by 17 bolts.

Whole thing sounds like it was designed by japan at the end of ww2, a kamakazi submarine.

The stupid just keeps on coming...

Yeah. Only way to get them out would be to bring the thing to the surface. But I'll be amazed if it's still intact. My money is on implosion.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Well they weren't notified till 8 hrs after communications were lost. What the hell is the matter with those on the support ship.
    They were waiting on the comms down sop i believe which is for the coffin to start slowly back to the surface. When they didn't in a certain time frame they ran up the oh shit flag.

Who knew the emergency back up come plan is a 5 lbs sledge beating on the hull hoping the underwater sub detection net could hear them.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Well they weren't notified till 8 hrs after communications were lost. What the hell is the matter with those on the support ship.
    I'm going to hazzard a guess and say the CEO is a real prick. He doesn't like being shown up or corrected (he fired the safety guy and won't hire retired US Navy personnel) he put limited text only comms in the sub so the mothership would stop bugging him, he brags about breaking rules and operating outside safety regs, and has resumed dives even after starting aborts.

He's not just stupid, he also has a big ego and too much money.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    They were waiting on the comms down sop i believe which is for the coffin to start slowly back to the surface. When they didn't in a certain time frame they ran up the oh shit flag.

Who knew the emergency back up come plan is a 5 lbs sledge beating on the hull hoping the underwater sub detection net could hear them.
    A 5lb sledge? Pfft. Who needs that when you got 3 perfectly bad Xbox controllers?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm going to hazzard a guess and say the CEO is a real prick. He doesn't like being shown up or corrected (he fired the safety guy and won't hire retired US Navy personnel) he put limited text only comms in the sub so the mothership would stop bugging him, he brags about breaking rules and operating outside safety regs, and has resumed dives even after starting aborts.

You can't fix stupid but it appears you can stop it.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Well, he sure showed them, didn't he...

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    This submersible seems to have been designed, built and operated by democraps.
    What a cluster.

Just think of all the advances coming!

Medicine that kills!

Airplanes that crack up in midair.

The grid going kurplunk.

Appliances that spontaneously combust.

Lab grown meet that gives you a third eyeball.

Can’t wait to see what the new diversified science and engineering bring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I'm sure if he had at least a few old hands, and not just a bunch of kids running things, comms would be better and the CG would've been called sooner.
    I've worked with a few former sub crew members and I understand why he didn't want them.
    They were intelligent, motivated and had excellent work ethics. Their former Admiral hired them at General Electric for these reasons. Work or play, they did it at 125%.

Top Bottom