• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Exactly. Only time I would use an attorney would be for wrongful termination and filing a lawsuit against the company for damages.
    I have seen times where a letter from an attorney stopped things in their tracks, so that litigation was never necessary. On more than one occasion.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The fallacy of this thinking (I have 2 daughters) that even if they stay virginal until they marry their husband probably doesn’t, HPV causes the number 1 cancer killer of women, mostly preventable. Chicken pox is a really serious disease to acquire as an adult and with all of the border crossings who knows when we will have an outbreak. The chicken pox you get as a child is the shingles you get as an adult. I personally know people that have committed suicide because of shingles pain. Sorry to be off topic.
    There is a proven (e.g., went through full trials, etc.) shingles vaccine. Effective for five years minimum.

Reactions: gll

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    So when they turn 18 or prior to getting married they can get the shot. Males can get the vaccine too. Just like CCP Virus vaccine there is no reason for the federal government to force vaccines on people that don't want them, or people's minor children for STD's . Personally I get pretty much every one doctors recommend. I had chicken pox before there was a shot. I had hepatitis A before there was a shot, but now my doctor says I have immunity for life. Funny thing that natural immunity. Unfortunately I got shingles...very shortly after my Pfizer CCP virus shots...When I went to the doctor she said there were a few reports out of Israel of increased incidence of shingles in Pfizer vax recipients. I'm not sure at all that was the cause, and I don't care. Would've got Pfizer anyway. And I will get the booster. But what it did tell me, is get the shingles vax too. I had to wait a few months after I had it, but since you can get it again, I'm getting Shingrix shot. However, Shingrix has very common and known side effects of fairly uncomfortable fever/illness for 2 days. I wouldn't tell anyone else to get it if they didn't want to. I feel the same way about the Fauci Flu shot.
    Neither wife nor I had any side effects from Shingrix. Slightly sore at point of injection for a day or two, that was it.

Reactions: gll

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The chicken pox you get as a child is the shingles you get as an adult. I personally know people that have committed suicide because of shingles pain.
    QFT. I've seen it up close and it's a terror.

The good thing is that if you're familiar with it, there's a shot you can get to completely cure it almost instantly. The problem is, you need the shot within about a day of the first symptom. 99.9% of people don't recognize that needle-jabbing-the-skin momentary pain somewhere near their waist as the first symptom. They wait a couple of days and it's too late.

My mom had a horrific bout of shingles. It was nightmarish to watch. Her pain was nearly unendurable for a long, long time. It spread from her neck to her thighs. It crawled up her face and impacted her vision; if she hadn't turned the corner on it when she did, it would have blinded her. In the aftermath, the scars were horrible.

Nightmares. It was a seemingly unending parade of nightmares.

I got my first symptom when I was walking into work one day. Having seen my mom's experience, I knew what it was. I called my boss, took the day off, and went directly to my doctor's office where I basically growled at the receptionist "He will work me in today!"

I got the shot and nothing more happened.

There is a proven (e.g., went through full trials, etc.) shingles vaccine. Effective for five years minimum.

I make sure that everyone I love doesn't fail to get the shingles vaccine.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If it is a small company and they heavily rely on you they will most likely make a compromise. Dare them, call their bluff,

The letter he got says that if he doesn't comply then he has voluntarily resigned from Hearst Newspapers.

I don't think he's dealing with a small company.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Prevent chicken pox as a child with chicken pox vaccine and years latter don't need a vaccine to prevent shingles. My point. I too have had shingles vaccine, older one called Zostavax. New one is better. Go for Shingrex.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Prevent chicken pox as a child with chicken pox vaccine and years latter don't need a vaccine to prevent shingles. My point. I too have had shingles vaccine, older one called Zostavax. New one is better. Go for Shingrex.
    Yeah too bad for us old people born before 1980 there wasn't a chicken pox vaccine. Definitely gotta get Shingrix.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Doesn't "non-compliance" with company policy negate your right to benefits upon termination?

It can, everything depends on how the company documents the termination.

Though the underlying reason is ‘violating company policy’, if the reason on the termination paperwork states ‘services no longer required’ then you get a different outcome.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    It can, everything depends on how the company documents the termination.

Though the underlying reason is ‘violating company policy’, if the reason on the termination paperwork states ‘services no longer required’ then you get a different outcome.
    The company I currently work for has let many techs go over the years. Regardless of the reason they always call it a layoff due to lack of work to benefit the tech.

Had a guy get fired for drinking on the job, laid off due to lack of work, then they fill the position with a new body.

Maybe his company will be kind.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Since it’s state run and not the feds, there might be a chance for compensation. Wish Abbott would address that.

It’s clearly addressed on the TWC page.

Fired
    If the employer ended your employment but you were not laid off as defined above, then you were fired. If the employer demanded your resignation, you were fired.

You may be eligible for benefits if you were fired for reasons other than misconduct. Examples of misconduct that could make you ineligible include violation of company policy, violation of law, neglect or mismanagement of your position, or failure to perform your work adequately if you are capable of doing so.

Again, everything depends on what the company documents. File all day long and twice on Sundays, but if tue company terminated for cause, you are not eligible.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’m thinking I have 2 choices if I want to continue working here. One, file a claim for a religious exemption. I’m not sure how they could deny any request concerning religion. It could be a slippery slope for a corporation accused of denying religious freedom. Or two, milk it for what it’s worth! They claim they will pay for time off to get the vaccine, as well as time off to recover from side effects. I will schedule the vaccine for a day and time I’m scheduled to work, then take another 3-4 days off for “recovery”. I’m guessing even if I find another job, I’ll be facing similar mandates. I don’t even recognize this world we live in anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s very easy for a company to deny on religious grounds. In this instance, you are asking for what is essentially am exception to a health and safety policy. The company must decide if it’s more burdensome to allow the exception or to accept risk to the rest of the workforce. There is no 1A protection from a private employer.

You would have a better case for a medical exemption given a physician willing to document a valid reason for a medical exception. Provide that written reason on physician letter head via certified mail to the person indicated in the letter.

Now, your company may agree to either exception with out of pocket mask and testing requirement (and possibly other terms), at which point that’s your option to agree or not.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom